Protein? Can it be too much?

Options
2»

Replies

• MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Your kidneys process protein. So if you are eating lots of protein you need to drink lots of water.
    I stopped counting on this website because I feel like it didnt like if I didnt eat enought, it didnt like if I ate too much, some was red and the green meant it wasnt enough. I felt like it was nagging :) I went back to counting on paper.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    When I looked at your diary, I was think that you must be joking. You get about half as much protein as me. I aim for 113 grams a day. Anywhere from .8 grams to 1 gram per pound of lean body mass is a good amount. One study in the American Journal of medicine suggested that women who are losing weight would do well to get a minimum of 72 grams of protein to minimize loss of lean body mass during weight loss. So actually you are not getting enough protein.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Funny this question gets asked every day...same answer it is very hard to overconsume protein on its own...I eat my recommended 146g per day to maintain my lean mass...I am lifting heavy at the moment and workout at the gym as well as run when I can and cycle as my only means of transport.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I am now aware that I am not eating enough protein so thanks for the feedback! I shall be upping my intake!