Proper Football Teams (Soccer to some)

Options
124»

Replies

• lookingforsomething
    Options
    By default - Birmingham.
    My husband is a Brummie through and through.
    He has every home and away shirt for the past 25 odd years and he's only 29 now!
    He now lives in Australia but his nan still sends every shirt when they come out and records the games and send the DVD over as well so that he can see his beloved team play.

We have hats, scarves, the mini kits that you stick on your car window.

He even wore Birmingham cuff links at our wedding! And wanted the blue and white to be the wedding colours!

First thing he does every morning is check the BCFC web site to see what is happening.
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    We have got the worst Liverpool team I have seem in my living memory.

Regarding the Man U thing I hate them, I am red from Liverpool , it's the law I have to hate them any English fan will tell you that.
    Where as all evertonians wear Manu underwear (banter)
    With Manu it not a money thing they are not being bank rolled the team was built.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Leicester City FC, but as I'm an African, I'll always proclaim love for the mighty Kaizer Chiefs.
  • ItsTheBeebs
    Options
    Spurs fan here...for those who dont know it Tottenham Hotspur.... Americans in the squad are (Mr Consistent) Brad Friedel and Clint Dempsey!

Started supporting about 20years ago, was the first 'real' game i went to, taken by my grandfather who is an Arsenal fan (think my Yankees to his Red Sox) haha.

I try to get to the games as often as possible, been once this season, soon to be 3times!! one more on 8th Nov and on new years day, when i have a friend coming to visit from NJ who wants to go to a 'soccer' game while here in England

So thats me and my club :)
  • samdvd1
    Options
    Carlisle United through and through.
  • fozzie500
    fozzie500 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    man city season ticket holder here! enjoying the ride,last night an example of how as a city fan you have to take the lows as well as the highs!

Mancini seems to be using that excuse "we failed to prepare properly" a lot, said the same when Everton beat you. Another bit of great business by Moyes selling you Rodwell :smile:

yeah i think he believes it deflects attention away from the players, we seem to have turned into evertons cup final,having spoke to other everton fans,i really get the impression they walk around all the time looking at us and their thinking why not us? rodwell,jury's out,but if he turns out to be as good as lescott,i'll be happy.
  • SmudgerSmithRhino
    Options
    Another vote for Leeds!

And that d*ckhead was from Cheltenham so he should have been a M*n United fan!
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options

And there is no atmosphere like Anfield.

I don't know my local library was quite similar last time I visited.

The Anfield atmosphere is legendary......but when did they start to sing hymns and arias? it's all you could hear
  • Murf1968
    Murf1968 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    By default - Birmingham.
    My husband is a Brummie through and through.
    He has every home and away shirt for the past 25 odd years and he's only 29 now!
    He now lives in Australia but his nan still sends every shirt when they come out and records the games and send the DVD over as well so that he can see his beloved team play.

We have hats, scarves, the mini kits that you stick on your car window.

He even wore Birmingham cuff links at our wedding! And wanted the blue and white to be the wedding colours!

First thing he does every morning is check the BCFC web site to see what is happening.
    Top man. :drinker:
  • MotivationINeed
    Options
    Brentford!

No comments please! ;-)
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Newcastle United

but I also keep an eye out for my home town club; Hull City!
  • richiemcfc
    richiemcfc Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    MCFC - The Pride of Manchester!

#champ16ns
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    44 years a Chelsea fan. No regrets, no apologies.
  • Stevearoonie
    Stevearoonie Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I only just recently started paying attention to football/soccer. My interest was peeked about a year ago when I found a local radio show that covered soccer both in the US and abroad. Since then I've began watching and listening to more, trying to educate myself.

I didn't want to be a Man City/Man U/Chelsea fan just because they are popular and doing well right now. I'm interested in the Wigan Latics and have been watching their games recently. I like that they are an underdog, and plus I'm an Oakland Athletics fan so the name works :P

Hoping they can avoid relegation this season, and can recover from their loss to Man United.

Go Latics!
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Spurs, Arsenal, and Man City. And I'm not from London hence don't care about the local rivalry between Spurs and Arsenal supporters.