what goes with salmon?

Options
13»

Replies

• msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I bake my salmon with lemon juice and black pepper.

In a separate pan I bake fresh asparagus spears that has also been seasoned lightly with garlic salt, a big squeeze of lemon juice and fresh black pepper.

I make a piquant sauce to go with it that consists of
    1 x 40g tub reduced fat light philadelphia cream cheese
    1 teaspoon capers
    a dash of tabasco sauce
    the juice of 1/4-1/2 lemon
    1 tsp chopped fresh dill herb
    a little salt to taste for my hubby.
    black pepper.

This sauce quantity does 2 people.

I serve the salmon on a bed of the fresh baked asparagus, 2-3 small sliced baby bocconcini cheese, avocado sliced and a tablespoon of the piquant sauce, with a side of fresh green salad.

You can also use this to have with thinly sliced smoked salmon as well.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Boiled potatoes and green salad
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I normally have it with roasted new potatoes and salad.

With the potatoes, use a tablespoon of olive oil (I use the spray as it's lower calorie) and roll them around making sure they are covered, then sprinkle crushed garlic, rosemary and salt over them and roast at 180 degrees for 30 mins. They are lovely.

The other night I had them on a bed of soy glazed noodles and some stir fry veg.
  • melanie8289
    melanie8289 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Mirin Salmon
    Marinade the salmon steaks in equal quantities of soy sauce and mirin (rice wine) - you don't need much so its not too high in calories. Only needs to marinade for about 15 to 20 mins. Then remove the salmon from the marinade and dry fry on a high heat in a non stick pan serving side down until it is browned nicely. Turn the salmon over lower the heat and add the marinade to the pan. Cover and cook until the salmon is cooked through (about 10 mins). Remove the salmon from the pan onto a serving plate and add some cooked noodles to the juices in the pan with some rice vinegar (about half the quantity of the soy you used). Stir until heated through (2 or 3 mins only). Serve with steamed Chinese veg and any sauce remaining in the pan spooned over the salmon. Really quick and very, very tasty :)
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    I've been stuck lately on eating salmon with sauerkraut.
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    I usually top the salmon with light philidephia cheese and have asparagus, broccoli and new potatoes seasoned with some herbs. Yummy :love:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I really like plain white rice and steamed mixed veggies with my salmon.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    quinoa with a little diced veg mixed in and a bag of steamer brussel sprouts.

or bacon.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and or asparagus.
  • Faithenfire
    Options
    wild rice or asparagus are my favorite
    or whole wheat noodles with a little olive oil and garlic and parmesean
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Not much to add, but count this as another vote for asparagus*, broccoli*, and tomatos. If you want a carb, a little brown rice is good, too.

*Hard to believe that *I* am recommending asparagus and broccoli. I used to hate them. Now? I love asparagus and, well, tolerate broccoli. :smile:
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Personally I like steamed broccli and cauliflower with a spicey white rice on the side.
  • vibrantval
    Options
    I love salmon steaks and recently just made this recipe out of what I had on hand.
    2-3 salmon steaks seasoned with sea salt and pepper
    Enough pineapple slices to covered salmon steaks
    Pour balsamic vinaigrette dressing over everything
    Put in the oven for 45 mins at 350 degrees

I usually eat this on a bed of spinach or romaine lettuce