Mike’s Daily Rant 10/25/2012 Topic: Locker Room Land

Options
13»

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    A few that I practice are as follow: I turn around and never face a person when dropping trou. I get undressed and dressed as quickly as possible. Never walk around locker room naked, wrap up in a towel. Never make eye contact with somebody if they are getting dressed or undressed. Fist bump, no hand shaking. When using the urinal, leave an empty urinal between you and the next guy.

This 100%, leave an empty urinal unless its the only open urinal, then Don't look at me or speak to me when peeing.. People do the same stuff at my gym walking around naked having talks.. and the locker room isn't that big, I don't want to go wash my hands and see some dude standing there naked shaving either..

And I gotta ask, but since the guys were talking about the gators in front of your locker, if you were to engage in their conversation, did you think about getting naked first to match the argument or did you think you had an upper hand wearing cloths?

I always have the upper hand but I choose not to engage in naked talk with guys.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Funny as usual Mike. I too would find the behavior questionable especially in the A. LOL.

Thanks. Exactly!
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that I'm qualified to give an opinion on this as I am a Tennessee Volunteer fan. I pretty sure that Gator fans do things a little differently than we do on Rocky Top. :laugh:

Edited to say: Great post.

LOL Go Vols!

All due respect to the Gators, but "Go *kitten*!" Couldn't resist given the locker room to SEC turn of this thread.

Im gald you responded but they sure could have used your cheerleading last week before they lost to the GATORS!!! LOL #SECLOVE

Don't we all cheer win or lose? #SECLOVE -- On topic: Loved the story! I so needed the laugh today! I work somewhere with a gym onsite. I don't even like ending up on a treadmill next to someone from my direct area, much less the full frontal experience in the locker room. So glad to know we're all bearing it with as much dignity as we can muster!
  • athynz1
    Options
    Maybe it's just me but - as gross as it may sound - I don't shower at the gym. I hit the gym after work, change into my workout gear, work out, grab my stuff and go home to shower which works out as they gym is about a 5 minute drive from my house. I'm not much for hanging out with naked dudes... if you are comfy with your body more power to you but I'm not comfy with it all out there... cover your junk man! LOL
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Maybe it's just me but - as gross as it may sound - I don't shower at the gym. I hit the gym after work, change into my workout gear, work out, grab my stuff and go home to shower which works out as they gym is about a 5 minute drive from my house. I'm not much for hanging out with naked dudes... if you are comfy with your body more power to you but I'm not comfy with it all out there... cover your junk man! LOL

I go before work sometimes that way I have to shower there but I mainly go after work and go straight home without showering then I shower at home. So no doesnt sound gross to me unless you go to work like that. :laugh:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I'm not sure that I'm qualified to give an opinion on this as I am a Tennessee Volunteer fan. I pretty sure that Gator fans do things a little differently than we do on Rocky Top. :laugh:

Edited to say: Great post.

LOL Go Vols!

All due respect to the Gators, but "Go *kitten*!" Couldn't resist given the locker room to SEC turn of this thread.

Im gald you responded but they sure could have used your cheerleading last week before they lost to the GATORS!!! LOL #SECLOVE

Don't we all cheer win or lose? #SECLOVE -- On topic: Loved the story! I so needed the laugh today! I work somewhere with a gym onsite. I don't even like ending up on a treadmill next to someone from my direct area, much less the full frontal experience in the locker room. So glad to know we're all bearing it with as much dignity as we can muster!

Thanks I just tell it like I see it. Yes we do all cheer win or lose.
  • meggawatt
    meggawatt Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Men chatting casually (or debating football) naked, um NOOOOOOO! I'm not a prude and would totally be comfortable strolling around in the buff through the locker room, but by no means would I engage in conversation during said stroll.

Thanks for yet another good bit of laughter Mike!!!
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Haha my good friend is also a diehard gators fan. Sadly though, I'm a Jayhawk for life!!

Anyway, back to the topic.

I know it's every man's ultimate fantasy to be in a women's locker room with a bunch of naked women. But for a straight woman, it's bloody hell!!! Nothing grinds my gears more than 2 women having an hour long chat to each other, naked. Especially when I'm trying to get to my locker!! I can barely tolerate seeing a bunch of naked (usually much, much older) women in the first place, letalone when they decide to hang out in their birthday suit for the rest of the day...

I too get undressed and dressed as fast as possible. I often even take my undies into the shower area with me to minimise naked time haha
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    All I can say is GAAAAAH! How uncomfortable! And really, the guy "had" to dry his penis in front of you????!!!! What is up with that???!!!!

Sounds like you need some sort of survivor counseling from that catastrophe! ugh!
  • buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    After reading these comments I am so grateful that my gym is full of uptight people uncomfortable with their nudity! Thank you Lord!
  • kayellgee
    Options
    If you're not a gator…you're gator bait!!! UF alumna here!

I don't know if I would debate it naked in a public place though…lol Great post :)
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What I notice is that retired men tend not to have any inhibition about themselves in the locker room. they walk around nude and will attempt to have a full on conversation with people. I personally am like Mike in that I get in and get out so to speak. I usually lift when I can mid morning or early afternoon to avoid the rush time at my gym but sometimes it is a necessary evil. The short of it is I just ignore the bs and keep it moving
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Men chatting casually (or debating football) naked, um NOOOOOOO! I'm not a prude and would totally be comfortable strolling around in the buff through the locker room, but by no means would I engage in conversation during said stroll.

Thanks for yet another good bit of laughter Mike!!!

Right!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Haha my good friend is also a diehard gators fan. Sadly though, I'm a Jayhawk for life!!

Anyway, back to the topic.

I know it's every man's ultimate fantasy to be in a women's locker room with a bunch of naked women. But for a straight woman, it's bloody hell!!! Nothing grinds my gears more than 2 women having an hour long chat to each other, naked. Especially when I'm trying to get to my locker!! I can barely tolerate seeing a bunch of naked (usually much, much older) women in the first place, letalone when they decide to hang out in their birthday suit for the rest of the day...

I too get undressed and dressed as fast as possible. I often even take my undies into the shower area with me to minimise naked time haha

Well first off your good friend must be awesome! Second of all I think you are awesome too because you are a jayhawk but part Gator. We gifted you Charlie Weis which was a nice gift. I think he is better suited as a head coach. Finally It is not every man's ultimate fantasy to be in a woman's locker room. However, It is mine. I lived it out on accident one day. I went to a gym on a different part of town and the doors were flipped. I walked in and heard gasping. I looked up and covered my eyes and walked back out of the gym completely. I went to another gym that day because I felt bad. I waited weeks before I went back because I wanted everyone to forget that it happened but I really didnt see much so thats all I have to say about that. I will say that it smelled much better than ours.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    All I can say is GAAAAAH! How uncomfortable! And really, the guy "had" to dry his penis in front of you????!!!! What is up with that???!!!!

Sounds like you need some sort of survivor counseling from that catastrophe! ugh!

LOL. I will be ok now that I was able to write about it.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    If you're not a gator…you're gator bait!!! UF alumna here!

I don't know if I would debate it naked in a public place though…lol Great post :)

Go Gators!!! I agree with you not naked. LOL.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    What I notice is that retired men tend not to have any inhibition about themselves in the locker room. they walk around nude and will attempt to have a full on conversation with people. I personally am like Mike in that I get in and get out so to speak. I usually lift when I can mid morning or early afternoon to avoid the rush time at my gym but sometimes it is a necessary evil. The short of it is I just ignore the bs and keep it moving

Well Said.