Scale does lie!

Options

Replies

• MaryKBallard
    Options
    I have an old fashioned Taylor--not digital--and it is always right...:mad: ...where can I buy the one that makes me weigh less?:wink:
  • FitbitConnor
    FitbitConnor Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    The scales i replaced the WW ones are salter and seem very accurate and only cost £7.99 which is a bonus!
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I HAD AN 80 DOLLAR DIGITAL SCALE AND IT SAID A DIFFERENT NUMBER EVERYTIME..SO FOR MY SANITY I BOUGHT AN ANALOG SCALE AND IM OK WITHOUT EVERY OUNCE THOUGH I WOULD PERFER IT.
  • SkeletonWishes
    SkeletonWishes Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale with a big readout, and the name on the scale is THINNER (positive thinking, perhaps?)
    I have to weigh myself several times, every time, because it's never the same three times in a row. So I take the number that is repeated most often. I have made the mistake of not doing that, just taking the first number, then excitedly logging it into my checkin, then discoved just a few minutes later, no additional water, food or clothing, that I really weighed five pounds more! The moral to that is, don't go back the same day!

i have that scale too! we've had it for a couple of years but its just getting worse and worse. we've reset it, re calibrated it- all the works and it keeps giving me multiple different readings. i stepped on this morning and got 7 different numbers! i dont know which one is right anymore. im really ready to just throw it out the window :explode: :grumble: :sad:
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It sound like Weight Watchers scale is not good at all. Avoid at all cost, not even as a gift. It is a dog.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    the placement of the scale or the batteries no doubt could be the issue :(

I thought mine was a defect too - first time I had issues it was the batteries. Then the next time, I realized I did not place my scale in the same spot and come to find out the spot was just a tad uneven.

I have the WW scale (silver & black version) - I have had the glass one which was a mess no matter where I put it so I trashed that one. Have had the WW silver version since 2002 with no major issues once I figured out the floor / battery thing :)
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    108-8321846A67UC321365X.jpg

This is the critter Boooo, hissss! lol

I have this scale and its gives me inconsistent readings, it can be up to a 5lb difference. They are in the exact same place, I am sad enough to have drawn lines on my floor so I line it up exactly every time and they always lie.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a problem with my WW scale. I do take decent care of it, though, and weigh on a cement floor.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I recall using my Mom's scale (a digital) and I would weigh 3x's and take the average of the 3. I own an analog - easier to calibrate.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have an Omron body composition monitor, it seems to give me good readings for my weight/body fat % etc. I always get the same readout if I weigh in multiple times in a row. I've had it for over a month now, I changed from some good old analogue scales. I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it.
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale and don't think it's as accurate as non-digital. It never gives me the same answer twice, even with fresh batteries.
  • panterred007
    Options
    :brokenheart: I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I HAVE THAT SAME PROBLEM AT WEIGHT WATHCERS
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have the EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale w/ Extra Large Backlit 3.5" Display and "Step-On" Technology, $28 on Amazon. It's right on point with the one the trainers at my gym use as well as all the doctors we visit in my family, and it can tell a 2 oz difference of shirt vs no shirt. We tested it many times, with hand weights and without :) Always accurate.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I had that scale and it did that to me constantly! I finally got the health-o-meter from Walmart and it works fine. I have checked up to 5 times in a row with the same reading.

This is funny! My Health-O-Meter sucks! It will vary in lbs, but it has also been knocked around by the kids and is several years old too!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You know the saying "the scale doesn't lie"... well mine does.. Apparently it doesn't know which lie to tell me. I have a weight watchers digital scale and have stepped on the darn thing 10 times in a row and got 10 different weights. Though I would love to take the lowest weight it gave me.. I know it's not correct..

Anyone out there with digital scales? Do you always take the first weight you get or do you step on and off a bunch of times to see if it's consisent?. I want credit for every darn ounce I lose but I don't think my scales giving it to me. :sad:

I am doing the Wii Fit plus and that scale seems to be the only thing that has been near consistent.

i have a digital scale not the same kind but i do get on and off just too make sure it is accurate. I take the weight i get twice or more. i wish these scale were more accurate. ugh. it is frustrating but oh well.
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Time to invest in a new, not Weight Watchers scale? My scale is digital, and it gives me only one reading no matter how many times in a row I step on it. It was a cheap one at Walmart, I think. I've had it for a few years and it's still kickin' out accurate readings.

Ditto this. I don't get consistent readings if I try again an hour later or anything, but for the most part it is perfectly consistent. Cost me $15 and it's a really nice glass one.
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Time to invest in a new, not Weight Watchers scale? My scale is digital, and it gives me only one reading no matter how many times in a row I step on it. It was a cheap one at Walmart, I think. I've had it for a few years and it's still kickin' out accurate readings.

I got mine at the dollar store like 2 years ago its its great, Well I have to use it twice to get a correct weight because it kicks on when I'm moving and the first weight is always 2 pounds heavier than it should be.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    take 3 weights and average. done.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Weight should not be a linear number. If you are weighing yourself more then once a week expect many fluctuations. If you are weighing yourself less then that expect less fluctuations. A typical pattern should be similar to spikes resembling stairs...it goes up and down but the over all pattern throughout the months is that the weight goes down.

OR if you can get on it a few seconds apart and get different values...your floor is on even and is not on a solid hard surface...at which point no scale will work.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale with a big readout, and the name on the scale is THINNER (positive thinking, perhaps?)
    I have to weigh myself several times, every time, because it's never the same three times in a row. So I take the number that is repeated most often. I have made the mistake of not doing that, just taking the first number, then excitedly logging it into my checkin, then discoved just a few minutes later, no additional water, food or clothing, that I really weighed five pounds more! The moral to that is, don't go back the same day!

I believe I have this same scale and no matter how many times I step on it it always weighs the same.