How do you like your tea?

Options

Replies

• lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I love just plain old green tea. Lipton's flavored teas are really good too, and I never do anything to them because they are sweet enough. Sometimes I'll put a little nectrese in my green tea if I have a sweet tooth. I'm not much a sweets person, so that would do it for me for the whole day, if not the whole week.
  • jonkers2012
    jonkers2012 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    PG Tips, no milk, no sugar, strong - proper tea:smile:

Damn right! (though I like milk with mine :) tea and coffee are great drunk as they are, I don't get all the flavours and syrups people add! But, to each their own ;) and by the way, Waitrose own brand loose leaf tea will give you a wonderfully rich strong cuppa...
  • cechapman10
    cechapman10 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like the Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger. I'm also a fan of Stash White Peach Oolong. I do either with a drop of honey.
  • miss_asho
    Options
    I'm from the South and we like our tea SWEET but I love HOT tea too mainly green or raspberry.
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I order my tea from a store in Indianapolis and have it shipped to me. Loose-leaf, hand-blended teas. I drink everything cold. Nothing added except as noted: (In the winter I'll have an occassional chai tea latte. YUMMY!)

I've developed stomach problems and can no longer drink black tea. I've switched to red (which really isn't a tea but an herbal brew) and white.

I just call this store and say please walk around and tell me what you have blended and order over the phone! Love it!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Earl Grey. Hot. One pack of splenda.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    English breakfast or traditional black tea, hot with a dash of low fat milk and sugar

and a biscuit on the side :D

makes all my stress and troubles ease away :smile:
  • smiling_sushi
    smiling_sushi Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My current addiction is the Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls (a green tea) from Teavana, with slightly less than a teaspoon of the German rock sugar Teavana sells. I make 16 oz every day and take it to work with me. The rock sugar adds just a hint of sweetness to the tea without overpowering the jasmine flavor. It's my delicious (and expensive) replacement for my coffee I had to give up due to health reasons.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Rooibos. It is earthy, but not so aromatic and overwhelming as so many herbal teas. Plus, it has no caffeine. You can put milk or half-half in it. Green tea loses some of its health benefits when it is adulterated with milk.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea and lemon/ginger tea. I do not add anything into them because they are perfect on their own.
  • Type1Rachelle
    Options
    I like tea a lot, but are you drinking it caffeinated or decaffeinated in the evening? I've read that coffee relaxes some people, but I don't know... I personally try to stay away from caffeine in the evenings, but maybe I'm just sensitive to it.

I love love LOVE Lapsang Lachong tea - it's very "smokey" - they dry the leaves over pine needles apparently.

I also like green tea and Sleepytime tea... the most I ever add is maybe a teaspoon of honey, but I usually drink it plain.
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    Chai tea with milk and sugar
    black tea with sugar or honey
    and fruity teas Pomogranite, Blueberry, Peach, Raspberry etc without sugar
  • grrlgeek
    grrlgeek Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    green tea, hot
    chai tea, with half-n-half
    black tea (not really brand/strain loyal here) with half-n-half and a teaspoon of turbinado sugar
    moroccan mint tea, hot
    red zinger, hot
    oh! and iced tea, with a twist of lemon or orange

but mostly, i am a coffee achiever... bold, leaded, white, and sweet
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Fruity flavored Stash tea, straight up. I have some very large coffee mugs that hold around 2c of water... so I put one tea bag in w/ boiling water, and steep for at least 5 minutes.

Black tea w/ lemon
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My sister got some dried mint and some local sort of weed looking thing. We use it to make our own tea. Tastes great AND helps with allergies!
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I’ve become a total tea freak!! About 3 years ago all the women at work invited me to my first “tea party” (funny being that I’m from the Boston-area). Now I start the day with a cup of coffee and spend the rest drinking tea. I drink loose teas (mostly) – caffeinated until about noon-1’ish; then I switch to green teas in the afternoon; and after 5 I mostly enjoy rooibos (not really tea but no caffeine and just as yummy as teas).
    Right now my loose tea selection includes: Caffeinated/Mornings: Pumpkin Pie, Hole’ Mole’, French Kiss, Sleepy Hollow Chai . Green & light caffeine Teas: Blueberry Bliss, 8 Treasures of Shaolin, and Chocolate Chai. And my Rooibos and Chai’s: Shake Your Boo-Tea, Provence, Dragonfly Song, and Gingerbread Latte.

I carry a few bags with me and those are mostly Harney & Sons – Paris, Hot Cinnamon Spice and Cranberry Autumn.
    Oh, and I take it, sometimes, with a little (less than ½ teaspoon agave/honey.
    See … total tea freak!!
    :blushing:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Love most teas just as is ,perfectly plain. I drink 3 or 4 - 16 oz teas a day, mostly green teas.
    But any cinnamon, vanilla or cocoa chai, and black teas, usually with a packet of stevia and a dash of skim milk or half and half.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I like tea a lot, but are you drinking it caffeinated or decaffeinated in the evening? I've read that coffee relaxes some people, but I don't know... I personally try to stay away from caffeine in the evenings, but maybe I'm just sensitive to it.

I love love LOVE Lapsang Lachong tea - it's very "smokey" - they dry the leaves over pine needles apparently.

I also like green tea and Sleepytime tea... the most I ever add is maybe a teaspoon of honey, but I usually drink it plain.

It's not so much the caffeine that bothers me, so much as the bitter taste the coffee left in my mouth. The tea I have now has caffeine but I think it's just the process of brewing and sipping on a hot beverage that helps me relax.
    I also drink a lot of chamomile or sleepytime tea to wind down at night.

This sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'll check one of these out next time.
  • BiscuitsNDavy
    BiscuitsNDavy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ahmad English Breakfast straight up iced.
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    love tea. usually drink it as is but i guess with chai or black tea you coud add a bit of cream (or milk whatever). Also I like to make a pot of green tea then let it cool then keep in refrigerated in a pitcher so I can drink it iced. You could do that with any tea. I also like honey in my tea and agave too makes a good sweetener.