"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options

Replies

• callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

GREAT job! You look wonderful :)
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    <--- 60lbs down so far!
  • wwkls
    wwkls Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You have done brilliantly well done! :)
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So my body type!
    Mom of two!
    Good Luck! and you can get there!!

LorenaCatesbeforeandafter-11_zps46b48315.jpg

WOW! You are totally rocking that blue dress!! Great Job!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85 pounds over the past year. When I lose weight, I lose it EVERYWHERE except my stomach... :( My legs are thin, my arms are thin, I have no butt. :) I weigh 136 now (5'6") and I still feel that I'm fat because I still do have the belly. It's shrunk -- but it's still there. I'm not sure that I can lose it.

Here is a picture taken about a year ago. I was good at hiding my stomach...

100_1456.jpg

This is a picture of me about a month ago at a wedding. Like lady_jessi, I look good in clothes and feel that I have lost enough weight but when I take them off -- not so anymore. :( -- sorry about the squinting....

100_3352.jpg

You look great! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Apple here!
    top photos are from 2008-ish bottom photos are 2011- pre-weight lifting so i am lacking in the muscle area. Now that i lift, i am only 5 lbs lighter than i was in the top photos.

fat-tile.jpg

You are gorgeous! Of course you were beautiful before too. Great work.
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've lost 85 pounds over the past year. When I lose weight, I lose it EVERYWHERE except my stomach... :( My legs are thin, my arms are thin, I have no butt. :) I weigh 136 now (5'6") and I still feel that I'm fat because I still do have the belly. It's shrunk -- but it's still there. I'm not sure that I can lose it.

Here is a picture taken about a year ago. I was good at hiding my stomach...

100_1456.jpg

This is a picture of me about a month ago at a wedding. Like lady_jessi, I look good in clothes and feel that I have lost enough weight but when I take them off -- not so anymore. :( -- sorry about the squinting....

100_3352.jpg

You look great! You should be very proud of yourself.

i have the same 'what if i never lose the gut' worry. because i lose it from everywhere. but it appears as though you lost a LOT of belly. great job.
  • amandakev88
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

you look awesome. you werent even that 'appley' before. you didnt look 190. very encouraging cause from behind im kinda similar to your before.. sigh.
  • amandakev88
    Options
    So my body type!
    Mom of two!
    Good Luck! and you can get there!!

LorenaCatesbeforeandafter-11_zps46b48315.jpg

WOW! You are totally rocking that blue dress!! Great Job!

amazing.
  • amandakev88
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and uterine fibroids. There is hope of going from apple to hourglass... i think i can call myself hourglass now! :)

168 lbs Summer 2011, and 133 lbs Summer 2013 :)

44323634_857.jpg44323634_3570.jpg

44323634_4469.jpg44323634_7481.jpg

44323634_259.jpg44323634_6962.jpg

44323634_207.jpg44323634_9287.jpg

GOR-JUS:flowerforyou:

wowza. tell us how you got that tush too!
  • thrillho3
    thrillho3 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bohojourney
    bohojourney Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Look at you now!! amazing :smile:
  • alicialetta
    alicialetta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I, too am an apple shape. Have any of you ladies with 70 lb or more weight loss had to deal with any loose skin around the tummy?
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I, too am an apple shape. Have any of you ladies with 70 lb or more weight loss had to deal with any loose skin around the tummy?

yes, it's horrible but I"ve lost/gained around 100 pounds 4 times!!! Please if you get the weight off once do not regain it, that is when I got the loose skin, when I lost all the weight the 2nd/3rd/4th time. The first time I lost it I was 27 years old and everything tightened up. I just wish I never would have gotten fat again all those times. I had issues, I know what they are now and I know this isn't a "diet" just to get thin so I can eat everything I want (gee, why didn't that work out for me???)..LOL!

So anyway, I'm going to have to either deal with all this loose skin or get a tummy tuck and arm surgery. If I can get insurance to pay for it somehow I will have it done. If I can't then I'm doomed for the rest of my life to have to deal with it.
  • alicialetta
    alicialetta Posts: 7 Member
    Options

yes, it's horrible but I"ve lost/gained around 100 pounds 4 times!!! Please if you get the weight off once do not regain it, that is when I got the loose skin, when I lost all the weight the 2nd/3rd/4th time. The first time I lost it I was 27 years old and everything tightened up. I just wish I never would have gotten fat again all those times. I had issues, I know what they are now and I know this isn't a "diet" just to get thin so I can eat everything I want (gee, why didn't that work out for me???)..LOL!

So anyway, I'm going to have to either deal with all this loose skin or get a tummy tuck and arm surgery. If I can get insurance to pay for it somehow I will have it done. If I can't then I'm doomed for the rest of my life to have to deal with it.

Thank you for the response! When I started, I was 255 lbs, and I am now down to 245, with a goal of 180. I'll be 26 in May, and I've been overweight for at least the past 7 years. I'm really hoping that my age will help my skin bounce back, but I'll keep you posted lol. Thanks again!!
  • Housekat61
    Housekat61 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My kid is gorgeous!!
  • RedDirtGirl16
    RedDirtGirl16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump :smile:
  • pacsqueen
    Options
    I was once an apple but I am slowly becoming a banana! Yea!! It can happen so hang in there!!!
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    from one apple to others…thanks for showing me it CAN be done!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the inspiration for us fellow apples :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!