"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options
Hey Ladies,
I've always had the curse of the "apple" shape body type, or rather, my weight tends to stick more around my stomach and torso than anywhere else. Never quite understood why we had to name our bodies after fruit, but I digress. I'd really love to see your before & afters if you had a similar body type! I need some inspiration to get going.

Replies

• Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    <-Before and after pic at 50lbs lost. I too have the apple shape,but just started Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and can already tell the diff in my mid section ^u^
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    BUMP. I need replies to this!
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    Bump.. amen sister
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    I think its maybe weird because after people lose weight they don't look like an apple? I'm all belly....like ALL belly. My legs are like 2-3 pants sizes smaller than my "waist" aka pudge. I'm broad chested and hold weight in my arms too. GRRRR.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Here's my before @ 275

2676272_1950.jpg

2676272_566.jpg

At -40lbs

2676272_9338.jpg

At -70lbs

2676272_1287.jpg

2676272_4836.jpg

2676272_5610.jpg

I have another 40 I'd like to lose, and we'll see from there.
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

You look wonderful!!
  • threeohtwo
    Options
    Here's my before @ 275

2676272_1950.jpg

2676272_566.jpg

At -40lbs

2676272_9338.jpg

At -70lbs

2676272_1287.jpg

2676272_4836.jpg

2676272_5610.jpg

I have another 40 I'd like to lose, and we'll see from there.
    Gorgeous! Are you an adele lover? or james bond lover?
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I gain all in the stomach/boobs/upper arms too. I called it my "Koolaid man" look. LOL

5'7 (before picture weight was 159 and after was 133, currently 130 now.) Excuse my dirty mirror, haha!

8139763481_10a64ff3b0.jpg
  • pegfordw
    pegfordw Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! Are you an adele lover? or james bond lover?

Yes. I love both Adele and James Bond. Esp Daniel Craig as Bond.
  • grapebeyond
    grapebeyond Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep em coming, I am an apple needing hope/inspiration too!
  • DeviantDarkwolf2
    DeviantDarkwolf2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I gain all in the stomach/boobs/upper arms too. I called it my "Koolaid man" look. LOL

5'7 (before picture weight was 159...size 10 pant size large shirt..... and after pic was 133 (size 6 pant and size small shirt) currently 130 now. Excuse my dirty mirror, haha!

8139763481_10a64ff3b0.jpg

Amazing work!! You look wonderful!
  • bexblonde
    Options
    Those of you who have posted pics - you look amazing! Definitely gives me hope - my waist is the one area I really struggle with. I do quite a lot of running but have started mixing it up with some Jillian Michaels DVDs and weight training, hoping that will help to reduce my waist!
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! I am also cursed with the apple shape. My weight collects around the bust, stomache and linebacker shoulders :( I'm still trying to lose weight but I can see changes in my body. It's going very slowly.
  • bubbaacat
    bubbaacat Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, You must be soooo proud of what you have done for yourself. You look beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • antigone23
    antigone23 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't have pics but I have lost a total of 12 lbs this year, some of it before I joined MFP, and it feels like most of it has come off around my legs, so I am more of an apple than ever. SO frustrating! I wish I could lose 0 more pounds from my legs, butt and hips, and lose it all from my chest, stomach, and arms. But - not going to happen.
  • jaygissella
    jaygissella Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!