"Apple" Shaped Women - Before & Afters?

Options

Replies

• fruity2
    fruity2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    all you ladies have done an amazing job!
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

You look great! Your hard work is paying off in the body recomposition area because it looks like you've lost more than 15lbs. I am curious to know what your calorie intake was/is. I've been doing some weight training and want to make sure I'm eating at a good enough deficit to lose but still eating enough to support my training.

Thank you! I ate around 1800-1600 calories at that time I believe. I calculated my BMR and ate slightly above that number so I knew I was at least taking care of my body and allowing for some muscle gain (though it's much harder to gain muscle on a calorie deficit). I always ate back my exercise calories, which is a must. In addition to the weight training I was doing about 2-3 days of cardio as well. Nothing too crazy in the cardio department except for my 3-hour mountain hikes. It took a long time but I believe that the slow way is the most sustainable way :)
  • texjenn
    texjenn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    girlllllll...you look drop dead GORGEOUS and I'm so proud of you! In terms of belly fat, I just don't see it on you. People say that eating less breads and pasta/starches and sweets can help, but I'm not sure about that at all. My "gut" is my biggest area too and it's going down nicely (considering I've got 50 more pounds to go, and have only lost 9 pounds so far), but eating less of these things "seem" to be helping me. But it's truly an unique battle we're fighting, so what's good for some, may not be good for others. In ANY case, you are now officially on my SHERO list and you rock, period.

Oh, my, gosh, You are too sweet!!! Thank you! This made my day! :)
  • seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    weightlossprogress190-175.jpg

I am still very much a work in progress and have lost about 6 pounds these were taken, but this is what a 15-pound loss looked like on my apple shape. I don't look too much like an apple any longer, I would like to think I look more like an hourglass now. I ate slightly above my BMR and took up weight training. That's how I did it :)

I'm 5'5''

You look great! Your hard work is paying off in the body recomposition area because it looks like you've lost more than 15lbs. I am curious to know what your calorie intake was/is. I've been doing some weight training and want to make sure I'm eating at a good enough deficit to lose but still eating enough to support my training.

Thank you! I ate around 1800-1600 calories at that time I believe. I calculated my BMR and ate slightly above that number so I knew I was at least taking care of my body and allowing for some muscle gain (though it's much harder to gain muscle on a calorie deficit). I always ate back my exercise calories, which is a must. In addition to the weight training I was doing about 2-3 days of cardio as well. Nothing too crazy in the cardio department except for my 3-hour mountain hikes. It took a long time but I believe that the slow way is the most sustainable way :)

Thanks for your response. Im currently at about 210 so looks like maybe I can try a calorie intake similar to yours. At that calorie level what did your pound per week loss look like?
  • SpicyLipz
    SpicyLipz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the same body shape! I wish I could have been blessed with an applebottom instead of an apple shape torso. However, the shape is linked to a syndrome called PCOS. You should check out the symptoms to ensure you don't have PCOS.
  • sandygettingfit
    sandygettingfit Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I gain all in the stomach/boobs/upper arms too. I called it my "Koolaid man" look. LOL

5'7 (before picture weight was 159 and after was 133, currently 130 now.) Excuse my dirty mirror, haha!

8139763481_10a64ff3b0.jpg
    Very inspiring! Same body stats as me except I starred at a higher weight. Currently 150 working on getting to 135. Great job!
  • SpicyLipz
    Options
    U look GOOD!
  • SpicyLipz
    Options
    Omg, u look absolutely stunning! W0W, u inspired me!
  • RainxPain
    Options
    bump
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Here I am at 184 and then at 159. 25 lbs down. I'm sitting in plateau land but think I've made some progress.

beforeafter.jpg
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    great work ladies!!

i too would like to see more. i'm a size 10 but only 5ft and def an apple. it's a pain in the a** trying to shift the weight from my midsection
  • Shays0518
    Shays0518 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ugh, picture posted tiny. Don't know how to make it bigger. Sorry
  • andshley
    Options
    Bump! I'm apple-shaped and currently struggling with making the right food choices. Thanks for inspiring me to stay on track!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I have PCOS and therefore have a terrible tendency to store around the middle.

16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (142lb).

photo.jpg

7.jpg
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I am an apple too I am down almost 55 lbs so far. My pictures are in my profile. I tend to carry a lot of weight in my chest shoulders and stomach.
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I gain all in the stomach/boobs/upper arms too. I called it my "Koolaid man" look. LOL

5'7 (before picture weight was 159...size 10 pant size large shirt..... and after pic was 133 (size 6 pant and size small shirt) currently 130 now. Excuse my dirty mirror, haha!

8139763481_10a64ff3b0.jpg

Wow, gorgeous!!!
  • lpbm5
    lpbm5 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I have PCOS and therefore have a terrible tendency to store around the middle.

16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (142lb).

photo.jpg

7.jpg
    HOLY CRAP! Amazing! Love your abs!!! What exercises do you do??
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! Amazing! Love your abs!!! What exercises do you do??

Thank you very much!

My exercise regime is as follows:

Monday - 1 hour zumba, 20 - 30 minutes weights
    Tuesday - 1 hour zumba, 20 - 30 minutes weights
    Wednesday - 1 hour zumba, 20 - 30 minutes weights
    Thursday - 1 hour treadmill, 30 minutes weights/pull-ups/crunches
    Friday - 1 hour zumba, 1 hour circuits, any energy I have left is spent on lifting weights...believe me, it ain't 20 - 30 minutes!
    Saturday - rest day
    Sunday - 1 hour zumba, 20 - 30 minutes weights

A lot? Yeah. But it works :)

Any other questions please drop me a line!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Before and during, not quite to my "after" yet. I am an apple and I gain weight in my belly first. Fortunately for me though, that's where I lose it first too.

comparison.jpg

Wow!!! Wow!!! Wow!!! You have done amazing work! How did you do it? What is your food plan ? Do you have an exercise plan? Please do tell!!! Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!