Options

Replies

• 2FattyXFatty4
    2FattyXFatty4 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @here_i_go_again ^^

Hello, hello!

Thanks for the compliment! Here's what I'm doing:

Food ~ I eat when I am hungry, stop when I am satisfied (not full), and that usually brings me to around 1600 calories per day, not that I really COUNT calories, but when I've plugged in my food to the diary, it usually tops out at around that number. I don't deprive myself of the things i like -- I eat bread and sugar -- but I consciously make healthful choices as well. I follow the Intuitive Eating method and I listen to my hunger cues. You can read more about that here: http://www.intuitive-eating.com

Exercise ~ I started out just walking and I still do at least three days per week, for an hour each time. I also like to ride my bike. For "fun" cardio, I do Turbo Jam 2X a week. I just started doing the Full Body Curve Down by Anowa Adjah three weeks ago and I am LOVING it. She is mean, mean, mean -- a BEAST -- but it's so worth it. I have dropped one dress size since starting her workout DVD, and that was after being stuck at the same size for about four months.

I started this journey on December 2, 2011 so I am coming up on my anniversary veeerry soon

Hope this helps. :-)
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I think its maybe weird because after people lose weight they don't look like an apple? I'm all belly....like ALL belly. My legs are like 2-3 pants sizes smaller than my "waist" aka pudge. I'm broad chested and hold weight in my arms too. GRRRR.

Hi, big waist and arms here! It's like you're describing me! I'm forever having to buy huge pants and have them taken in in the legs.

Love this thread - glad to know I'm not alone, and there's hope :)
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Awesome pics, ladies!!!!!
  • KLo924
    Options
    I have a LOT to go, but here's about 30 lb. difference (I've lost about 40 total, but the first pic. was after I started, and the last a couple weeks ago). Please excuse the locations and my appearance - my old office was my closet and the first one was after a workout, and the second one was in a hotel before a race :)

PhotoBooth.jpg

EDIT: How do I make this smaller? :ohwell: This is my first time posting a pic. and it's a little scary to see me so huge lol (also two pic.s are cut off)
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    Options
    It won't let me edit my previous post anymore but I also have PCOS. The weird part is all the symptoms go away if I stay under a certain weight. Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat!
  • Star0007
    Options
    WOW the pictures of before and after/current are amazing! Keep it up ladies!
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I gain all in the stomach/boobs/upper arms too. I called it my "Koolaid man" look. LOL

5'7 (before picture weight was 159...size 10 pant size large shirt..... and after pic was 133 (size 6 pant and size small shirt) currently 130 now. Excuse my dirty mirror, haha!

8139763481_10a64ff3b0.jpg
    [/quote

You look great!
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

I have PCOS and therefore have a terrible tendency to store around the middle.

16 stone (224lb) to just over 10 stone (142lb).

photo.jpg

7.jpg

You are seriously fabulous!!! i too have PCOS and thought your mid seciton was impossible obviously I was wrong and it has now pushed me to go harder!! Thanks for posting doll!!! Shout out to the OP too,thanks for posting cupcake!!
  • gwicks54
    gwicks54 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Loved seeing everyone's picture's. You all look amazing!
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Wow to all the posters!! You give me hope. ????
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    All of you have done an amazing job! :]
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    bump for motivation!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    bump for motivation!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have it in my tummy and upper arm.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    erg3kn.jpg

Im might be around 135 now (weigh just once a month). Im 5 2 and with a GW of 120
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    combinedJG.jpg

Work in progress, before 240, size 22, current 161, size 14/16, one year between start and now.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    meb4and-during.png
    Before and during
  • Danam48
    Danam48 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even describe my physique as an apple..more like a meatball on a stick! I feel like most of the weight I have lost is from my face/neck and butt/legs. It's frustrating when you just want the belly to go away. According to my measurements I have lost 7 inches on my waist, so that is super encouraging. I have only gone down from size 24 to an 18 though.. First pic is from 3 years ago when I was at my heaviest.. 310. I am down 85 pounds from that in the other pics.
    Confirmationday0322604x640604x640.jpg
    2012-10-12_18-34-47_3222360x640.jpg
    2012-10-12_18-35-54_5712360x640.jpg
    2012-11-04_09-52-12_7662.jpg
  • KLo924
    Options
    It won't let me edit my previous post anymore but I also have PCOS. The weird part is all the symptoms go away if I stay under a certain weight. Sounds like a lot of us are in the same boat!

I also have PCOS. This is incredibly inspiring to read!! There is hope...
  • Martha6010
    Martha6010 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have pictures in my profile if like to see them awesome job everyone. All look great:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!