Do You Log Gains

Options

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    No. Which is exactly why my weight ticker has been at a stand still for the last few months. I have been going back and forth between the same 4 pounds and it is driving me bananas. :sad:

ME TOO, but it's been 3 weeks! GRRRRRR.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    There are some seriously dedicated people on here, and I'd love to be able to say that I'm working just as hard and losing weight...but if I lie about my weight or cheat on my food journal, it doesn't help ME, and that's really why I'm here. I log all gains and losses (even that one measly little pound that I managed to lose this week), but I log losses instantly, lol. With gains, I tend to wait because I'm never sure if it's water weight or for real.

It takes 3,500 calories to make a pound...I'm pretty sure I haven't gone 3500 calories over recently. I've been sticking to my calorie limit and working out - and I'm not even logging most of my exercise because I think it's too small (like 20 minute walks at turtle speed and stuff like that) - so if I stepped on the scale and found out that I had gained, I'd have trouble believing that I had really gained weight. Might as well wait a couple of days and see if it comes off.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If it sticks for more than a couple days, yes. I don't have it sent to my news feed to post my losses though because I now cycle in the same 3 pound range so it seems silly to keep having it post that I lost a pound when I'm repeatedly losing the same pound.
  • Madholm
    Madholm Posts: 167
    Options
    I log mine daily so I can track how sodium affects me.
  • daggs95
    daggs95 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use to, but apon review over a 6 month period it was just confusing. (i weighed in weekly before) down a pound, up a pound, down 4 up 2..ect. In the end there was no actual weight change...but it was hard to know that because i was losing inches super slow.

So now I do not weigh myself, and I am just using measuring tape..as this only goes in one direction or stays the same. This is what I need to do for now as this has been a 10 year journey, and I know the scale just messed with my mind too much. I would over think too much and it didn't ever prove anything. Plus with my erratic and horrible periods, that would throw things off as well. I would try to just weigh on day 7 of my monthly (as this is your lowest weight uninfluenced by menstruation and water weight)
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day, but only log it about once a week. I lost very quickly at first, but it has slowed lately. I don't have gains to report at this point.
  • luckylissette
    luckylissette Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, to keep myself honest, but my "official" weigh in day is Fridays. I log whatever it says on Friday and keep the rest for personal use, unless I mysteriously lost 2 lbs midweek and want to tell the world, then I'll log that.
  • hausofnichele
    hausofnichele Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Yes I do. I stopped weighing every day and don't have a set schedule right now but if I'm stuck at a higher weight then I have to be honest with myself and log it.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yes, log them, otherwise you aren't being honest with yourself!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I have been logging my weight once a week and I log whatever it says on weigh day (I tend to weigh myself 8 bajillion times a day and do not log those fluctuations).
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant - no. There is too much fluctuation in the week to log a pound or two. I never gained more than that, so I never deemed it necessary.

Now that I am pregnant - yes. I like to see how much weight I'm gaining is baby or not.

I was housesitting at my parents' house a couple weeks ago and I took the week off from watching what I ate and exercising. Yikes. What a bad week that was. I gained weight. When I got back home and got back in my routine, the weight came back off. The only weight I've gained during my pregnancy so far is just that - pregnancy weight. And it's only been like 5 pounds.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I log everything....wins and losses ...helps keep me honest with myself.
  • trinityrecgirl
    Options
    Cross my fingers I haven't had any real gains yet, (an tenth or two bouncing up and down) but know I will someday, so don't know for sure, but probably not. I already don't post my actual weight loss until I go around 2 pounds below what I have posted, just in case I bounce up a little. I dont' want to see any words saying you gained a pound. That would lower my self-esteem, and that would be a pity.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    *kitten* no...unless the trend up continues....but it doesn't and it won't...
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I only record losses. I record my daily weigh-in in my food notes - that way I'm not losing the same pounds over and over.

Anal accountant that I am, I also keep track on a spreadsheet to see the ups and downs :smile:
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I do, but not here. I use an app called Target Weight. No one on here needs to see the numbers change daily. I do log every time I weigh myself (sometimes every day, sometimes every 3rd, always in the morning when I just get up, after I pee) just so that I can see the correlation between diet and weight. I don't stress about it, but it's informative.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My weight's been fairly yoyo - due to lapses. I log gains if they stay on for more than a week, don't bother otherwise because there's often quite a lot of fluctuation.
  • gazelleintraining
    Options
    I don't. It makes people's newsfeed loss postings misleading when they are gaining and losing the same pound over and over.

Good point; never thought of that.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No because if there is a "gain," then it's water weight. I just wait and weigh again later.
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Yes I do -- if we are expecting to be encouraged we must be honest and be accountable for what is happening...