Tips for running outside?

Options
13»

Replies

• runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I only ever run outside--regardless of weather. I keep my keys inside the pocket of my running shorts and/or tights. I wear a "roadID", a gps watch (sometimes), strap on my music and hit the ground running. Sometimes, if I'm going on a long run, I wear a mini-camelback and take snacks, liquids, my phone, stuff like that. Otherwise, I try to run with as little "accoutrements" as possible.

Oh yeah...wear a good pair of running shoes and good running socks! Have fun!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! I just got back from my first outdoor run, and I have to tell you...I'm officially a convert! I liked it SO MUCH BETTER than running on a treadmill. I felt like I got a much better workout, and the fresh air made it much easier to steady my breathing, so I never felt like I was going to die during the running intervals, even when I ran up hills. There were other people in the park I went to, but they didn't even notice I was there -- they were too busy doing their own thing! Turns out I was worried over nothing, I'm so glad I took the risk and went for it! I'm definitely doing it this way from now on! :)

I kinda thought that may happen...LOL! I'm so glad for you!