Chicago Vs New York The Pizza Debate

Options

Replies

• kzivic
    kzivic Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Born in raised in Chicago, grew up eating Giordano's and Lou Malnati's.

But...I prefer a thin and crispy crust. Deep dish is good once in a while, but it's just too much. Especially when they put the hockey puck of sausage on the pizza. Ugh.
  • been285
    been285 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    pizza cravings ,,,, cant have just one... sigh

Chicago stuffed
    Pan
    hand tossed
    NY thin
  • rae_rae330
    rae_rae330 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long Island and I've been to Chicago many times, frequented Giordano's and Gino's. I love Chicago.

But that's not pizza. It's like a pie with tomato filling and cheese for icing. I can eat about once slice before I feel like I'm going to puke.

This. If you can't eat it with your hands, it's not pizza!

Agreed! Pizza should be folded!!
  • ibazz
    ibazz Posts: 3
    Options
    hands down nothing compares to the food in NOLA!!!!!!
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Psh easy!! Chicago style ALL THE WAY!!! And specifically Lou Malnati's or Giordano's!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Psh easy!! Chicago style ALL THE WAY!!! And specifically Lou Malnati's or Giordano's!

I've never had Lou's...need to try that.
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Chicago just has the best food period.

And a nice piece of deep dish pizza...all cheesy and melty and delicious? Ohhhh yes please.
  • Vitriolic
    Options
    Crust is irrelevant to me -- thick or thin.

In the end, pizza is like sex; even if it's bad, it's still good.
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    New York style, thin pizza all the way!
  • afoz1990
    afoz1990 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

THIS!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    While in college, my friend and I were in Chicago waiting to change trains. We had a few hours so we decided we were going to track down some of that famous Chicago pizza. We walked all over the place for at least 2 hours, asking locals where to get pizza. We were sooooo disappointed. Everyone kept saying "Pizza Hut is right down the street" or "Domino's is around the corner." We kept saying "NO, NO, we want Chicago style pizza - the famous stuff." People looked at us like we were stupid. We never got our pizza. I'm still mad. :mad:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    HeyGrandma116.jpg

\drops the mic

edited: pic swapped because I'm a dunce at resizing pics and the original was too large to fit
  • josachi
    josachi Posts: 79
    Options
    Until four months ago, I would have said hands down NY style...then visited Chicago for the first time and went to Giordano's. Now, it's a toss up. Still love NY style pizza, but deep dish style is amazingly yummy! However, since pizza is one of my weaknesses, haven't had a single slice in three months. Probably won't indulge again until I'm MUCH closer to goal.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    everyone knows the best pizza is found in Edmonton, Alberta

:huh:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    That pic has waaay too much sauce...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I live in Chicago, but I still prefer thin crust.
    Chicago style maybe once every year or two. I can take it or leave it.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    THIN CRUST RULES!

Ever had Rubirosa's vodka sauce thin crust in NYC? Cracker thin crust and sweet sauce...my mouth is watering...

But don't forget Pizzeria Regina in Boston's North End! LOL Wood brick oven deliciousness... old school pizza and bi*&^y waitresses - so very New England! LOL
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I'm from Long Island and I've been to Chicago many times, frequented Giordano's and Gino's. I love Chicago.

But that's not pizza. It's like a pie with tomato filling and cheese for icing. I can eat about once slice before I feel like I'm going to puke.

that pretty much sums it up...chicago style is far below new york.

and for the record neapolitan is the king of pizza.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

THIS!

Yikes! You guys need to broaden your horizon! I guarantee Chicago doesn't have the best bbq's or fried chicken!
    Or seafood. Or Cuban. California cuisine is probably much better in.. Well, Cali. I think new england has cornered the market on clam chowder. Maryland crab cakes? I think md has that covered. Boardwalk food? That prize consistently goes to some podunk park called knoebles. (the K isn't silent) out in PA. Hershey PA and ghiredelli in SF has chocolate. Mmmmm. Food.

I was so sad when I didn't get to go to biscuit world!

ETA, NOLA has great food, especially cajun, cajun influenced, and shrimp po'boys... But like Chicago, not the best of everything!
  • luvJOJO
    luvJOJO Posts: 1,881 Member
    Options
    NYC PIZZA!!!

Capizzi in Hell's Kitchen = yummmmm!