Chicago Vs New York The Pizza Debate

Options

Replies

• crazy8ts
    crazy8ts Posts: 360
    Options
    From my photo you can guess where I'm from. Chicago Pizza, in all forms, is delicious. But I'm more of a thin crust guy. And even 'thin crust' can be broken down into several different categories. I think NY style is its own category. And you dont have to go to NY to get it, just go to Sbarro.

Oh, and GO BEARS!

SACRILEGIOUS! If you want *real* New York Style (which really makes no sense to me... it's just Pizza...but I'm from NY) then you must have it here... I've been a lot of places... that call themselves making 'NY Style Pizza'... painful at best... and yeah, I know some people say it's like sex... even if it's bad, it's good... NO! NO! *raps you in the nose with a paper* Cut It Out! Bad pizza is JUST PLAIN BAD. Nothing redeeming about it... And if you think NY Style pizza has a super thin crust... then you're not having real NY pizza... trust.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Thin.

Coalfire Pizza in Chicago.

Done is several minutes.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Father & Sons Pizza is my favorite! Best thin crust pizza in the city!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Anything from PA, NY, NJ or DE is far superior to anything anywhere else & I wish they delivered to Reno. The "pizza" out here on the west coast is foul beyond reason :sick:
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    two completely different foods. not comparable. i love them both equally. :)
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Anything from PA, NY, NJ or DE is far superior to anything anywhere else & I wish they delivered to Reno. The "pizza" out here on the west coast is foul beyond reason :sick:

^^ This all day long.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Chicago. Anyone who thinks otherwise has never eaten pizza in New York and eaten pizza in Chicago. They are just voting for the style they prefer. IMHO.
    Home Run Inn, a chain with many locations.
    Vito and Nick's, on the Southside.
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Is there really any bad pizza?
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Is there really any bad pizza?

YES! Any & ALL pizza on the west coast is vomit-inducing! I mean who the hell puts artichoke hearts on a friggin' pizza?!?!?!
  • kategally29
    Options
    Chicago. Love the deep dish.

I'm the same way.

Giordano's
    Best pizza in the city.

^this.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many Chicago pizza fans like Giordano's. It's all about the Lou Malnati's...get the butter crust with sausage and green peppers, yum!

I think you know what my answer is ;)

I love Lou Malanati's! They are my fav.....waaaaaayyyyy better than any other place I have ever been to. Oh, and they deliver to my house :/
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    The answer is that the best pizza comes from the Northeastern pizza belt. a pizza range that includes New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and to a lesser extent Massachusetts. Chicago "pizza" isn't bad, but it shouldn't be called pizza any more than the flat bread stuff without red sauce.
  • mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    This just in from "the center of the universe" Toronto, On, Canada

Best pizza - Vesuvio's Pizzeria & Spaghetti House
    " It’s generally accepted that New York Style pizza in Toronto was born when the Pugliese family opened the doors of Vesuvio in 1957, making this restaurant the oldest pizza place in Canada’s biggest city."
    - It has won many awards over the years.

Thin crust, well baked (crunchy not doughy) and not too much sauce. Its the only pizza I will break my diet rules for.
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    I also want to add that any "pizza" made with a dough that rises for less than 24 hours is not really pizza.
  • Spazsquatch
    Options
    Detroit Style (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza). Luckily I don't live in the city anymore.
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    NY pizza. Agree the Chicago stuff (though tasty) just isn't pizza. My favorite spot is called Keste' on Bleecker street. Truffle spread on a brick oven pizza with the perfect crust?! I die! Although, that's actually Neapolitan pizza which, IMO trumps both!
  • Jeremyjly
    Options
    While many outside of Chicago think all we eat is deep-dish, WRONG. While we do enjoy a good deep-dish once in a while. Majority of us in Chicago/Burbs eat THIN CRUST, cut "chicago style" or into squares. Chicagoans, we love our thin crunchy crust!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Chi-town for the win!!!!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Detroit Style (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza). Luckily I don't live in the city anymore.
    Yes, Buddies Pizza is the best. And Jets is a close second.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    this is not even a debate