Tattoo advice needed! :)

Options

Replies

• tyedyechick0930
    tyedyechick0930 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't a butterfly, but I think the colors like this are awesome; thought you might think this is interesting :)
    As for the whole wrist thing, A LOT of people get tattoos on their wrist, so I don't think people will think that.

187251296976940359_kc59Kw5l_c.jpg
    [/quote]

^^^This is beautiful!!!
    [/quote]

Thank you that is really pretty! But way too big for me. :tongue: I'm not really sure how to post pictures on here or I'd show y'all the pic that inspired me that I like so much.
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    I have a tattoo on the inside of my wrist. I got it about 5 years ago. It's bright pinks and blue, star theme. I will never get another colored tattoo. Everyone says that it looks really nice and the color still looks great, but I feel like it's fading already. I don't know, it's just a personal preference of mine, but I'm sticking to my black and grey tats.

But about the cutter reference...a majority of people have never heard about that, so go with the butterfly if that's what you want.

Post a pic when you're done :)

I have a color one on my foot. I love it! But, it's only 3 years old and could use a touch up of color. I might check and see how much it would cost to add color and shading to it. But, I love my color tattoos just the same!
    I'm like a lot of y'all my husband has a bunch of tattoos too...but I will admit..I think they're pretty sexy. :smooched:
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    Here is one of the designs I like

thca8wacii.jpg

But with this coloring or shading or a variation of it. I love the pink, blue, and green!:

imagescaskvf80.jpg

Well, we'll see if that works...I've never posted pics on here..please don't laugh at me. :huh:
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    thCA8WACII.jpg

th.jpg

If this doesn't work...then oh well screw it! Lol. :grumble:
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    Design I like:
    thCA8WACII.jpg

Coloring I like:

imagesCASKVF80.jpg

I am apparently too stubborn to quit trying to figure this out...I am my mother's child. Sorry y'all for allt he screw ups.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Tenacious is what you are! Thanks or keeping going!
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware of this and I know several people with butterflies on the inside of their wrists that I can say for certain weren't/aren't cutters.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on the inside of my wrist. I got it about 5 years ago. It's bright pinks and blue, star theme. I will never get another colored tattoo. Everyone says that it looks really nice and the color still looks great, but I feel like it's fading already. I don't know, it's just a personal preference of mine, but I'm sticking to my black and grey tats.

But about the cutter reference...a majority of people have never heard about that, so go with the butterfly if that's what you want.

Post a pic when you're done :)

It's just the wrist! Coloring works best in areas that aren't stretched a lot.
  • daniellek30
    daniellek30 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Never heard that before. However, since i'm literally around tattoos everyday (my fiance is a 14 year tattoo artist), I will tell you that getting something like that with so many colors on your wrist can either go good or bad. Your wrist is a very strange area, and the colors sometimes don't stick because of the way it bends. also, if you shove your hands in your pockets or something a lot, make sure you keep it covered. :)
    I so totally read "my fiance is a 14 year OLD tattoo artist"... Glad I read that wrong... Geez... Going to get my eyes checked...:embarassed:

Hah! No .. definitely not 14 lol
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have colored tattoos on both my wrists and the color is bright and graet three years later, but it was splotchy when it healed and I've been meaning to get touch ups because of it. I also have bright colors on my calf that are four years old and still glorious. It helps that I'm super pale and my skin is very absorbant. The ink went right in and stayed there for the most part haha

As far as the symbolism...I've never heard of it and I'm a former cutter. For my recovery tattoo I did a design I liked (based roughly on the straight edge symbol) and did it over my heart. No one automatically assumes that's what it is. Those are the best, when it means something to you.

There's so many symbols for so many different things that I doubt you could get any tattoo without it meaning something to someone. The important thing is it's part of you.
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    Well I did it! I got my tie dye looking butterfly on the inside of my wrist! I think it's super cute!

2012-10-26_23-47-37_515.jpg

Thanks for all the helpful advice!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    Well I had no idea that a butterfly on the wrist means cutter................thanks.................sucks for all the people who aren't cutters now............because now i will stereotype them all because of this thread.

Let me take a wild guess into this cutter/butterfly thing.....................so a cutter want's to cover there cut's................so I'll do it with a colorful tattoo!!!................oh........and...............a butterfly represents a metamorphosis.............(like almost any other thing)......if you gave it thought...............so yeah..............I'm getting a colorful butterfly to cover my cuts!

Thanks! I'm in the lope now!

That looks airbrushed..............
  • Louisianababy93
    Louisianababy93 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i hope you figure out what you want/

i want this! i just cant decide on if i want it on my upper inner right thigh or on my hipline...
    2uq0mis.jpg
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    Louisannababy...........................you should get that on your neck............be bold.............be brave.
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    Well I had no idea that a butterfly on the wrist means cutter................thanks.................sucks for all the people who aren't cutters now............because now i will stereotype them all because of this thread.

Let me take a wild guess into this cutter/butterfly thing.....................so a cutter want's to cover there cut's................so I'll do it with a colorful tattoo!!!................oh........and...............a butterfly represents a metamorphosis.............(like almost any other thing)......if you gave it thought...............so yeah..............I'm getting a colorful butterfly to cover my cuts!

Thanks! I'm in the lope now!

That looks airbrushed..............

What looks airbrushed? My hige pic of my tattoo? Sorry I couldn't adjust the size but I assure you it's real! Stung quite a bit. I got it Empire Ink. My husband picked out the shape/outline. :)
  • tyedyechick0930
    Options
    Louisiana, that's really pretty! :)
  • JosephVitte
    Options
    you should of got a little line under it saying....."and no, I'm not a cutter"...............unless you are?..................so the options can change back to positive about butterflies on the inside of wrists'
  • Louisianababy93
    Options
    nahh! im good! ill be unbrave..lol
  • Louisianababy93
    Options
    Louisiana, that's really pretty! :)

thank you!