Running/Ear buds

Options
I sweat like crazy when I run and my ear buds wont stay in. I also have small ears so it's hard to keep them in anyway. Do any of you have a favorite brand that stays put? Is there a good brand fits over the top of your ear to stay in place? Do they sell any of them by the SIZE of your inner ear? I've even tried wrapping the wire over the top of my ear but that doesn't work either.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue and I finally switched to a behind the head wireless headset. (Motorola S10-HD) These stay in place really well no matter how sweaty I get. The headset comes with 3 different sizes for ear inserts so you can pick the one that works best for you.

As an added bonus it has player controls on the side so I can skip or repeat a track without messing with my phone. Great running headset. I really like it. Did I mention it's wireless? I love not having wires to worry about.
  • Lora_
    Lora_ Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I use a bluetooth set that goes around your neck, its the LG Tone - HBS-700 Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headset, and works great for me. It also comes with a smaller size I believe
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Bose makes some awesome ones and they come with 3 different sizes that you can pick from. They are "ear shaped" and I find they stay in quite well (though I walk at 4.2 mph and don't run). All the generic ones fall out when I walk.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you both for your input!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Keep an eye on this page to see if they get more in. They were just $25 plus shipping. Refurbished but cheap and they're awesome. One of the guys I work with has several of them.

http://tech.woot.com/offers/motorola-bluetooth-headphones-7
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    http://iloveshoe.storeblogs.com/tag/beats-by-dre-sale/
    I wear something like the one below the beats headphones. They wrap around your ear. Obviously I got a cheaper version though
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I just got a pair at target that were made for women. They are the first pair that actually fit & stay in my ear. I cannot remember the name of them at the moment. I can post when I get home, if you'd like.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Earbuds always tend to fall out for me too. I now use waterproof headphones that have hooks for your ears. kinda like http://s.sears.com/is/image/Sears/05792061000
  • gtlightning98
    gtlightning98 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a little picky with headphones but the following are affordable. I have had Shure Ec2, Klipsch Image S4, and now have Logitech Ultimate Ear 600 buds. I like the buds that fit in the ear cannal. The only negative is they block out all sounds so you need to be careful around traffic. A company called Comply Foam makes really great aftermarket tips that are very comfortable and soft.
  • chunkiedunker
    chunkiedunker Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i use jvc ha-fx35's

i bought them at big lots for 5 or 10 dollars. they have a wire but the ear buds are like a big foam end instead of the flexible rubber piece like others have. imagine having the foam ear plugs in but with sound and a wire coming from them. they stay in place. i wear them all day at work listening to music, then wear them while running. they are comfortable for all day use. i have several pairs. if they made these in wireless i would be in heaven.
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Yurbuds work great for me. never had a problem with mine.
  • gollyitsmolly
    Options
    I splurged on a pair of Yurbuds last year. They come with several sets of different ear covers and NEVER fall out. I would recommend checking them out!:happy:
  • PollyWolly98
    Options
    I had the exact same problem until I got a pair of Yurbuds. They are great! They don't hurt my ears, they don't fall out and they don't 100% block out surrounding noise for safety while running.
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I must have a large ear opening because ear buds would always fall out and I'd find myself having a tantrum intstead of a run..until...I switched to earbuds that have an ear loop attached. Phillips makes my favorite brand because the ear clip part is adjustable. Never have had issues since. I have bought them at Target and TJ Maxx for between $8 and $19.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    My best ones for staying in are made by SkullCandy and they came with 3 different sizes of rubber tip. They still tend to fall out if I'm really sweaty (who knew you would sweat in your ear). I have the over the ear kind but they never stay put either so I've ordered a set off Ebay that go over your head that I'm hoping will work at least for the winter.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I can't even get "normal earbuds" to sit in my ears right. A few years ago I switched to the silicon tipped--most come with varying sizes. My favorites so far are these--and super cheap+noise cancelling. They aren't amazing, but for $6, they're pretty darn awesome. Comfy too.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NWS3SG/ref=wms_ohs_product
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I use buds I got at walmart that cost me like 8 dollars. The hook around my ear with a little plastic piece and they never move.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I use these:

41SDpFTcRkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004477D0K/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i01

The iPhone-type buds never stay in for me.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Bose makes some awesome ones and they come with 3 different sizes that you can pick from. They are "ear shaped" and I find they stay in quite well (though I walk at 4.2 mph and don't run). All the generic ones fall out when I walk.

I second the Bose headphones! They are totally worth the money!