JUNE STARTERS ~ JAN 24 WEIGH-IN

Options
Thought I would go ahead and start the new weigh-in post for this week.... I don't weigh in until Wednesday, but I am sooooo excited to see what this week holds for our weigh-ins... Last week we had several successful weigh-ins... We had some who gained and some who stayed the same... I'm looking forward to seeing how we did this week!
Go JUNE S TARTERS!!! :drinker:

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you had a good weekend. It's a rainy, gloomy day here...hope it's better wherever you are! Tuesday is my last big test for a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to that. Then I can start exercising again and get back to my old self! :glasses:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Hope you had a good weekend. It's a rainy, gloomy day here...hope it's better wherever you are! Tuesday is my last big test for a few weeks, so I'm looking forward to that. Then I can start exercising again and get back to my old self! :glasses:

Good luck on your big test!!! I'm sure you'll do GREAT!! :drinker:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Bumping...
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Good morning ladies! It's a raining, dreary Monday here in DC, but it's about 60 degrees so I'll take it.

Courtney good luck on your test this week!!!

I did some research this weekend and I thought I'd see what you ladies thought about what I found. As you know I'm training for a half marathon, well since I started running losing weight has been really difficult. I'll be down like to 187 or below during the week and then I have one day where I eat a little more than normal because I'm ravenous and I'm back up to 190 for practically the whole weekend. Granted this could all be water weight and I'm freaking out over nothing, but let's say it's not that. I started reading this weekend about how it's more difficult than you might think to lose weight while training for a marathon or half marathon. Partially because you're body fat is actually going down but you are developing more muscle. Also, because you are burning so many calories running you are a lot hungrier during the day (check). I'm having a really hard time staying under my calories even when I eat my exercise calories and everyone I've talked to says that it's very hard to train and have a calorie deficit at the same time. Ugh, it terrifies me to stop trying to get to my goal but at the same time I really enjoy running and training and I really want to be able to run the whole 13.1 miles and I don't want to be miserable while I'm doing it. Today I bumped my calories up to 1700, which has me at a projected 0.7 lb lose per week. I'm going to see how that goes this week and go from there. I just wanted to see what you ladies thought. Am I just eating too much and consquently not losing weight or do you think it's something more?

I guess the big thing I'm wondering is should I redirect my focus on running and training and not so much on the scale? It really scares me to do that! :ohwell:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Shannah ~ I think the marathon will benefit you in more ways than one.... I say focus on your marathon training!! You may not see a big change in your scale or your body from day to day, but I think in the big picture, you will see a BIG change... Stick with it!!! You can do it!!! Fuel your body... by wise about the types of food you put into your body. You'll do great! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Feeling REALLY bloated this morning... I KNOW not to step on the scale when I feel like this, but I did and it said I was up 4 lbs.... Our bodies are soooo incredibly CRAZY!!! I have bounced between 208 and 209 all week. Then this morning, feeling yucky and bloated, It said I weighed 213...
    We ate out Saturday (I didn't go crazy).... I think that week after week of making such good decisons on food has adjusted by body to GOOD stuff... .and when I eat something out of the ordinary, my body lets me know it!!
    Anyway, hoping that drinking lots of water today will flush out this bloated feeling and straighten me out....
    Happy Monday, everyone!!
  • schlieffen
    Options
    Kandy, I know what you mean about feeling bloated! I was off visiting my boyfriend for the weekend, so it was 3 days of not eating my normal food and not getting anywhere near 8 glasses of water a day! So I'm going to wait a couple days to flush out some water weight before weighing in for this week.

I've just got this week which will be pretty high-stress then it will calm down hopefully. I'm teaching this afternoon, tonight and again tomorrow night. Then I've got a presentation to do on Friday morning that I haven't started working on yet. I've got to fit in some lab work in there somewhere too.

But, I've agreed with myself that next monday (conveniently the start of a new month) that I will get back on track in terms of getting my butt to the gym.
  • amandadaisylotus
    Options
    Ugh.

SW: 303
    LW: 265.9
    TW: 266.5
    Change: +0.6

-__- No one to blame but myself. -cue broken record- I do great during the week but Saturday and Sunday kick my *kitten*. Dungeons and Dragons group doesn't do healthy food for our dinner meetings on Saturday and Sundays are my date days so I end up eating out a lot and while I try to be good about it, eating out still kills calorie wise.

Luckily I talked my DnD group into cooking dinners instead of eating pizza and tacos every saturday. Everyone brings an ingredient and I get to cook. That will help. That, and I seriously need to figure something out about lunches with the kid I watch. All he likes are the kids foods: PB+J, Chicken nuggets, fries, tater tots, etc. And I make it a point to eat what he eats. I may have to stray from that and fix separate lunches. My one low cal option on there was turkey tacos and he has fussed about it the last two times we had them. (And even then i had to bring my own reduced fat sour cream and no fat cheese, etc. It's actually pretty hard to eat low cal in this house despite that they are all twigs and doctor parents. They're all too active to worry about it)
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Sorry about the spotlight last week. My comp crashed at work and I have no internet at home right now so I couldn't go in and fix it. everything is fixed now though. :bigsmile:

I do have a little whining to do though- So I do our own taxes online and I get X amount back and this year after I did them I thought hmm, I wonder how much I'd get back if I use the more expensive version of this website. Sure enough I'd get $300 more back. :noway: Thats quite a bit more back! Grrr We could really use that since we need a new car and to refi the house and we need a new roof... At least I know better for next year. :huh:

I had a half day today and went to the gym and burned 537 cals per my HRM! I'm SOOO excited about dinner! lol :bigsmile:

And LASTLY! I think I need to quit my job and be a SAHM. My poor baby cried so bad when we dropped her off at her grandma/grandpa's today. She had her arms spread out and big tears rolling down her cheeks and she was saying "Pweese!" It KILLED me! I might have cried a little! I wish we could afford for me to be SAHM. :sad:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    I'm down 2 lbs ... still the yo yo thing. I'll do the down thing for this week ... yay ... I'll still keep plugging along. I've been quite sick since mid December and it has truly wiped me out. I finally gave in this week and visited a clinic ... turns out I've developed a sinus infection so its anti-biotics and nasonex for the next while. I'm praying I'll get back on track once the health issue is up to par.

SW - 208.5
    LW - 182
    CW - 180
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Mags ~ Congrats on the 2 lb loss... Sometimes when we get off track due to sickness or anything else, it is hard to get back into the groove... and then once we do, it still takes our bodies a little time to figure out what we're doing :smile: I Have totally confidence that you will be back on track!!

Busymom ~ I really do hope everything works out for you with all the projects that you guys have to do... Being a SAHM is fantastic!!! I did it for 4 years!!! And now, I only teach twice a week and I teach at the school where my daughter goes (preschool), so it's like I'm still with her even though she isn't in my class. I know how you feel!!!! It is hard to leave our little ones when they are crying... I'm sure she was ok, though, after about five minutes... Seems to be how it works :happy:

Amanda~ Great job on convincing your friends to have a prepared meal instead of ordering out all of the time!!! Baby steps!!! You'll get everyone around you on track before you know it! :laugh:

Schlieffen ~ I hope your week destresses soon!! Hang in there!!! I'm sure you miss the gym... I miss it terribly when I can't go!
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    Shanna- I would go for the training over the diet. Just think how much you will be improving your fitness (aka making it easier for your lungs to breathe and your heart to circulate more efficiently. In the long run, the training will be better for you, and if you gain/don't lose while training, you can get back at it afterwards. I bet you will shrink in inches even if your scale doesn't show it.

Busymom- That's sad about your little girl! Hopefully she gets more used to it so it won't be so hard for you (and her).

Amanda- darn those weekends! I picked up a Little Caesar's pizza and have been eating on it for a few days...plus I had sweet treats over the weekend too--I fixed mini brownies! I think I get bored and just want to eat. :tongue:

Schliffen-sounds like my last week. So stressful and I only worked out once in the past week. I need to feel the burn! After tomorrow I can relax too yippee!

Congrats to everyone so far and I will talk to y'all later!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Guess what I'm doing...... Yes, I'm shopping for lingerie!! AGAIN!! :laugh: I can't help it!! I LOVE it!! :heart: I LOVE it even more that I am able to buy smaller sizes!! So exciting!!
    Funny story... I can't believe I'm going to share this, but here it goes... you guys need a good laugh, ITS MONDAY!!!

Ok, I bought some really pretty, black lacy panties... CUTE!!! Anyway, I got this HUGE wedgie and I forgot that I had these pretty, delicate panties on and when I went to hank this wedge out, my thumb went right through the lace!! I was like, "UH uh"!! BUT, OH, yes... I poked a hole right through!! I was so sad :ohwell: I was looking at my bum with the big hole in my pretty lacy panties in the mirror and said, "I guess I'm just not meant to wear lacy panties"... My husband died laughing... he said my face was so sad and serious when I said it!...
    Anyway, my funny story of the week :wink: Have a great day :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh:
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Happy Monday :flowerforyou: So the baby is finally kicking strong enough for my husband and kids to feel it. All three had this look of awe on their faces. Priceless!

Kandyjo, that's funny about your panties! I always put my nails through my pantyhose and it makes me so mad :tongue:
  • courtney_love2001
    Options
    bahha kandy and your panties. I have a really cute pair that have lacy inserts on the front. Where my bum had been getting so big, they were stretched and now if I put them on you can see just a big gaping hole where the lace has spread all out. Don't give up on your dream, just get new panties!! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I am weighing in a day early. I am just not sure if I will have a chance to get here tomorrow and I don't want to do a day late (then next weeks is too close).

LW 151
    TW 150
    Goal 135

I wonder if I weigh tomorrow if I can break into the 140's? I am hoping by next Wednesday that I am in them for sure. Thats all the motivation I need to get my butt moving!!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    bahha kandy and your panties. I have a really cute pair that have lacy inserts on the front. Where my bum had been getting so big, they were stretched and now if I put them on you can see just a big gaping hole where the lace has spread all out. Don't give up on your dream, just get new panties!! :laugh: :bigsmile:

LOL Yeah! I LOVE pretty panties, so I will defintely still get them.... I will just have to be careful when I'm pulling them outta my butt crack:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Hey guys! Happy Monday :flowerforyou: So the baby is finally kicking strong enough for my husband and kids to feel it. All three had this look of awe on their faces. Priceless!

Kandyjo, that's funny about your panties! I always put my nails through my pantyhose and it makes me so mad :tongue:

Ah.... I remember that feeling!!!! I LOVED when you could sit and WATCH your baby move!! I'm very happy for you guys... I know this is an exciting time for all of you!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I am weighing in a day early. I am just not sure if I will have a chance to get here tomorrow and I don't want to do a day late (then next weeks is too close).

LW 151
    TW 150
    Goal 135

I wonder if I weigh tomorrow if I can break into the 140's? I am hoping by next Wednesday that I am in them for sure. Thats all the motivation I need to get my butt moving!!

YAY!!!! 140's here you come!! :drinker:
  • shannahrenee
    Options
    Guess what I'm doing...... Yes, I'm shopping for lingerie!! AGAIN!! :laugh: I can't help it!! I LOVE it!! :heart: I LOVE it even more that I am able to buy smaller sizes!! So exciting!!
    Funny story... I can't believe I'm going to share this, but here it goes... you guys need a good laugh, ITS MONDAY!!!

Ok, I bought some really pretty, black lacy panties... CUTE!!! Anyway, I got this HUGE wedgie and I forgot that I had these pretty, delicate panties on and when I went to hank this wedge out, my thumb went right through the lace!! I was like, "UH uh"!! BUT, OH, yes... I poked a hole right through!! I was so sad :ohwell: I was looking at my bum with the big hole in my pretty lacy panties in the mirror and said, "I guess I'm just not meant to wear lacy panties"... My husband died laughing... he said my face was so sad and serious when I said it!...
    Anyway, my funny story of the week :wink: Have a great day :flowerforyou: :laugh: :laugh:

lol great stroy kandy! I've actually done that before, it's a very sad moment! I'm sure you husband got a kick out of it. I also know how you feel about the lingerie, I can finally fit into a large at VS and for awhile I couldn't control myself, but luckily my bf didn't mind that I was spending the money :blushing:

Also, thanks everyone for the advice about training. It's really hard for me to switch gears and not concentrate on weight loss so much and no one (other than you guys) seems to understand. I had a very bad day yesterday because I was so stressed about everything but today I set my calories at 1700 and I will also eat my exercise calories on days that I run. That still has me at a loss of 0.7 lbs a week. I just couldn't go to maintanence just yet, too much too soon. It gives me great anxiety to eat this much so we'll see. I'm still going to be active with the wonderful June Starters and check in every Thursday with my weight to stay accountable! However, I may not lose much :ohwell: