Runners! What's on your 2013 calendar?

Options
124»

Replies

• MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    For 2013 I have signed up for a Super Spartan in January and the LA Marathon in March.

I may run a half marathon in January but it's not decided. I hope to add a lot more races to the schedule though, including another full marathon in the fall (probably Long Beach since I missed this year)
  • drgndancer
    drgndancer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    You people with the full schedules for next year are amazing. I'm doing a Spring half, and probably a fall full. Plus the various 5Ks and 10Ks that I do annually, but I couldn't exactly tell you when those are :-)

Seeing that there's a Rock and Roll Series marathon in NOLA in Feb is awful tempting, but I doubt I could be ready for it.

ETA: Oooh, they have a half at that event... Wonder who I could con into letting me stay with them.
  • AngelofMusic13
    AngelofMusic13 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    My only paid and sure so far is the Tinkerbell Half Marathon.

I'm planning to do the Wine and Dine Half and Run for Your Lives. I'll definitely put others in there like triathlons and hopefully a marathon, but we'll see when it comes :) I'm hoping to do Goofy's Race and a Half in 2014, so I'm excited to see that it's bee listed!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I have....

Richmond Marathon - Nov 10, Richmond, VA
    Nutzy Funn Run - Dec 1, Richmond, VA (5k Road)
    Tough Mudder - Jun 1, VA Beach, VA (10-12 Mile Obstacle)

Still Need to Register for (2013):
    Muddy Buddy - Apr 22, Chesterfield, VA (Run portion only)
    Super Spartan - Aug 24, VA (8+ Mile Obstacle)
    Hero Rush - Sep 21, VA (5k+ Obstacle)
    Army 10 Miler - Oct 2013, Arlington, VA (10 Mile Road)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    There is two races in my calendar next year. Will be first official sport events I had ever participated. Both are 10 km races. One is in May, hopefully I will be able to finish it under 45 minutes. And other is in August, planning to get better time than May's one.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    January - Hot chocolate 15k
    March - possibly a women's 5k that might become my annual tradition.
    April - Trail Half Marathon

Yep, that's it so far.
    I raced A LOT this year and I'm trying to keep my race schedule a bit lighter this year so I don't get burned out.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    My 2013 New Year's Resolution is to qualify for Half Fanatics!! I am already registered for the Carlsbad Half Marathon in January, Lady's Speed Stick Women's Half Marathon - San Diego in February, and the San Diego Half Marathon in March!! So, following the SD Half in March, I will be a Half Fanatic!!

In February, I also plan to do the Mermaid Run San Diego, and in March I will also be doing another local half marathon and the Hot Chocolate 5K in San Diego. I am planning to do at least one running event per month in 2013. I did it (plus a few extras) in 2011, but have been sidelined with some tendonitis and sciatica this year. I just ran the Awesome 80s Run 5K on Saturday and am looking forward to getting my training going again!! Happy running everyone!!
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I need to write down my races so that I dont miss them !
    Dec 24 2012: Frosty 5k, Blacksburg
    Jan 19, 2013: Sandman Xtreme Half marathon
    Feb 16, 2013: Blacksburg Classic 10 miler
    March 17, 2013: Publix Georgia Marathon
    Nov. 16, 2013: Richmond Marathon
    Ouch! Too many races!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I love to run and I also love to make my runs easy and fun. In 2013 I will run the 5km resolution run on Jan. 1 in Langley ( pancake breakfast afterwards) and the Vancouver Sun run in April. I will also be having shoulder surgery in 2013, hopefully after my runs. Then my goal after surgery will be to run again!
  • martinoz2
    martinoz2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Birmingham Great Run - second time this year!!