How often do you work out?

Options
I've been doing two a days lately........which the body is paying me back for. :grumble: I can't help it.......I wanna run (Couch25k program) and then my sister and BF and I do Insanity in the evening. :sick:

I feel like now that I'm 30 my body is bouncing back as quickly as it used to and it's driving me insane. :angry:

How often and how long are you working out lately??

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i workout everday for 1. and a half hours and then rest for the remainder of the day to have a chance to eat my excercise calories back well most of them :flowerforyou:
  • kksam
    kksam Posts: 38
    Options
    I work out for 60 minutes 4-5 times a week. Sometimes I even do an additional 15-30 minutes. I work on two different machines. It's been very helpful with my total progress. I almost went today, but didn't. New week starts tomorrow. Good luck
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    1 hour per day. :happy:
  • jdorn929
    Options
    I work out 5 to 6 days a week for a minimum of 30 minutes but up to 90 minutes. It all depends on my schedule. If I'm limited to 30 minutes, I get on the elliptical for that time. I am addicted to the elliptical as it works my whole body and burns more calories than walking or running! I prefer morning workouts because it gives me more energy for the rest of the day!
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    3 x per week for an hour. I just don't have more time than that. I work and have 2 kids, so it's hard to carve out "me" time. It seems to be working for me though.
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Wow! You guys make me look like a COMPLETE slacker!! :love:

I do P90X, P90X+ and the One-on-One's, approx. 4 times a week.... I am in college though so that takes a big chunk of time...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    6 days a week for at least an hour, usually torching 600 calories each time. I am running a 5k on Saturday, and plan to start an official C25K afterwards.
  • MaryKBallard
    Options
    I work out 20-40 minutes a day. Any more than that and I just don't feel good. I guess I'm a whimp:blushing:
  • mhesterruns
    Options
    My trainer told me to work out cardio everyday. Strength training was every other day ( I had one routine that I would run through) so that my muscles would "repair" and rest.

I am now doin gthe couch25K program. Today was Week one work out 1. The program itself tells you to take a day between workouts to rest. It most likely depends on how active you were before you began working out.

If you aren't going down in numbers, you may not being taking in enough calories for the workout to do any good.
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    I try to run 4x a week, and then I do the elliptical 2x a week; each workout is approx. 45 min. I'm not really doing much strength training right now, but I know it's important. If I could motivate myself, I would do more strength but I just don't like doing it!
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    I workout anywhere from 5 to 7 days a week, though usually 6, for a minimum of 40 minutes and I shoot for an hour or more. I usually do a combo of exercise dvds (Turbo Jam a lot lately, and other random ones) and my stationary bike. And I usually do strength training about 2x a week, but I try for 3x.

When spring comes I plan to take another stab at jogging.
  • Sunshyne
    Options
    I exercise 1 hour to an hour and a half, including two days of weight training and the rest tennis. My advice is to find something you LOVE and it will be fun to work out and you'll look forward to your exercise. I only played tennis in P.E. at school when I was young and started tennis lessons when I was 44, I'll be 48 in February. I absolutely LOVE IT! It's never too late to learn something new!
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    I'm also doing the Insanity and I wanna do the C25K program but I'm still very sore from Insanity so that's all I'm doing at the moment. Before that I was doing 60mins a day, 6 days a week.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I work out 20-40 minutes a day. Any more than that and I just don't feel good. I guess I'm a whimp:blushing:

If you are a whimp then so am I. I do exactly what you do but I give myself one "I just don't feel like it" day per week.
  • paola1goal
    paola1goal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I burn 800 calories 6 days a week
  • ddss37
    ddss37 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am doing Cathe DVDs mixed with yoga, stretches, and abs. 6 Days a week for 60-90 minutes (3 days step, 2 days weights, 1 day jog or martial arts, 2 days circuit) is my formula. I try to eat all my calories given to me in MyFitnessPal and only every so often eat far into the exercise calories. If I do, I eat protein.

Blessings, Donna
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am training for my 1st 1/2 iron man so I am doing 2 a days most days. I have to swim, bike and run 3x each. So tomorrow is a 30 -40 min swim and 1 hr bike ride. I cant fit weights or yoga in but I would love to dream I could do them.
    I also dont follow the calorie burner and since I dont wear a heart monitor (which I should) I under estimate those calories. I think people would be surprised how little they burn sometimes on working out.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I've been doing two a days lately........which the body is paying me back for. :grumble: I can't help it.......I wanna run (Couch25k program) and then my sister and BF and I do Insanity in the evening. :sick:

I feel like now that I'm 30 my body is bouncing back as quickly as it used to and it's driving me insane. :angry:

How often and how long are you working out lately??

I train mon-saturday..weights mon-tues-thur-fri-sat in the am. Most days my workouts last 50m-1h 10m..My longest day usually takes about 1h 30m. On wed I do am HIIT sprints. And monday in the pm I do HIIT sprints.

If you have increased the amount of training you are doing it can wear you out for a while but your body can adapt to the extra workload after a few weeks roughly. Have you made any adjustments to your nutrition since you are training more??
  • melissadeline
    Options
    I've been doing just the Wii Fit for 1 hour a day 5 days a week, although this past week I missed two days:sad:

I am currently looking for a new workout, as I have started training for a 10km marathon... any suggestions???
  • polyesterchesters
    polyesterchesters Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I do the elliptical for 45 to 60 min. 6 times a week. I do yoga once a week.