Is feeling cold to do with my diet?

Options
13»

Replies

• jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest I was a Frozen Food Manager and would spend an hour or so in the sub-zero freezer with no coat, it's started to turn seasons now and I've noticed that I'm looking for sweat shirts and flannel shirts already. What will I do when it's 30 below with the wind blowing...? Guess I better get more sweats.
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Maybe, maybe not. I am always cold. I was always cold at my high weight of 250ish, and now that I'm down to <200 I am still always cold. I warm up when I exercise but otherwise am cold. I went walking with my BFF and he daughter last week. The temperature was around 60 F and I had on pants and a long sleeve shirt. The child grabbed my hand to hold as we walked and shrieked "Aunt J, Your hands are COLD!" I am on Thyroid meds, but all my blood work is normal now. No amount of insulation has ever kept me from being cold.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I doubt that it's from what you're eating, if that's what you mean.

If you're worried about it, see your Dr. It's possible that it's a thyroid problem but you wont know unless you have blood tests done.

I started out at 179 and at 140, I'm a lot colder than I used to be but I think its from not having all of that extra insulation. I also get super-chilled after heavy duty workouts. I think it's because my body sweats so much to cool me down. I can take a shower afterwards and of course I'm still warm so I use cooler water. That cools me down even more and then I just cant get warm for what seems like forever. However, a good hotflash warms me up in seconds now. :)

When I was fat I was hot nearly all the time, especially because I sat on my butt with a hot laptop on my lap all day!
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Contrary to the popular belief that having extra fat means you're warm - just because you got that extra layer... well, it just isn't true. I am always cold, regardless of what weight I am (or what season it is)... unless I'm moving.

If you're active, eat a healthy diet, and still cold, you might want to have your thyroid checked.

That's me. Always cold. I was cold when I weighed 120, 237 (highest) and my current in-between weight. Even on a hot summer day, the least bit of a breeze can make me cold. Heck, in the summer, just moving from the sun to the shade can give me goosebumps. And this has been true even at times when I have been very fit. My thyroid is on the low side of normal. Not low enough for meds.
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest thyroid or circulation problem too. I do think some people are just colder/warmer than others. My husband is always complaining about being hot even when I don't think it's hot at all.
  • CINDYRN33
    CINDYRN33 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Same thing I am always freezing when losing weight I always have wondered if it has anything to do with thermogenesis, I notice when I am losing weight my body temp is a little higher than it normally runs and in turn room air feels colder.... Just a thoought could be totally off base but I have always pondered it.