Do you guys eat your burned calories?

Options

Replies

• iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Not usually, but I plan to start because i'm trying to build muscle mass.
  • 3hearts4me
    3hearts4me Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I eat back half, only because I don't believe MFP's "estimate" on what I burn.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I usually do...............it feels like a reward in a way............and sometimes I just need to exercise to feel like I can eat more.
  • daryabella
    Options
    If I do a heavy workout/a lot of dance then I'll eat about 200-300 calories more than I usually eat but I rarely ever eat back all of my calories.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    i don't
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. It depends on if I want them or am hungry that day.
  • AlliecoreXX
    AlliecoreXX Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    nope.... i drink them!!!

2012-02-10_10-54-20_183.jpg
    You are awesomeness!
  • amccally
    Options
    I may once in a while however but if you do it on a daily/weekly basis youre defeating the purpose. think of it as youll actually be eating more than the calorie intake youre aiming for.
  • CyeRyn
    CyeRyn Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I must fill them all back with BACON!
    If I could afford it, I'd be with you on this! Yummy!

@OP I eat mine back. I lose 1lb/wk fairly consistently to say that eating my exercise calories back has been beneficial to me and definitely hasn't hindered my weight loss. BUT this is what works for me, might not work for others depending on other factors (be it health-wise/over estimation on exercise/ underestimation food portions).
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    I eat mine AND other peoples.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Yup. If I dont I get headaches and after a few days I get ravenous and binge. I've learned its just best to take my weight loss slow and steady and properly fuel my body.
  • MEAMELT
    Options
    No! I put them away in my little pocket and save them for a rainy day!! lol :)
  • lisha7997
    lisha7997 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I changed my calorie intake to a little under my TDEE so that it's already built into my calorie intake.
  • barb1241
    barb1241 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I eat back part of them. No specific set portion. If I exercise a lot I get hungry, and if I am hungry enough to eat fruit/veg/things that are good for me, chances are my body is trying to tell me something. I seem to *need* toi eat 1500-1800 cals a day, so really what I do is exercise off the calories plus a few instead of eating the exercises minus a couple....reverse perspective. I like to exercise right before I eat a meal or a snack, and it seems like that is working for me. I've been back on my own oddball plan for about 5 weeks and lost 16 pounds so far. Just me, may not work the same for anyone else.

Barb
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    On days of intense cardio / strength training = Yes
    On light workout days = No

8488541.png
  • amyschandl
    amyschandl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I find myself eating what I burned. After I workout I feel great and then I try to get occupied with cleaning house or watching something good on tv. No matter what I start to crave something and I try to ignore it but if I do it never goes away. It get's to the point where it consumes me and I give up and eat something. I am getting different ideas to help me with this problem such as sucking on hard candy and also eating sliced apples with some peanut butter.
  • kaylalryan
    kaylalryan Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You really should eat back your calories... from what my doctor tells me, it is important not to have more than a 900 cal deficit a day (for healthy weight loss!). Having said this, it all depends on where you have your cal/weight loss goals set. Me for example, I have cals at 1300 cuz I am a student some days and work others. If I work out and burn, say 600 cals, 1300-600 would put me at a net of only 700 cals...which is 1300 below my BMR. This is not healthy and not enough cals to sustain could energy and such.
  • midnight333
    Options
    I won't I just never heard of it before starting this web site. In the past I've dieted and never ate my exercise calories back either and was down to a size 2 or 0 depending on the clothees design.
  • Deebautista
    Deebautista Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No, I don't.
  • orangelobster
    Options
    I have been doing so mostly, but I am also totally underestimating/ under reporting how many calories I burn (or at least I sincerely hope I am!!)