Hurricane Sandy

Options

Replies

• elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    the storm will be in my path, feel sorry for her. :laugh: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent: :indifferent:
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I'm in Richmond, Virginia and people are going crazy over here. The shelves at Wal-mart are EMPTY:sick: . I bought 12 candles... that's all I need for a good time! :drinker: I already dusted off the board games!:smokin:

I hope the "state of emergency" warning is wrong and it won't be bad. The storm we had in July knocked out our power for 3 days... I hope that doesn't happen again but they are predicting that power will be out for 6-9 days. The worst part is that I may not be able to log in for days!!! :grumble:
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I'm in Delaware and supposedly right in the hurricane's path. Just praying and trusting God that it will not be as bad as they say. Everyone affected be safe!
  • mamalopez12
    mamalopez12 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am in South jersey - Ground Zero - it's getting nerve wracking, they are already in Emergency Management mode - have never seen anything like this before. Thanks for the thoughts, hopefully it will weaken.

Good luck and be safe!!!!
  • ChrystalDutton
    ChrystalDutton Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in Richmond, Virginia and people are going crazy over here. The shelves at Wal-mart are EMPTY:sick: . I bought 12 candles... that's all I need for a good time! :drinker: I already dusted off the board games!:smokin:

I hope the "state of emergency" warning is wrong and it won't be bad. The storm we had in July knocked out our power for 3 days... I hope that doesn't happen again but they are predicting that power will be out for 6-9 days. The worst part is that I may not be able to log in for days!!! :grumble:

6-9 DAYS!! :'(!! I hadnt heard that...oh goodness!! I hope I have enough supplies....
  • nbeth901
    nbeth901 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all of you! Be safe!
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I live in Maryland and we have been told if the power goes out it could be out for over a week. All the stores were crazy here. u would think its the end of the f-ing world.
    I hope its not as bad as what they say it could be and I hope it does not hit where they think its going to cuz that puts me right in the eyes path:( Stay safe everyone.
  • elprincipito
    elprincipito Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I live in Maryland and we have been told if the power goes out it could be out for over a week. All the stores were crazy here. u would think its the end of the f-ing world.
    I hope its not as bad as what they say it could be and I hope it does not hit where they think its going to cuz that puts me right in the eyes path:( Stay safe everyone.
    stores been crazzzyyyyy here too! it's like some zombie apocalypse bs here tooo!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    The news has gotta talk about something other than the election! It's all hype. It's gonna be just rain and wind. No biggie.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Even here in Pittsburgh and west into Ohio is calling for TONS of rain and wind. We will all have to wait and see how it tracks. Everyone stay safe and dry.
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Stay safe! Sending prayers out for you and all my friends in the path! XO
  • heather963
    heather963 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank god I live in N Ireland, we dont get extreme weather over here, just a lot of rain! :-(
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    i just bought more crappy unhealthy food than i have in a year! but hey, that's really your only option when you're looking for unperishable food! lol

i live in NYC. this is gonna get interesting.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i just bought more crappy unhealthy food than i have in a year! but hey, that's really your only option when you're looking for unperishable food! lol

i live in NYC. this is gonna get interesting.

i bought lots of healthy non-perishable food. I don't want to get off track.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I heard on the Weather Channel tonight that it's going to be worse than Irene or Katrina. Stay sate, people!!!
  • 1917Ashley
    1917Ashley Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I live on the beach in NC and have seen Sandy's effects for a couple days now. Sending positive thoughts to those north of me!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm in South Jersey..45 miles inland of Atlantic City. yanno...where the big bullseye is on the weather maps.
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Living in New Orleans, I know first-hand on how hurricanes can change people's lives and throw you in another direction. Hurricane Katrina changed my life. I hope there is no significant loss or damage for anyone with this storm. I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy. Be safe East Coast.
  • Mandypt
    Mandypt Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I heard on the Weather Channel tonight that it's going to be worse than Irene or Katrina. Stay sate, people!!!

No difference in strength or size, the only reason why Katrina stood out was the flooding when the levees broke. The only place that should have flooding just as bad is lower Manhattan.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I am in South jersey - Ground Zero - it's getting nerve wracking, they are already in Emergency Management mode - have never seen anything like this before. Thanks for the thoughts, hopefully it will weaken.
    I understand they are planning to evacuate Cape May and the barrier islands. Stay safe!

The evacuation of the barrier islands was by 4pm today. My aunt is with Cape May County Bd of Health and has to stay put in N Cape May. They are 2 blocks from the bay. I have one friend in Brigantine who refuses to evacuate :(