Amazing Amazons - Round 1

Options

Replies

• FormerJerseygirl
    FormerJerseygirl Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Forgot to check-in yesterday----lost 1.6 pounds.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: So I worked out yesterday - jogged 20 min & walked 10 min (against better judgement & Dr's orders) felt like death when I was done. I think I'll tone it down tonight.

I've done 2x/30 min this week so far.
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    I got a 45 min run in on the treadmill last night....3.2 miles(slow, i know) and then did 15 mins of ab work. Hope to post another loss on Monday! :drinker:
  • bashcraft
    Options
    Count me in!!!
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I had surgery yesterday (had my gallbladder out) so I have to take it easy for awhile. I'm going to continue to eat well and walk as much as I can. I have a new pedometer now so I'm going to slowly try to make it up to 10,000 steps a day. I hope my surgery won't effect my weight loss too much. I stepped on the scale today and was very discouraged. I haven't eaten anything bad so I'm hoping it's just water retention and swelling. Good luck everyone!
  • Gogo
    Options
    I had surgery yesterday (had my gallbladder out) so I have to take it easy for awhile. I'm going to continue to eat well and walk as much as I can. I have a new pedometer now so I'm going to slowly try to make it up to 10,000 steps a day. I hope my surgery won't effect my weight loss too much. I stepped on the scale today and was very discouraged. I haven't eaten anything bad so I'm hoping it's just water retention and swelling. Good luck everyone!

Take it easy and follow Dr's orders! Don't try to push it too soon....you will get there!:flowerforyou:
  • mrsbojangles
    Options
    yes, shannon, please do take it easy. You get a lot of fluid pumped into you when you have surgery, so your weight will be weird for a few weeks, but it will settle down and you'll be OK.

I got in my water today plus a good workout!
  • MegKacz
    Options
    i got in a 4 mile run today as well and did some ROWING (new exercise for me)... we'll see how THAT feels tomorrow....I've gotten in 3 workouts so far this week so hopefully i will be seeing a loss by monday as well! I was so anxious to work out today after sitting in class from 8 until 3:30.

And yes, Shannon, take it easy. As mrsbojangles said, they really pump ya full of fluids when you have surgery (nursing student here :)). Let yourself recover, but walking is ALWAYS encouraged, and eat some protein to help heal up!! Lots of water will help too, but REST is most important. No strenuous exercise (we don't want you to split open!) I wish you the best of luck on your recovery and I hope you had nice nurses!! :):)

Way to go, Amazing Amazons. Keep up the good work! I'm so proud of you all for committing to the exercise challenge this week!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!:flowerforyou: I had a day of rest yesterday. I worked out for an hour monday and tuesday. Today I am planning on 45 minutes aerobics and 15 minutes abs. The scale unfortunately has not moved at all this week. At least it didn't go up! haha.

Working on getting all my water in for the day! Great work ladies! :drinker:
  • Gogo
    Options
    G'Morning! I did 2 miles last night and then did a Pilates video......I hurt everywhere! I hurt in places that I didn't even know could hurt! :laugh: :laugh:

Good Luck to everyone....remember only 2 days til weigh in! :drinker:
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I am chronically tired today!!!!! My sleep has just been awful, I bought some valarian root today- maybe it'll help!

Had a rest day yesterday as my arms were really sore from the weights (and still are!!) But I will work on my legs bum and abs tonight.

Good luck for the weekend everyone!! And have a fab one!! xx
  • jbuffan218
    jbuffan218 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    So far so good my personal goal was to walk a minimum of 30 minutes OR do my slim in 6 tape every day this week.
    I have hit every day so far, even increased my incline and speed to 4 incline @ 4mph and yesterday did 41 minutes .But am concerned about being up when I get on the scale this week.
    Normally I dont exercise the day before weigh in because of fluid retention, BUT I will do it this week and see how it goes.
    I am a visual person and I have a calendar right next to my treadmill, I dont want to see a blank spot anywhere in February :bigsmile:
    So off to walk I go......
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes! I feel great so it's hard to take it easy..but so far so good. I think I'll skip Monday's weigh in and hopefully be able to get back into the swing of things the following Monday. I just got a new Leslie Sansone workout DVD in the mail, I can't wait to try it out. (But I will!) I hope everyone is having a great weight loss week!
  • mlove1307
    Options
    Hello Tall Friends!!

I'm back!! Bet you didn't even notice I was missing. :tongue: Sneaky Sneakyy..

I have been away from this thread but not MFP although I did gain the first week due to what HAS to be a hormonal/water retention issue. I didn't go over on calories ONCE and gained 10lbs in three days. :indifferent:

I will most likely maintain this week, but I have been exercising at least thirty minutes every day and I didn't even know about the challege. Woot!! Hope everyone's had a great weekend, and I hope you all don't mind me jumping back into the thread. :flowerforyou:
  • sparklepants
    sparklepants Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Morning girls!

Shannon & Gogo.... hope you are feeling a bit better today :o)

Well much to my suprise, I have lost 4lbs this week!!!!

Although yesterday I ate chicken curry and birthday cake!! Eeek!! I'm sure the cake will find me this week..... haha!!!

How are you all getting on?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Morning ladies!!! Hope everybody had a great weekend!!

Checkin' in - not nearly as good as last week...but last week I didn't spend the weekend eating like octomom & drinking like mad at superbowl parties. :noway: Anyway, here's my #'s...

SW - 178
    W1 - 172
    CW - 171

I did my workouts 30min/5x last week. :drinker: What's the challenge this week?
  • Gogo
    Options
    Check in......SW 157
    W1 155.8
    CW 155.0

Lost .8........whatever...I'll take it I guess......too much beer this weekend.:ohwell:
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Check in:
    SW- 147.6
    W1- 147
    CW- 146.7......

I didn't have the greatest of weeks last week..... oh well, at least I didn't gain!
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    Is it too late to join?? I'm 5'10! Is the weekly challenge still on water?
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello Amazons! :flowerforyou:
    I'm normally not one to jump in on a thread once its already 2 weeks in, but I just happened to see you for the first time and I rarely find a group that I fit into so well! I'm 5'11" and I think we all know that being tall has it's specific challenges!

If it's too late I understand, but I'd love to have other tall strong ladies to relate to!

My goal is to lose 10 pounds by April 24, my first half marathon!!! :drinker:

:heart: Channing