Options
    Back atcha lady!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    at201218_radar.gif
  • dumbbanana
    Options
    Thanks! The sky is cloudy and grey, and its getting pretty windy here. They've already done mandatory evacuations, I'm in a voluntary evacuation area and I'm staying (nowhere else to go!).
    I've done all I can to get ready. The worst is going to be trying to entertain the kids for the next 2 days.
  • dorilou1969
    Options
    here in brooklyn NY the sky is getting pretty dark and the winds are really picking up!
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I've watched about it on the news here in the UK.....hope it doesn't turn out to be as bad as they're saying.

Stay safe everyone.
  • cakelady69
    Options
    In the south eastern side on PA, got done everything to prepare. Just waiting. Sky is grey, waiting to hear about school for tomorrow. Starting to get some wind, nothing big though. Could be a long few days, these areas flood easily.
  • whitneyas
    whitneyas Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Right now we have the calm before the storm... everything is eerily still! Thanks for thinking of us- stay safe everyone!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    I'm in MA. The town over has already cancelled school tomorrow. Every time I look at the weather, it is different. I guess I will just have to see what happens.
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I am in NY.....only about 75 miles from NYC. Not looking forward to this :/
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm in North Central Mass. We're seeing some light wind and rain. Got gas for the genny and a 100-foot extension cord just in case. That said, the local media hype over this one has been relentless. The way they'er talking, you'd think we're on the verge of Armageddon.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    CT here...things look scary
    already no school until weds...
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Virginia Beach here, staying inside!

Hey Hurricane Sandy Imma let you finish but, Olivia Newton John was the greatest Sandy of all time!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    NYC checking in. Upper Manhattan. Yes we're high up, but I live in a basement apartment so flooding's a real concern. Making home-made sandbags with cat litter. LOL

hard to eat healthy when it's all non-perishable processed foods. gross.
  • ellenasl210
    ellenasl210 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    They're completely evacuating the coast of Jersey wooo! Good-bye house, hopefully we'll meet again.. This'll definitely be a fun one;)
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    On the south shore of Long Island here....already taped up the windows and tied all the backyard stuff down. Just started raining and the winds are really picking up. Schools and mass transit cancelled for tomorrow and all the gas stations are OUT!!!
    Please stay safe everyone!!
  • lanapoo
    lanapoo Posts: 57
    Options
    Long Island here. I went to grocery store earlier and all water, bread, etc are gone.

I just went for a walk around my community and could feel the temperature dropping. The wind is also starting to pick up now and it's so strange seeing the clouds move in the opposite direction of normal. I'm going to huddle up for the next few days and hope we don't lose power... Electricity company here sucks.
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    In South Central PA, where we are supposed to have high winds and many inches of rain. I stocked up on apples and bananas, peanut butter and bread, and water, so we should be good to go as far as food if the power goes out. Thankfully we live up on a hill so I'm not worried about our house flooding but feel for those who live near all the creeks and streams around here.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Central WV here. We're on the western slope of the Appalachian mountains, where the cold front is expected to turn the heavy rain into heavy, wet snow. Thinking of all of you who are braving the wind and water on the coast!
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    BUMP....Keeping the :heart: going! :drinker:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Delaware/Pennsylvania border here. Wind is picking up a bit on and off, but my power is flickering already. Too many trees with full leaves makes for a bad situation. Staying off the roads and hoping one doesn't come crashing through my house (I'm backed up into the woods).

Be safe everyone!