Posing in a dirty room

Options
MaryJane_8810002
MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
So I have been looking at some peoples profile pictures on here and another 18+ website and I have noticed this a lot. Girls 18+25 taking pictures of themselves in dirty bedrooms. I know they are trying to show how cute they are, how much they love American Idiot, or just how much progress they made but I get really grossed out. Instead of focusing on the person I'm looking at the marked underwear on the bed or the crusted plates of food. Don't some people have pride in themselves anymore? I would die of shame if I took a picture in a dirty house and posted it online. Is it too hard to just take the picture in the bathroom?

EDIT

In my pic I am in bed with blankets and pillows. Those are lights hanging from the headboard

I am not talking about having one or two items out, I mean full on filth

Replies

• oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Now, I"m a neat freak myself.

But how would you feel if somebody sat and picked apart your picture.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options

Go ahead but I didn't take a picture with scattered dirty clothing as a backdrop.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I usually tidy up a bit but I think it is pretty stupid to focus on the background instead of on the main subject. Sometimes cleaning up before taking the pictures is not possible.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    You have clothes coming out of your dresser drawers in the background.

Judging is fun. -_-
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I completely agree! My house is in no way tidy, but I am sure that if/when I take pictures in it, I've at least made sure the area is clean (and really......dirty dishes and underwear? GROSS. There's a difference between messy and straight up gross & unsanitary stuff).

I agree that we're supposed to be focusing on the topic of the photo, but some of these pics just have such bad backgrounds you can't HELP but get distracted by them & focus on that......
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Why is this even a subject? Does it really matter?? lol smh
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    There was a fairly hot chick that posted pics of herself in hardly any clothing on MFP... You could see a giant unflushed duece in the reflection of her toilet in her mirror.

You wouldn't think anything that nasty could come out of someone that hot.
  • alslau02
    Options
    heh. I notice the details too.
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I soooo notice those things...or a nasty dirty mirror you are standing in front of. Even when I take pics of my kids I make sure there is no clutter or crap in the background! Some people dont care and are pigs!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

Go ahead but I didn't take a picture with scattered dirty clothing as a backdrop.

why do you have christmas lights stringed up inside?
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I notice too but I don't worry myself about it!!
  • Shaolin_Papa
    Options
    So I have been looking at some peoples profile pictures on here and another 18+ website and I have noticed this a lot. Girls 18+25 taking pictures of themselves in dirty bedrooms. I know they are trying to show how cute they are, how much they love American Idiot, or just how much progress they made but I get really grossed out. Instead of focusing on the person I'm looking at the marked underwear on the bed or the crusted plates of food. Don't some people have pride in themselves anymore? I would die of shame if I took a picture in a dirty house and posted it online. Is it too hard to just take the picture in the bathroom?

You probably would be better served to correct your own flaws first,
    then if you have time, fit in the flaws of the rest of humankind.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options

Judging is fun. -_-

I am laying in bed, that is a pillow for dreadlocks.
  • nenacakesxo
    nenacakesxo Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Judging is fun. -_-

LOL
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options

why do you have christmas lights stringed up inside?

Because they are white and purple and they are wrapped around my headboard and window. A lot of people do it believe it or not.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    There was a fairly hot chick that posted pics of herself in hardly any clothing on MFP... You could see a giant unflushed duece in the reflection of her toilet in her mirror.

You wouldn't think anything that nasty could come out of someone that hot.

Haha that is too funny.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    Options
    Ooh pillows and lights on my headboard I am a filthy b!tch. You people kill me sometimes.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I took a pic in a mirror once and noticed fingerprints on it right after I uploaded it. At first I thought "who cares" but it kept bothering me so it went bye bye!
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I woulddie of shame if I spent my time staring at peoples profile pictures on 18+ websites.
  • WeekndOVOXO
    WeekndOVOXO Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Oh my God. :laugh:

TBc84.jpg