does anyone not document their liquid calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• NocturnalGirl
    Options
    It doesn't matter where they come from, they are still calories. The significance of them will depend on the amount you drink, etc.
  • sillybird
    Options
    I have been drinking nothing but water, try to drink a gallon jug a day. I have noticed a huge difference in my weight loss and even in my skin. I sometimes will add the MIOS sweet tea flavoring, just 2 little squirts, but that is 0 calories 0 sodium. But if I drink anything else I too, will log those calories, they all add up. Also if you are drinking the Arizona cans of tea, there are 3 servings in each can. So that adds up really quick!! The lemon tea has 240 calories in the whole can.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't mean like soda pop or really high sugar drinks, but I don't find the point in putting in calories for my cranberry juice or Arizona Green Tea....i know I probably should, but do those drinks really make THAT kind of a difference?

Juice can definitely make a difference. Regular cranberry juice can have more than 100 calories per cup. If it's a diet drink with artificial sweeteners and very few calories then it's unlikely to make much difference. But 100% juice, juice cocktails and sugar sweetened teas can definitely carry a lot of calories.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I log everything, be it food or liquid.

It keeps me accountable and helps me be sure that I am drinking enough, and if I am not losing? I can look back and see a pattern....IE this drink was higher in sodium, or this drink had a lot of cals and I had 2 of them etc.

Besides to me its a good habit to be in to log it all. The only one you are hurting is yourself....why lie and say that the calories in my tea don't count. I only had 5 cups....with milk and splenda. Calories are calories and the amounts of everything else will add up. Just MY opinion, but log it.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    What is the point of counting calories if you aren't going to count them?

A restaurant glass (20oz) of Arizona green Tea has 175 calories in it, and the same restaurant glass filled with Cranberry juice has 325 calories.

So just drinking a glass of each you burned 500 calories, that is more than a 8 oz New York strip steak or a whole pound of chicken to put it in perspective.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Arizona bottled/canned drinks definitely contain enough calories to make a difference, and juices (even healthy 100% juice) tend to be very high calorie. You could drink 1,000 calories without batting and eyelash and probably not notice. So yes, it is very important to log liquids.

The only things I wouldn't log: black coffee, unsweet tea, water, diet soda. (Anything 0 calorie).
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the polite, helpful answers. To the rest of you: we're you born ignorant or were you teased as a child?
  • lesliefb
    lesliefb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I log everything I drink except plain water. I even log carbonated water and plain iced tea, because as you get closer to your goals and/or hit a stall, you might see that certain "non" foods can actually make you retain water weight or get cravings for junk food, etc. It's easy enough to add, so why not?

This info graphic is a great visual about how drink calories add up:
    http://www.extension.org/pages/19894/a-day-of-beverages-make-good-choices
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for the polite, helpful answers. To the rest of you: we're you born ignorant or were you teased as a child?

ig·no·rant /ˈignərənt/
    Adjective: 1. Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated.
    2. Lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about something in particular: "ignorant of astronomy".
  • ceejay1982
    Options
    I log everything except weak squash with no added sugar...i class that as water! Strange but I cannae drink tap water
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I log everything I drink except plain water. I even log carbonated water and plain iced tea, because as you get closer to your goals and/or hit a stall, you might see that certain "non" foods can actually make you retain water weight or get cravings for junk food, etc. It's easy enough to add, so why not?

This info graphic is a great visual about how drink calories add up:
    http://www.extension.org/pages/19894/a-day-of-beverages-make-good-choices

now that definitely help put it in perspective for most, part of the reason why I drink water now when thirsty.
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    They make a huge difference. I would log them like anything else.