Anyone have tried W.w ??

Options
13»

Replies

• mspdreese
    Options
    i did w.w for about a year.i lost weight and kept it off.i loved it.even going to the meetings.i joined with my best friend.the first week or two i was a bit hungry but i did surpass this.i learned how to eat healthy.however i lost my job and was unable to pay the fee for a long time.i lost about 50 lbs r more in less then a year.i went to meetings to be honest mostly for the support as well as the recipe swap.it was also about 5 years ago.before the new system and points counting went into effect.if i did w.w. again i would do point same as i did then.either way i am sure it all is about the same. members were so very helpful. shareing recipes helped me a lot as i did not cook w,w, meals for family but for myself alone.i would go back to it and track foods here instead of on the books or journals we got there.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    The group support is great, but I hated having to convert everything into points. It's so much easier to just log it here and watch the calorie count.
  • mspdreese
    Options
    also i did learn a lot of healthy and helpful eating habits.i changed my eating habits for the better as well as substituted many high calorie and high fat foods for lower options.i would so go back to w.w if i could afford to do it.i probably have said that already.
  • ejayess
    Options
    Hello - I am a 'lapsed' member of W.w. I was able to lose about 5 kilos or so (which was enough to bring me back to my goal weight at that time) - but the food plans have changed massively since I was a member. In my opinion it is a little expensive now for the service they are offering - but, the once a week meetings offer a fantastic support network if you don't have a diet buddy.

I originally lost about 100 pounds by simply counting calories and keeping a food diary - just like MFP offers now. I've had friends who lost weight a variety of ways - 'Light and Easy meals plan', the Zone, etc. It's up to you to find what works the best for you and your lifestyle.

good luck on your journey.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    One day I realized that almost ALL of the points calculations = 40 calories per point, so other than a few items, there's really no difference from calorie counting.

That's fine - it did install getting other good health guidelines in me, like getting all of my fruits and veggies, healthy oils, and other things.

This is how I lost all my weight, so now I'm just looking to maintain.

Meetings are not my thing - it's not really motivating to hear how somebody whine that they aren't losing weight, and then investigating further, you usually find out they're binging or not following the program...
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done WW off and on for the last 20 years! I keep going up and down the same 20 pounds. What I've finially found is that when i was doing WWs "I was on a diet" mentally. I was either on or off program, never a real lifestyle change. some people can make it a lifestyle change on WW, but I just never did.

After finding MFP, I finally looked into the BMR and TDEE stuff and realized that to keep at a certain weight, I get a certain amount of calories, based on if I exercise too. DING!!! HELLO!! So simple, but it never really sank in before! Finally, I've made a lifestyle change, because it is what it is. No program, no diet, it's just the way I need to eat.

Since I only have 10 more pounds to go, I've switched to "Eating for the New Me". Basically, I figured out the calories and exercise for me at my goal weight and that's what I'm eating. It's my lifestyle now, and I do zig zag my calories to have some high days and some lower days, and I think that's natural. This last 10 pounds will come off very slowly, but that's fine because I'm learning how to eat for the rest of my life.

Good luck if you choose WW. I still go on the website to the forums and get recipes and ideas!