Did your feet get smaller with weight loss?

Options
Slim140
Slim140 Posts: 66 Member
I seem to have gained a whole size in shoes as i got older and bigger. I don't know if its the age or the swelling from walking so much.

Replies

• Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Mine seem to have gotten smaller, but not by a lot
  • orangefour
    orangefour Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I gained two shoe sizes while pregnant, I have noticed my shoes have gotten roomy lately. Idk how much smaller they have gotten though as I haven't tried on any smaller shoes.
  • the_new_robin2016
    the_new_robin2016 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    No but my boobs did lol

If you had fat on your feet (swollen even) due to being overweight your feet could be loosing inches :p
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    They can. Just like the rest of you.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Funny just recently I found out the hard way that my feet were a lot smaller. I bought a whole new outfit to go to my Uncle's memorial, but not shoes. I grabbed the outfit, shoes out of my closet and off we headed. Once we had lunch my family decided to change at the restaurant as it had big clean bathrooms. I put on my whole outfit slipped into the shoes I haven't worn since last year and my God I felt like I was slipping into my mother's shoes as a little girl. I started to walk around and clip clop clip clop I went. I told DH and he said we could stop and buy me shoes, but at that time I didn't feel we had time. So, I stuffed some TP in the toes and did the best I could to stay in them.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Dunno, but I can see them now.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. Fat can and usually will be deposited all over the body. As you lose weight, your feet can get smaller. I went down a half size after 50 or so lbs.
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that myself, I have wide feet and I swear my shoes feel looser. I'm hoping that I have lost enough so I'm not wide width any more. Defiantly will try some shoes next time I'm out
  • saudade108
    Options
    I notice that the width definitely changes. I think it is because your feet spread out more when they are holding up more weight. When I lost a bunch of weight, I noticed that my feet felt different (smaller) in shoes and boots I'd worn for years. When I gained weight again, some shoes I wore while thin were way too tight. Could be extra tissue or swelling, or simply that the width spreads out wider with more weight.
  • AnjaZ89
    AnjaZ89 Posts: 235
    Options
    NOBODY believes me when I tell them that with my weight loss of 45lbs I lost 2 shoe sizes. They always say "it's the shoe" or "your shoes were too big".
    I was an 39 before, now I am 37 (German size) I think it's 8 and 6 in the US
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    After 3 months of exercise (cardio) I started noticing my feet would go numb while i was working out! Didnt dawn on me till later..

My shoes were too loose!!

Got to buy a new pair of running shoes though. WIN WIN! =)
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Yep, went down about 1/2 of a size
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I've grown by an inch.

bit on my feet too.

ha. ha.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Waaah! What's wrong with me? My feet got bigger! :sad:
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Dunno, but I can see them now.
    lol
    I noticed that with less bodyfat, I retain less water. So they don't have the tendency to swell.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    yup, gone from a 81/2 to 71/2 or 7 in some styles. So sad, had to buy all new shoes, lol, wonderful nsv for me.
  • emd528
    emd528 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes! I was a women's 7.5-8, and now I'm usually a 7 (occasionally a 7.5). And that's only with losing 25 lbs...
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yes I dropped from a size 12 to a 10.5...really didn't notice it till I was out for a walk and had to go down a hill and slid inside my shoe. Surprised the heck out of me.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I've lost some fat around my ankles, and I don't have the swelling in my ankles and feet anymore. An 8.5WW used to be tight on me. Now I can wear an 8W, and I can wear my ankle boots that zip up. Last spring, I couldn't even get them halfway up my foot.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I went up a shoe size when I gained all this weight and now I'm down about half a size since my journey began. I hope I get back to a size 8, because I have some cute shoes begging to be worn again :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!