Did your feet get smaller with weight loss?

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yep.. so far i've lost about half a size and maybe a bit more. i think it has more to do with lack of swelling but i could be wrong.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    First place I lost weight was in my feet. All my shoes became big. Now that I've dropped a bunch of weight I can tell you I'm a good 1 and 1/2 sizes smaller in shoe size.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Yes, just as they got bigger with the weight gain. which is good on one hand (foot?) but not for the 3 brand new pairs of shoes I bought on a terrific sale that I've yet to wear 2 pair of.
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Yup. I went from a size 9 to a size 7.
  • gauchogirl
    gauchogirl Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Mine got a full size smaller and I don't need "wide" anymore.
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    My Danskos are big - my most expensive shoes! i'm wearing them anyways, with really thick socks. I've gone down at least one size.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My wife was just asking me this same question. She thinks her feet got smaller with her weight loss. I personally think that the difference is she isn't retaining as much water. She didn't have fat feet to begin with so I doubt she lost fat from her feet. But it's possible that due to eating healthier, inflammation and water retention have been reduced, thus making her feet feel smaller.
  • Songtothesiren
    Songtothesiren Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    For me, the very first place that I really "saw" with my own eyes that I was shedding weight was when I stepped in the shower one morning and realised that my feet and ankles were shrinking.

It wasn't a loss of length, my shoe size has remained the same, it was visual confirmation that my body was changing. Since then I've noticed that although I am shedding inches all over, it's most noticeable reading bottom to top i.e. thinner feet, smaller ankles, then more shapely calf, getting knees instead of ham joints, etc. etc.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    When I first started my "journey" 7 months ago, my feet were extremely, painfully swollen due to my weight. I could not wear closed shoes and had to wear size 9 Wide in sandals/flip flops just to accommodate the swelling. Though I still have a very long way to go, the swelling in my feet has gone down completely and I am now back into my normal size 6.5 or 7 depending on the shoe.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Mine got narrower, but not smaller (size-wise).
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    A pair of size 7 boots I had fit perfectly when I got them (60lbs ago) now I have to wear a pair of really thick socks with them!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1/2 a size so far with a 30 lb loss. Thrilled me to be able to get into some of my cute shoes again! :smile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    My feet got smaller and also thinner (the velcro is in the wrong place to close now).

I wasn't that heavy - only barely in the overweight category, so it seems really weird to me.
  • mathteacher2010
    mathteacher2010 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My feet had better not get smaller! I wear a ladies size 4 1/2 now! I can't find shoes easily as it is!

:frown:
  • chelseabuns88
    chelseabuns88 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I really hope my feet dont get any smaller!! I love my shoes =(
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Yep, when preggo I went up to a UK size 7, my normal size when at goal weight is 5.5 UK...
  • TXStephSki
    TXStephSki Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Put on my all-weather mocs this weekend- and walked right out of them! My feet haven't lost length but they are definitely more narrow. It's so weird, it's not like they looked chubby before!
  • nicosland
    nicosland Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    64 pounds down and my feet are still a gigantic size 11 wide. :( I wish they would get smaller. I have another 50 pounds I'd like to lose so maybe then?
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I went from a shoe size 8 down to a 7.
  • melianne125
    melianne125 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    At a jean size 22 (im 5'2") I wore a size 8 trainer. At a jean size 14 im down to a 7 trainer. Apparently I was carrying some fat on my feet - But it seems to be gone now :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!