Television shows you wish would go away?

Options

Replies

• d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Jersey Shore...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    All the night dramas, like svu and the good wife and all that crap.
  • janbez
    janbez Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    There is an easy fix for this. Turn the TV off. I didn't even live in a house with one for most of my life. I say focus on what matters. The junk in the media does not matter at all in my opinion.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I have a high tolerance for trash TV, but I just can't stand Honey Boo Boo!
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    ALL "un-"reality TV, South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, American Dad.....most any anal retentive so-called "humor" shows.....Not only should they disappear from new episodes -- all syndication and reruns of old episodes needs to stop!!
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    katrashians, jersey shore, toddlers and tiaras
  • sammyonweb
    Options
    shows on mtv
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I quit tv at the end of July. 3 months with no tv has meant I go to bed earlier (this is a good thing :yawn: ), read more and stop rabbiting on to everyone about the 'fat to skinny' shows that I had got addicted to :blushing:

I hate though when X factor is back o n tv as people rabbit on about it so much and it's even on the news websites. I hate it.:noway:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    There is an easy fix for this. Turn the TV off. I didn't even live in a house with one for most of my life. I say focus on what matters. The junk in the media does not matter at all in my opinion.

Yah. the 5 years I was living in london I didn't have tv. I downloaded a few shows I like, i think its healthy to not have one for a while.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    No-one is making you watch programmes you don't like, are they? We got rid of our TV over a year ago & I just sit politely through discussions about "Strictly" and "Downton". If there's something I really MUST watch I can see it on t'internet, but that's happened once in 16 months.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a TV set at my house for 4 years and I'm really happy about it. Toss it away and you won't feel it missing.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Anything and everything to do with the Kardashians.

THIS!
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    reality shows. Especially ones that exploit children such as honey boo boo
  • ItsTimeDave
    ItsTimeDave Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    So, what television shows do you want to see off the air?

none apart from...

Home and Away
    Neighbours
    Coranation Street
    Emerdale
    East Enders

:)
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    Options
    Xfactor!! The biggest pile of s**t to ever get on tv!

17427511.png
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    All those TV shows about "normal" people who are really just dumb as fudge. Examples: Honey Boo Boo, Jersey Shore, etc.

I'd also LOVE to see Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil gone. Both of them are just quacks.
  • SeaRunner26
    SeaRunner26 Posts: 5,143 Member
    Options
    I know I'm just repeating what a lot of others are saying but I'd say almost all the reality TV shows can go. There are a few I watch, but for the most part I find them a pretty sad reflection of society.

I'd also like to know why the Discovery Channel and History Channel don't have any real content anymore. It's all just more reality TV. They need to change their network names.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all sit-coms. And BTW......LOVE SVU!!! :)
    I love SVU too!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    All those TV shows about "normal" people who are really just dumb as fudge. Examples: Honey Boo Boo, Jersey Shore, etc.

I'd also LOVE to see Dr. Oz and Dr. Phil gone. Both of them are just quacks.

All of these.