Television shows you wish would go away?

Options

Replies

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    XFactor/Britain's Got Talent/Strictly Come Dancing

For you guys who really dislike Honey Boo Boo - check out an UK show about the Chawner Family - Programme titles Lorraine Kelly's Big Fat Challenge, Lorraine Kelly's next big fat challenge and Last Chance Chawners. There are clips on YouTube

The Chawners (bless their chunky little hearts) were what inspired me to get on the weight loss journey back in January and I credit them entirely with my weight loss to date. Every time i slip, i put on their shows.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    America's Got Talent, The Voice, X-Factor and Glee. Total garbage.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    All reality TV that isn't education-based. And all the crappy "talent" shows. How many do we need????
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Jersey Shore.

/end thread
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    its already been said, but it bares repeating....ALL REALITY SHOWS
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't care.

If I don't like it, I don't watch it.
  • pxpwop
    pxpwop Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Every Show produced on MTV!!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE. I miss the actual videos.
  • mdonovan
    Options
    Any reality show involving people at work. My own work day is draining enough, I don't need to feel the stress of someone else's.
  • Harlequin16
    Harlequin16 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    A Current Affair. Most bias 'news' show i've ever seen!
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Football games scheduled at the same time as the Green Bay Packers game.
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    I like Mythbusters, anything on National Geographic and the History Channel...and I just now started watching the Walking Dead. I also hate these reality-based television shows. Everything has gotten so damn stupid. I could do without cable. I can find what I want (documentaries ect) on you tube. All I need from comcast is cable internet.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Jersey Shore.

/end thread
  • AnnaMC1977
    Options
    I haven't had a TV set at my house for 4 years and I'm really happy about it. Toss it away and you won't feel it missing.

Not my tv, not my choice watching...not my house.
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    There is an easy fix for this. Turn the TV off. I didn't even live in a house with one for most of my life. I say focus on what matters. The junk in the media does not matter at all in my opinion.

I don't watch anything with the Kardashians, that Honey Boo Boo kid, the Jersey Shore brats, any so-called reality TV shows, etc., yet I still know who these morons are because they are on magazines, talk shows, news shows, tabloids, headlines, even the Yahoo entry page, and other venues I can't turn off.

I wish it was as simple as turning the TV off and then not being exposed to any of it. If people didn't watch it, talk about it, and give it so much attention, it would go off the air, so I suppose the sad truth is, a lot of people really like that junk.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    America's Got Talent, The Voice, X-Factor and Glee. Total garbage.

yes all these...and I may add Big Brother...I used to be a huge fan of that show too but its gone wayyyy downhill
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a TV set at my house for 4 years and I'm really happy about it. Toss it away and you won't feel it missing.

This. I quit paying for tv 2 years ago. Its the same stuff on tv now as any time ever, just with new actors. If I reallly want to watch something, I buy a season at barnes and nobel. $35 every once in a while saves a *kitten* ton over $100+ a month.
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    X factor! And every soap opera ever written!
  • alatoyajones
    alatoyajones Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I second that!!!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Two and a Half Men, anything on Mtv except True Life, and reality dating shows like The Bachelor.
  • rrneal625
    rrneal625 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see all the home shopping networks and sales pitch shows that slow down my channel surfing disappear....