worst things ever in the world ever.....ever

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I hate spiders but am not nearly as scared of them as I used to be. Used to have panic attacks when there was a house spider in the room. Then I married a guy who loves tarantulas for pets.

Definetely put the house spider thing into perspective for me. House spiders don't scare me anymore.

Now, the tarantula got out of it's cage once. That truamatized me a bit....
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I agree. I HATE spiders!

I have been bitten twice by brown recluse spiders and had my skin turn purple, black, then it would crack and fall off in chunks! It was horriffically painful and traumatizing!

One time I was driving over a bridge and my son yelled at me, MOM YOU HAVE A SPIDER ON YOUR BACK!! I freaked out because I couldn't stop on the bridge. I was in full panic mode when I finally got over the bridge and off the road and by then he had told me it was on my neck. I proceeded to jump out of the car, rip my shirt off, not caring who or what saw me, shook it out like a crazy woman, brushed myself off and got back in the car. I never did see it... I told him that if he wants to stay alive, he will NEVER, EVER tell me that there is a spider on me while I'm driving!

Last week we were hiking and came upon the lodge so we went in to take a break. I felt something crawling, in all places, inside my bra. First mistake: there had been a lot a little gnats so I just ignored it. Second mistake: I didn't want to stuff my hand down my shirt in front of a crowd. Which is odd but I normally wouldn't care at all. lol Third mistake: It felt 'little' so I wasn't too worried about it.
    Soooo we walk outside a few minutes later and I feel something crawling on my neck. I look down and there it is.. a spider. I didn't even have time to think so I instinctively just smashed it. Wiped it off and tried to forget about it. We get home and the next day I find 3 spider bites on me! This was last Tuesday and I still have them. I hate the lil bastages and although I agree that they are vital to our environment, they can stay the hell away from me.

I will also add that yes, spiders do 'fly' but its on spider thread or whatever it is. We were having a picnic one day and they kept 'flying' down from a huge tree 40 feet above us. The little sneaky things are everywhere!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Spiders don't bother me one bit. Now snakes... well nothing more need be said *shudder*
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    centipedes are way worse than spiders... imo
    Nope. House centipedes, creepy as they are, eat spiders. And cockroaches. And other creepy multi-legged crawly critters. AND they stay out of sight. And if they do come out all you need is a flashlight and you can heard them back to where they should be. I'm perfectly happy to see the occasional house centipede because that means I'll see a lot fewer spiders and roaches. I'm especially happy to see them this time of year because all the bugs that were scurrying around outside are now trying to scurry into my house. The bugs here in Georgia are large and plentiful and weird. The house centipedes are welcome in my house.

I even allow a couple smallish spiders to live on either side of my garage door to eat any other bugs that could come in. I draw the line at widows and recluses though. Those get doused with poison. Nothing that can harm my dogs is allowed in my house.

Spiders and roaches that actually enter the house get one of two reactions. If the husband is home, I yell for him to fix the problem. If he is not, I creep to the nearest bottle of 91% rubbing alcohol and douse the little nasty.
  • snarf432
    snarf432 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Spit. I hate it. I think its disgusting. And anytime I hear someone go to hock a loogie ever, it takes all I have to not throw up in my mouth.

Agreed. Completely disgusting. Thinking about loogies turns my stomach
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Oh gosh yes....gross, gross, gross. What kind of man teaches his son how to spit? Nasty, nasty, nasty. And spiders.....Horrors of all horrors. I'm going to have nightmares now. Spitting spiders!!!
  • ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥
    ♥ChUbByCoyLe♥ Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Not many spiders in Scotland...Thank god!!
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I don't know. I think dying would be worse... Or having a loved one die.

Feel free to never post on my threads again.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    picture-360.png
  • banks89202
    Options
    I'm so freaked out right now.....:sick:
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Spiders don't bother me one bit. Now snakes... well nothing more need be said *shudder*

Thank you! Snakes are seriously one of the worlds most perfect predators. And sharks, but since I don't swim in the ocean much that fear may be a bit irrational :blushing:
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    Thank you! Snakes are seriously one of the worlds most perfect predators. And sharks, but since I don't swim in the ocean much that fear may be a bit irrational :blushing:

Sharks are definitely not an irrational fear!! I believe they are in lakes, swimming pools, bathtubs, even toilets. They're real and everywhere!! And sinkholes!!
  • Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BETTLES any kind of bettles but most hated of all are the flying ones with long antennae that very easily get caught in your hair. I am terrified of them and will literally run screaming if one flies at me the other ones are just nasty listen to how it sounds when you step on them and I am not sure but what good are they except people eat them for protein in some countries get a life eat a hamburger!!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Sharks are definitely not an irrational fear!! I believe they are in lakes, swimming pools, bathtubs, even toilets. They're real and everywhere!! And sinkholes!!
    Not just in water either....(for those of us old enough to remember this..)

land-shark.jpg
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    BAN THE SPIDERS! BAN THEM TO HECK!

BAN THEM FROM OUR HOMES

BAN THEM FROM OUR CARS

BAN THEM FROM LIFE!

Sign the petition now to be rid of these horrible beasts.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Feel free to never post on my threads again.
    LMAO :drinker:
  • avir8
    avir8 Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have spiders than cockroaches
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Spit. I hate it. I think its disgusting. And anytime I hear someone go to hock a loogie ever, it takes all I have to not throw up in my mouth.

This! and any song by PINK...I'll drink spit before I go to one of her concerts..ok maybe not, but it's a very close race.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    jumping spiders have the cutest little faces!
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Duh........ PEDOPHILES!!!