more than 100lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• grannylittle
    Options
    I understand your concern... I had a 100 lbs to lose. I needed both knees done...so got 50 lbs off... Now I am working on the additional 40/50 lbs. I am alot older than you...I am 71 1/2 It is harder to carry around the weight... Just 50 lbs make it so much easlier... There was one lady that went to the pool for an hr walking... She lost 100 lbs in a year. Her body looked so great in toning.
    We have a man that started at 600 and he could hardly get into the water. etc Now he is down 200 lbs. He is very large man in height etc. His middle isn't getting tight... However, I will not let that stop me... I may have extra skin around hips and waist but I know my back and legs will get great as I have saw it happen...

What exercise do you plan to use? Do it younger and keep your correct way of eating for a life time... I have lost 3 times.. This is the last time...!!!!!
  • grannylittle
    Options
    very good attitude and you will get there. The exercise is so important for toning. Those angle wings on the back of the arms can do also. Get bar bell of 1 lb or can of vegatables Bend ovderchair and put one arm on chair Then bring arm to chest start easy and do every day It will happen ...
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi, all, I've lost around 50 and even though my ticker says I have 70+ to go, I truthfully have about 95 pounds (give or take 5 pounds) to get to my overall goal.

I'd love to support and have support of anyone else on this journey!
  • JustRenea
    JustRenea Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I just started.. I have 140 to loose
  • brendasteve
    brendasteve Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    yep, i have 100 + i should lose!! It is a difficult journey to be on but I have found the mfp is the best tool to use!! I started about a month ago and am at 6 pounds, i could be doing better but i am just really becoming honest with my tracking and making it viewable to others so i can be accountable. I have found that being honest about what is going into your body is the best defense against the weight. Good luck to you!
  • hotpot83
    Options
    Thankyou all so much for your friends requests- your all awesome! :) I can do this with all you guys with me! :)
  • seabee78
    seabee78 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hello, Fellow Losers (weight losers).

At my biggest I was 335lbs. I got down to 280 and plateau'd. I guess I wasn't really trying hard enough. Started up again when a friend recommended myfitnesspal. I'm trying my hand at the Paleo Lifestyle. Basically, no grains or sugar.

Currently am at 271, my minor goal is to get to 250. See, I am a 52 yr old dialysis patient and I have to get under 250 to become active on the transplant list. After I reach my minor goal, my ultimate goal is to get back to my college "fighting weight" of 200lbs.

We all have a long journey to make, but remember...we took a lifetime of bad eating choices to get where we are. We can't expect it to fall off fast and easy. We can do this. Let's roll!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hey !!! I am on a fight to lose about 130 lbs or so. It's a fight of a life time. But I will do it .. Eventually!!!!! If you'd like to add me as a friend please feel free too! I am always looking for buddies!!!! :)
  • debbie389
    debbie389 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    i have lost about 120 pounds over the past two years through MFP but still have a ways to go. Losing 100 pounds is a big goal....too big for me in fact so i set smaller goals of 20 pounds and did not allow myself to think of anything else. We can all lose 20 pounds right?? then when i met that goal i would set another one. Anyway, that is what is working for me along with logging all my foods, getting active and staying in touch on MFP for encouragment
    I beleive we can reach our goals if we work TOGETHER!!

I had over 100lb to lose, down to 91lb now. I like the idea of having smaller goals of 20lb, and think I'm going to adopt this. when I think I've got 91lb still to go I get a bit disheartened, so I'm going for the 20lb goals.

:smile:
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I too have over 100lbs to lose. I started just over a week ago and there have been some tough days. I'm still trying to figure out how many calories I need to eat. MFP put me at 1270 a day and that just seemed too low for me. I upped my counter to 1600 for now and got a fitbit to help track things. I'm trying to eat more through out the day which is hard because then I'll feel like I'm living up to the sterotype that all fat people do is eat all the time. I wish I could add more fruits and veggies easily to my diet, but I have texture issues with most fruits or veggies. I have found for fruit that I can add it to a smoothie and it's pretty ok. For activity I've joined the 30 Day Shred group for Nov-Dec and will also be walking the dog more. I'm not sure how keen he's going to be on that since it's getting colder. I can tell I've had a bit of a mind set change already. I didn't eat very well on Saturday and Sunday (still logged everything as best I could) but Monday I was back on track and doing better. Good luck to everyone here!
  • Iowadolls
    Iowadolls Posts: 7
    Options
    I think of myself in the 100 lbs club as I got to 90 over. . I have dropped 40 lbs over the last years. I now have 50 more to my (my goal) I am 72 yr old and been having a problems over the years. Mainly I use food when I am upset and didn't plan my meals correctly when working. I can not do anything about the past....just learn from it.

You know you are making adjustment and plans for yourself. Each person is difference. I believe to easy myself into a correct eating pattern and exercise. Making adjustments as I go along. I really appreciate the charting of my goals. I really appreciate that I can share.

Keep going One step at a time. Changaround
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    lol 110 for me :(
  • Zydrata
    Zydrata Posts: 8
    Options
    I have 172 pounds to go. I've only lost 5 pounds so far, but considering I've only been working on this for 8 days I can't complain. :)

Good luck on your journey, and feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I've lost just under 130 so far but I have more to go! I know a lot of people say this but....if I can do it, so can you! :smile:

Anyone can feel free to add me! I log every sip and bite!
  • haidenmomma4life
    Options
    Great job on the weight already lost. I have been losing since last September. I have lost 65 pounds already and I have about 60 to go. Good luck and if you would like to add me please feel free to. thanks, Paula
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 180 pounds with another 28 or so to go. More then happy to take any friend requests :)
  • SKMC0214
    SKMC0214 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I still have over a hundred to lose also, love new motivational friends. Please feel free to add me also. :)
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Yup, more than a hundred to lose here! slow and steady wins the race.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    I had a total of 130+ to lose and im down 50 already. feel free to add me!
  • brady1490
    brady1490 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have about 120 to lose right now, and have lost about 12 total so far. I have tried many diets in the past, but have never fully committed myself to them. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired, so this is it! I decided I have to lose this weight before I turn 40, or I probably never will. I will be more than happy to be friends with any of you, we're all in the same boat and the more support, the better.