Mike’s Daily Rant 10/30/2012 Topic: Burger Buddies

Options
2»

Replies

• crazyola26
    crazyola26 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am feeling TOTALLY inspired after reading your post, Mike! Thank you for sharing this! 200lbs is an amazing feat!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I agree completely! Sometimes I do splurge more but it just means I have to work harder on those days. I was invited to an end of summer bbq at one friend's house and a saturday evening get-together at another friend's house, and both of them made sure to tell me there would be healthy/low cal/low fat options. 6 months ago none of my friends would've planned their party menus based on what I would eat! It feels good to be supported by the people who wish us well and want to see us succeed. Unfortunately I have another friend who stopped talking to me in 2007 when I lost nearly 70 lbs in 7 months. She started talking to me again when I fell off the wagon. And now that I'm getting healthy again...for keeps this time... she doesn't talk to me anymore. I wish we could do it together or she could just love me as a friend unconditionally fat or skinny because she is my oldest friend in the world. But we can't tell people how to feel. I know it stems from her own unhappiness because she is over 400 lbs. But I just keep moving forward. Your true friends will stick by you. I'm glad your burger buddies value your friendship enough that they respect your choices when hanging out with you and you influence them enough that they look to see what you're doing before makingtheir choices. That's how friends should be!

Wow Im sorry about your friend. She needs more motivation. The question is, who wants to be miserable alone? She feels as if you are leaving her behind but in actuality, you are inviting her along for the ride. Talk to her and tell her how you feel about HER not supporting YOU. Don't lose your friendship if you can help it. If it is a real freindship she will support you and maybe someday join you. Best of luck and congrats on your progress.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Nice. I am shocked!

Go spank yourself :laugh: :laugh:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I am feeling TOTALLY inspired after reading your post, Mike! Thank you for sharing this! 200lbs is an amazing feat!

Thank You very much.
  • jedrai
    jedrai Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    that was great!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Way to take control of your health! It is so inspirational to see someone who has taken responsibility and made changes to be a healthier person. So awesome & motivational - makes me want to to go the gym right now :)
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Well, it sounds like you have some pretty good friends.

And you sound like a good friend to them.

Keep being a role model. Nice post!! Thanks!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Awesome as usuall! I have a friend that always says, "Just so that YOU are aware when we "insert activity here; movie, bar, restaurant" I AM eating whatever I want" :wink: and I always say "Ok, me too" and then gives me the 'are you kidding me?" look when I get a salad :laugh:

Apparently, we have a friend in common. That is funny, but also a little sad.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That is sweet glad that you have people that respect your journey
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Way to take control of your health! It is so inspirational to see someone who has taken responsibility and made changes to be a healthier person. So awesome & motivational - makes me want to to go the gym right now :)

Go ahead my friend. The gym loves us!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Well, it sounds like you have some pretty good friends.

And you sound like a good friend to them.

Keep being a role model. Nice post!! Thanks!

Thanks Buddy!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    That is sweet glad that you have people that respect your journey

Thats what friends are for.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    You can pick your friends. You can pick your nose. But you shouldn't pick your friend's nose.
  • SGRHO23
    SGRHO23 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Nice. I am shocked!

Go spank yourself :laugh: :laugh:
    LOL. Yes Sir!!!