JUST SHOOT ME!!!!.....I hate halloween!!!

Options
So the baskets are out full of halloween candy at my work and i have devoured 7 reeses cups, 1 butterfiner, 3 whopper packs, 1 snickers, 2 milk duds and i am staring hard at a box of nerds! All from the "snack "size bags of course. Have you lost control? Do you say screw it i might as well call this day lost and keep on shovin it in? Is it because you deprive yourself for so long that once you have a taste its like a frenzy and you crave it. Or do i just need a slap in the face and someone to yell FOCUS!? AHHHH AM I ALONE???

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    *SLAP*

Okay, I had a few pieces of candy here and there, but I workout a little longer and a little harder to kind of make up for it :smile: WAIT TIL THANKSGIVING, then I'll really be in trouble!
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    (Judo chop)

because a sleeping bear is not an eating bear.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    thats a hard one - I have my halloween candy for the kids on a top shelf I can't reach. a little tougher for you being at work. I think I would have hit the nerds first :smile: I love nerds!! nothing you can do about it now, tomorrow try to limit it to 1 or 2.. and pick the best!:happy:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Have some self control..
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I hate halloween too. But not because of the candy. Candy is self control, use it as a motivator. Every time you pass it by is another small victory.

I hate halloween because I work in Salem, MA, the place where halloween starts in September, and there are a gazillion tourists from mid-September through halloween all filling up where I go to eat, taking my parking spaces, making getting in and out of work a nightmare with traffic...etc.

Don't mistake me, I love the holiday in general, just not the touristy stuff that happens where I work.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! I'm good with 1 piece if I have it with a meal, but if I just eat it by itself major major cravings kick in like an hour later and before you know it I have devoured handfulls...it's sad...I have an iron will and can resist anything...except temptation apparently...
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 fun size M&M's and 1 fun size crunch already today...YIKES!!!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    last year I was bad on Halloween! this year the candy is hidden and I will make myself log what candy I have in my hand to "steal" BEFORE I can eat it! I hope that keeps me behaved....
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    SLAP....Stay focused :bigsmile:
  • Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    So the baskets are out full of halloween candy at my work and i have devoured 7 reeses cups, 1 butterfiner, 3 whopper packs, 1 snickers, 2 milk duds and i am staring hard at a box of nerds! All from the "snack "size bags of course. Have you lost control? Do you say screw it i might as well call this day lost and keep on shovin it in? Is it because you deprive yourself for so long that once you have a taste its like a frenzy and you crave it. Or do i just need a slap in the face and someone to yell FOCUS!? AHHHH AM I ALONE???

I have eaten much more of this candy today than I want. But I logged it and then slapped myself and am drinking water trying sooooo hard to not eat another piece. It's not easy at all, but I'm not going to give up on the day just cause I shot over my sugar allotment.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    You dont hate halloween. You hate that you have no self control. For me, Im scared about Wednesday.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    exactly how I feel on xmas................. HATE HATE HATEEEEEEEEEEEE xmas!, im the biggest grinch around the world! :explode: :angry: :grumble:
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Our brains are hardwired to go for 3 things: sugar, salt, and fat. Candy has at least 2 if not 3 of those! That's why we have no self-control. You're NOT the only one!!!
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    hell no....ur not alone!! i did same on the weekend with the reeses cups.....i hated myself afterwards!
    i told hubby to get them outa my sight and into his truck.......and did he do that? NO! :explode: but so far today i haven't gone near them. good luck to you lol
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    Thank you!! for the *slaps* i cried a lil and laughed a lil you guys r great!! I am now focused but feelin kinda sick.:sick: I know i deserve it. I dont ever ever buy this stuff and i was like oh let me have a lil one. :explode: Ya no!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i can't stop stealing Reese's PB Cups from the candy bowl. they are like crack cocaine. i hope Halloween gets here soon.

damn you Mr. Reese, wherever you are!

child-angry.jpg
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I hate halloween too. But not because of the candy. Candy is self control, use it as a motivator. Every time you pass it by is another small victory.

I hate halloween because I work in Salem, MA, the place where halloween starts in September, and there are a gazillion tourists from mid-September through halloween all filling up where I go to eat, taking my parking spaces, making getting in and out of work a nightmare with traffic...etc.

Don't mistake me, I love the holiday in general, just not the touristy stuff that happens where I work.

I have never been to Salem and I am just dying to get up there - sorry I may be one of those tourists next Halloween!!
  • MED2012COLORADO
    Options
    i can't stop stealing Reese's PB Cups from the candy bowl. they are like crack cocaine. i hope Halloween gets here soon.

damn you Mr. Reese, wherever you are!

child-angry.jpg
    To cute!! LOL
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Seriously.... stop *****ing about it and make the right choice. All you are doing is making an excuse more prevailing. You either WANT to be healthier, or dont.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The day is only wasted if you decide it is. Stop now and don't do any more damage. Promise yourself one or two for tomorrow to have something to look forward to.