Do you have a breakfast staple that's NOT oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Banana "pancakes"

Smash 1 ripe banana thoroughly.
    Beat 2 whole eggs.
    Mix eggs and banana together.
    Cook on a hot griddle like a pancake.

I like it topped with warm blueberries/and or strawberries.

Nummy. Can't even taste the eggs.
  • Hadley_SM
    Hadley_SM Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are some awesome ideas in this thread! Thanks everyone! :)
  • sarahu4
    sarahu4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kefir!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    One more, I have discovered recently Luna Chocolate Peppermint Stick bars for when you are on the go. Soooooooooo heavenly.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This thread kind of makes me feel lazy to not get up early enough in the morning to make some of these delicious breakfasts. :(
  • tigtigs
    tigtigs Posts: 52
    Options
    smoothie: non fat milk, natures 3 berries from costco (frozen), frozen strawberries, fresh kale, fresh spinach and protein powder. Delicious, and you get a good start on your veggie servings for the day!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    high fiber/high protein cereal with soymilk and coffee

peanut butter and jelly sandwich on high protein bread or pita
  • shakarock
    shakarock Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I like make a smoothie of a cup of frozen strawberries, half a banana, a cup of unsweetened almond milk, and a spoonful of sweetener. It's delicious and surprisingly filling :)

Also, nonfat vanilla greek yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder and sweetener and some strawberries tastes great and gives a good balance of protein and carbs.
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    This thread kind of makes me feel lazy to not get up early enough in the morning to make some of these delicious breakfasts. :(

See my idea above, lol!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    french toast!

eggs, milk, wholemeal bread, organic peanut butter with salt reduced baked beans and a banana :)
  • kirbyland
    kirbyland Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have eaten the same breakfast almost every day for the past month...so far so good.
    2 pieces of Canadian Kub Rye Bread (toasted) - 118 Calories
    1/4 Avacado - 63 Calories
    1/4 cup NaturEgg Egg Whites - 30 Calories

Fry up the egg whites, cut slices of avocado spread it on the toast and voila a healthy fried egg sandwich! DELICIOUS!
  • ksizzle911
    ksizzle911 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have 2 favorites.

Spinach, Egg White and Cheese Breakfast Wrap (usually have this with fresh fruit)

1 whole wheat, low carb tortilla
    1/4 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup all white liquid egg whites
    1/4 cup baby spinach leaves

230 calories, 12 carbs, 7 fat, 28 protein, 7 fiber

Kefir Smoothie

1 cup lowfat, plain unsweetened Kefir
    1 cup frozen berries (I used mixed, but any kind will do)
    1 Tbsp agave nectar
    1 Tbsp golden flaxseeds

300 calories, 47 carbs, 7 fat, 16 protein, 9 fiber

Both are sooooo delicious. Kefir smoothie is a little high in calories and carbs, but it contains a healthy fat (flaxseeds) which I sometimes have trouble getting in on my diet and the carbs come from fruit and the kefir.
  • HealthyBrownChick
    Options
    I'm in the same sick of Oatmeal boat. I plan to try your sandwich which sounds yummy. But another sandwich I have been trying since last Thursday is:
    2 -Eggo Cinnamon Mini Waffles -200 cal
    1 slice -Oscar MayerTurkey Bacon -35 cals
    1 tblspn - Blueberry All Fruit -30 cals
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Weetbix + skim milk + banana + cinnamon.

love it.

(260ish cals)
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    I had a suggestion until I read all your idea's......... and the low calories they have............sounds like you got this in the bag already!

Way to go!.............btw...............oatmeal is one of my new staples............with some other stuff...........less healthy than what your considering....
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    I eat curry for breakfast. Usually its just meat, veggies broth and spices. I cant stand eggs and dont like eating unnecessary carbs, so most traditional breakfasts are out. I also eat chorizo with 1/2 a potato for brunch on the weekends, I can afford more calories/carbs when pooling breakfast and lunch.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    1 cup Multigrain Cheerios and 1/2 cup 2% milk. It fills me up for the most part.
  • Rockstar1951
    Options
    Small serving of Kellogg's Raisin Bran (no added sugar), 3-4 oz 1% milk, medium banana, hot tea w/o sugar. Had IBS (mild) and this cleared it up in less than 3 weeks, in addition to being pretty tasty. But it does use up the vast majority of allowed sugar in one meal.
  • hbspdx
    hbspdx Posts: 4
    Options
    Hummus and corn thins. four tablespoons of hummus (whole foods roasted red pepper- yum!) and four corn thins are 232 calories. I find the hummus fills me up...
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Kashi's Go Lean cereal (has same protein as one egg and lots of fiber) with blueberries (great anti-oxidants) and skim milk- yum!