I need help

Options
OK so i do not usually go to the Gym on Sunday but I am going out of town for a week and the fitness center at the hotel does not have any weightlifting equipment for legs.

So today I went and did legs.
4 sets of squats
4 sets of leg press
3 sets of leg curls
3 set of face down lying leg curls
3 sets of leg extensions
3 set of crunches and 3 sets of hanging leg raises

Well I walk out of the gym and it had warmed up considerably. We have had rain every couple of days for the last month or so and my lawn is in poor shape So i mowed it after my workout. I am going to be sittin gin a car for 4 hours driving early in the am.

Any suggestions for this evenings recovery?

I got 40 grams of protein right after the gym and plenty of water
30 minutes post workout I took my creatine supplement

Replies

• RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    OK so i do not usually go to the Gym on Sunday but I am going out of town for a week and the fitness center at the hotel does not have any weightlifting equipment for legs.

So today I went and did legs.
    4 sets of squats
    4 sets of leg press
    3 sets of leg curls
    3 set of face down lying leg curls
    3 sets of leg extensions
    3 set of crunches and 3 sets of hanging leg raises

Well I walk out of the gym and it had warmed up considerably. We have had rain every couple of days for the last month or so and my lawn is in poor shape So i mowed it after my workout. I am going to be sittin gin a car for 4 hours driving early in the am.

Any suggestions for this evenings recovery?

I got 40 grams of protein right after the gym and plenty of water
    30 minutes post workout I took my creatine supplement
  • alaskagal
    alaskagal Posts: 326
    Options
    Sorry, I don't have any suggestions about your recovery this evening. Good job on doing the workout and mowing.....

I'm just in shock that you are mowing your lawn.....we can't even see our lawn yet due to the snow.:laugh:

Good luck on staying with the program during your week of traveling.

:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I for one am a firm believer in good old fashioned hot baths with epsom salts.

And a couple of anti-inflammatories (like Advil) help as well.

• dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    rest my dear, rest. with any good muscle workout, your body needs 24 hrs of recovery to rebuild.
  • tpdance
    tpdance Posts: 21
    Options
    as mentioned: good nite's rest, hot bath followed by some stretching, and choco milk after workout has been used in some studies to see its affect w/ muscle soreness and those studies say have helped. Do the same tomorrow (warm up muscles stretch good) b/c of DOMS, u may not feel much tomorrow and feel more of it Tuesday - if ur muscles are like mine. :-) Good job on the workout!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    MOW!!! gosh i miss grass. anyway.. yeah rest... sometimes i enjoy easy stretching
  • RKJR925
    RKJR925 Posts: 254
    Options
    Funny thing is we had snow on the ground in Alabama yesterday and today it was warm enough to dry up the ground enough to mow.
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    I for one am a firm believer in good old fashioned hot baths with epsom salts.

And a couple of anti-inflammatories (like Advil) help as well.

I agree. Epsom salts can work wonders!