Eating at night is the hardest part of my day.....

Options
13»

Replies

• xxloveiswarr
    Options
    I brush my teeth and drink lots of water.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    What is the difference between what you do at night and what you do in the day?

My guess is night time is when you slow down and relax. You probably have a physiological link between relaxing and wanting to graze. Most links like this can be broken within a week or two, but easily be reestablished.

When you meal plan make look at what you are eating and when. My guess would be that you are eating a bigger evening meal than mid-day meal. During the day I assume you do not feel as strong a need to graze as you do at night. From this it is fair to say you cannot be needing the food in the evening but only wanting it. Keep this in mind in the evenings and your cravings will more than likely subside over the course of a week or two.

Alternatively change your routine in the evening so you are not sitting down to relax until later on allowing 30 minutes or so before bed to calm down to ensure you are not effecting your sleeping but you are busy enough to stop the cravings rearing their head.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am with the others that say save your calories for the evening. I eat 4 meals per day and still save around 600 calories for an evening snack while I watch t.v or stalk Facebook. Popcorn, cheese and crackers with a mini cheesecake and sometimes I even have a second sweet snack. WIN!

Of course it helps that I eat 2100 calories per day, lol.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I find having someone else to do stops me from eating at night. I have crafts I do while watching tv that keeps food out of my mouth and I've learned to go to bed early when the cravings start too. I find I eat when I'm bored, so if I'm not bored I don't eat. I just need to find something else to do...
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    My two helpers are sugar free jello and decaf coffee. We have a Keurig and I'll brew a cup of decaf with some sugar free french vanilla creamer. I'll sip it and it helps with hunger. The jello is 10 calories and sweet. They both help!
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I had/have this problem, but I have it less now. I set myself a challenge to not eat after dinner for 30 days. I drew up a chart and put it on the fridge and gave myself a gold star each morning if I hadn't eaten the night before. I told myself if I missed one night, I would have to throw out all my stars and start at the beginning again.

The first night was hard. Like REALLY hard. I kept telling myself "I can do anything for just one night" and I got my first star. The second night was hard too. The third night was OK - I was doing some sewing. By the tenth night it was getting easy! I cruised through the rest of the 30 days.

Since then I now struggle occasionally with eating after dinner, but i usually save enough cals for a bowl of popcorn or custard, and I'm not so inclined to just keep eating once I've started. I guess I just needed that kick to break the habit, and here's the most important thing...

I realized I don't need to be eating to be relaxed!!! I can enjoy my quiet evening at home without eating.

I hope this helps you, it really helped me.

AHH! This is genius!!