Suggestions for DETOXING

Options

Replies

• bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Talk to your family doctor about the myths of detoxing and have her explain how the human body works.

I love you, man.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    When I do...I drink lots of water all day...NO processed foods. Only foods grown fresh, and very mean cutsof meats. I try and eat this way everyday now. I'm careful which yogurt and other dairy I buy some hves lots of fillers & junk in them. I grate my own cheese...the pre-grated have starch in them. I stay clear of sugar also.

Good luck

Thank you! This is the type of help I am asking for! :smile: Not rude people asking me if I'm on drugs or have body problems.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Slappin' da bass.
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers. Get it together folks! If you want to offer people advice, do it in a humble way. Remeber that what works for you, does not work for everyone so if the subject matter does not pertain to you or how you achieved your success then why even respond or share snobby input? Sometimes its better to just google things because one would THINK that coming here for sound advice from actual people is best but clearly its not.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    Try Whole30; nothing but meats, veggies and fruits. I'm on day 11 and feel fantastic. Read more at http://whole9life.com.

Thank you! I will definitely check it out!
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible couple of weeks of eating and no exercise. I feel bloated and gross. I was a asking for help on some type of cleanse. I don't have a drug/alcohol problem! Thanks

If it was just more food than you intended, then I don't see what there is to detox, aside from normally eliminated waste. Eat a little less, move a little more.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means.

Yes, we know what it means. Our point is that it's a bunch of nonsense.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Raw Juice for 1-2 days (juice yourself)

http://www.thebestofrawfood.com/raw-food-detox.html

I also like:

Morning Green Juice:
    1 med/large cucumber
    2 large celery
    1 cup spinach
    (juiced)

Sunshine Juice:
    1 Apple (Honey Crisp or Fuji or what ever you like)
    1/2 red bell pepper
    1/2 orange bell pepper
    1/2 peeled lemon
    2 carrots
    1 cup of greens (any type)
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers. Get it together folks! If you want to offer people advice, do it in a humble way. Remeber that what works for you, does not work for everyone so if the subject matter does not pertain to you or how you achieved your success then why even respond or share snobby input? Sometimes its better to just google things because one would THINK that coming here for sound advice from actual people is best but clearly its not.

I can honestly hold my hand up and say I have no idea what detoxing is, or what a toxin is, or how it enters or leaves the body.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers.

It's what happens when people ask about baseless fads and/or woowoo bollocks. See the raspberry ketones thread for further observation. Or anywhere on the internet that references homeopathy. I don't agree with being rude, condescending or smug for the sake of it, but sometimes a stupid question needs a stupid answer.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options

Thank you. I am not going to post anymore threads. I feel like I am being attacked and being talked down to for asking a question on a site that is suppose to help with weight loss and the journey ther. It's sad that people have to be so rude and immature.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Your own body detoxifies without upsetting the delicate balance of the "system". Don't mess with it!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and whole, unprocessed foods!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    ShockTop??
  • Sw33ts83
    Sw33ts83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use a herbal detox every 3 months called Wild Rose Herbal Detox. You can buy it at most Health Food Stores and GNC locations. My in-laws have been doing this detox for years and I have to say I feel amazing afterwards.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I am not going to post anymore threads. I feel like I am being attacked and being talked down to for asking a question on a site that is suppose to help with weight loss and the journey ther. It's sad that people have to be so rude and immature.

They're not attacking you; they're attacking the people responding with "helpful" suggestions. The best thing you could do is just eat better for a few days and get some exercise, and you will feel better. If you feel bloated, drink extra water and avoid too much salt and sugar. A lot of "detoxes" come with some really nasty side-effects.
  • Time2LightenUp
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers.

It's what happens when people ask about baseless fads and/or woowoo bollocks. See the raspberry ketones thread for further observation. Or anywhere on the internet that references homeopathy. I don't agree with being rude, condescending or smug for the sake of it, but sometimes a stupid question needs a stupid answer.

I don't think it's a stupid question or I wouldn't have asked it. Why say anything? Why not be an adult and not say anything if you have nothing positive to contribute to the thread?
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    ^^ Now this isn't help at all but thank you!

Goes back to my original question, what do you mean by detoxing?

Getting rid of, ya know, the stuff.

What "stuff"?

If you're talking about dropping a deuce, get some laxitives or Jillian Micheals detox and cleanse pills.
  • onefuzzy
    onefuzzy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is not bad at all, as long as you are doing it properly. With a good detox you should always eat and consult your doctor or nutritionist to see what is right for your body.

I did the metagenics detox and loved it. They have a 10 day and 28 day program.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/310235-metagenics-detox-diet/

https://images.vortala.com/chiropractor/USA/NY/Midtown West Manhattan/PP2187InnateChiropracticManhattan/documents/Patient Detox Guide.pdf

I also just finished reading Kris Carr's Crazy, Sexy Diet and she has a 21 day program that includes a lot of juicing and raw foods.

Make sure you educate yourself and do what is right for YOUR body.