Suggestions for DETOXING

Options

Replies

• blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    don't put yourself through the pain................o never mind you're going to anyway
  • SmartSysta
    SmartSysta Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Rebooting is awesome, but you must watch the cost. That is what got to me. The organic fruits and vegetables cost 2-3 times more than the pesticide / GMO versions. I nearly went broke trying to keep up, so that's the only downfall to this - unless you have the funds to sustain this kind of cleansing. Good luck - SmartSysta
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Just because you don't like the answer does not mean that people are being mean to you.

Perhaps they are trying to help you avoid the cost of a useless "process" or product.

Perhaps the fact that you ask about detoxifying your body without any other information leads people to misinterpret your question.

Telling someone to speak with a medical professional about how their body works is not being condescending, it is being the most helpful possible on a public forum where no one knows all the info about you and your situation.

bump.

Your body naturally detoxs, just have a look at the wikis for the liver for example, honestly OP. Look over what you ate that has caused you to feel bloated and you'll realise what went wrong.

The effects of a detox are purely plecbo, as many medical professionals will argue, so why argue with the professionals?
  • 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Dont listen to the nonsense. People just want to act better than everyone else on here. If they would just not respond to threads that they cant relate to then the world would be a better place but they always want to attack and put their irrelevant input! Detoxing is not a fad unless of course you are trying to do it for long term weight loss. My actual nutritionist recomends a natural juice detox along with whole and unprocessed foods. But of course their will be people on here who are against everything!

What "toxins" did you have in your body that juice was able to get rid of and your liver and kidneys weren't?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Detoxing is not a fad unless of course you are trying to do it for long term weight loss. My actual nutritionist recomends a natural juice detox ...

So it's Kool-Aid, and you've drunk it?

For pete's sake, take a biology course or something.
  • goddess2go
    goddess2go Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    help your body to 'detox' by eating fresh, whole veggies, fruit and drink plenty of warm lemon water for a couple of days and your organs will kick in and do the rest. If you 'detox' to lose weight it is the wrong path. Do it the right way.
  • thethingirlinside
    Options
    I have freinds that detox every 3-6 months its healthy and needed.
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have freinds that detox every 3-6 months its healthy and needed.
    Show me a study that isn't a website trying to sell me something that backs this up.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Exactly! Dont listen to the nonsense. People just want to act better than everyone else on here. If they would just not respond to threads that they cant relate to then the world would be a better place but they always want to attack and put their irrelevant input! Detoxing is not a fad unless of course you are trying to do it for long term weight loss. My actual nutritionist recomends a natural juice detox along with whole and unprocessed foods. But of course their will be people on here who are against everything!

that's not it. people don't want her to waste her time and money on hocus pocus voodoo BS like cleanses. your body doesn't need to be "detoxed". it does that on its own. with its kidneys and liver. your body is not filled with toxins that you have to spend money to remove (unless it's a very rare situation like heavy metal poisoning from working in a gold mine or something like that). in the old days, there were people who would travel from town to town selling "cure all remedies" that were guaranteed to fix all ailments known to man. they would sell their tonic to the ignorant (this does not mean stupid, just uninformed) and then quickly move on to the next town before the townspeople became wise to their scam. these people were called Snake Oil Salesmen.

Snake Oil Salesmen still exist, but alot of them now work in the "health industry" peddling junk like cleanses and all sorts of diet and weight loss scams. it's big business for them because they know there are alot of ignorant (this does not mean stupid, just uninformed) people out there ready to pay their hard earned $$$ for shortcuts that don't work.

remember the old saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted".
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    ^^ Now this isn't help at all but thank you!

Goes back to my original question, what do you mean by detoxing?

Getting rid of, ya know, the stuff.
    lol detoxing
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    It'd be great if people who want their beliefs codified by other posters would just TELL us what answer they want to hear. My mind reading ability hasn't manifested yet. :laugh:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

that's not it. people don't want her to waste her time and money on hocus pocus voodoo BS like cleanses. your body doesn't need to be "detoxed". it does that on its own. with its kidneys and liver. your body is not filled with toxins that you have to spend money to remove (unless it's a very rare situation like heavy metal poisoning from working in a gold mine or something like that). in the old days, there were people who would travel from town to town selling "cure all remedies" that were guaranteed to fix all ailments known to man. they would sell their tonic to the ignorant (this does not mean stupid, just uninformed) and then quickly move on to the next town before the townspeople became wise to their scam. these people were called Snake Oil Salesmen.

Snake Oil Salesmen still exist, but alot of them now work in the "health industry" peddling junk like cleanses and all sorts of diet and weight loss scams. it's big business for them because they know there are alot of ignorant (this does not mean stupid, just uninformed) people out there ready to pay their hard earned $$$ for shortcuts that don't work.

remember the old saying, "a fool and his money are soon parted".

That's why I got into the industry.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    This is my detox routine:

8 hour fast where I think no negative thoughts.
    2 hours of meditation while listening to eagle sounds and drinking nest tea. (That's not nestea, that's tea made from nests.)
    This is followed by 2 hours of meditation, naked in a natural stream (ocean is better, but only if the beach isn't polluted!!) listening to dolphin sounds and drinking warm coconut water. It's important that it's warm. You don't want to hurt your body by making it warm up cold water.

Once that is done, you need to go 8 additional hours without seeing the color Green. You must only look at orange/yellow/red. This is because it is fall. In the spring you may look at green. This will cleanse your mind's color pallette and detox you from previous toxic memories from the last season. Personally, I'd wear a translucent yellow blindfold, but I'm lazy like that.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I find some of the people on these boards quite ridiculous. They clearly know what a detox means. I dont understand how people who once where something that they might not be today become so snobby about everything. All humility goes out the window and people want to act like they are nutritionists, dieticians, physicians and personal trainers.

It's what happens when people ask about baseless fads and/or woowoo bollocks. See the raspberry ketones thread for further observation. Or anywhere on the internet that references homeopathy. I don't agree with being rude, condescending or smug for the sake of it, but sometimes a stupid question needs a stupid answer.

You don't agree with being rude, condescending or smug and you posted that? Nailed it!
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Seriously - I have no idea what a detox detoxifies.

Can anyone explain what the idea behind detoxes are?
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Making money from credulous people.
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Getting rid of thetans, or something.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    This is my detox routine:

8 hour fast where I think no negative thoughts.
    2 hours of meditation while listening to eagle sounds and drinking nest tea. (That's not nestea, that's tea made from nests.)
    This is followed by 2 hours of meditation, naked in a natural stream (ocean is better, but only if the beach isn't polluted!!) listening to dolphin sounds and drinking warm coconut water. It's important that it's warm. You don't want to hurt your body by making it warm up cold water.

Once that is done, you need to go 8 additional hours without seeing the color Green. You must only look at orange/yellow/red. This is because it is fall. In the spring you may look at green. This will cleanse your mind's color pallette and detox you from previous toxic memories from the last season. Personally, I'd wear a translucent yellow blindfold, but I'm lazy like that.

seinfeld-bania.jpg
  • courtneylduncan
    Options
    Hi! I wasn't really sure what kind of detox you meant, and, being a recovering drug addict myself, I automatically assumed that's what you meant. I know a little about that kind of detox, and trust me, it's not a rude slam to ask...it's just trying to illicit some info! The kind of detox you do mean...I know a little about that, too, and I found it out by accident- you've been told my "little secret" again and again, but I will repeat it anyway. Lot's of water, no processed food, organic if you can swing it, lot's of fruits and veggies. This is how I eat all the time now, and when I "cheat", oh, I get so sick. Also, lot's of walking has been invaluable to me. I hate that yucky bloated feeling. Hope this helps!
    Have a great day.
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Getting rid of thetans, or something.

Sounds like genocide to me