eating after a work out..when?

Options
13»

Replies

• NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    ARG. This comes up so often. It ABSOLUTELY does NOT matter when you eat so long as you get everything you need at some point during the day.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that exact study exists. I don't see how anyone could conduct such an experiment and maintain controls appropriate for a scientific study. The CBL book explains, with thorough peer reviewed scientific research backing, MTR, GLUT, and several other nutrient timing related subjects.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that exact study exists. I don't see how anyone could conduct such an experiment and maintain controls appropriate for a scientific study. The CBL book explains, with thorough peer reviewed scientific research backing, MTR, GLUT, and several other nutrient timing related subjects.

Apparently that book is the final word on everything.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    but I like to do it within 30 mins

My kind of lady....How YOU doing?
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options

Apparently that book is the final word on everything.

No, but it's the most thoroughly researched and interesting piece (EDIT: on building muscle and cutting fat) I've read. That's why I recommend it and I've had good results implementing the program.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    My nutritionist/dietician says within 30 minutes - about 200 calories and 8-10gms of protein. I don't know if she was talkinga bout everyone or me at the level Im at now. But i just makes sense to me to have some cals and some protein afte a workout - to help the body rebuild, and to help fuel the metabolism.