WTF is a thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Suddenly everyone seems to be talking about thigh gaps--what are they talking about? It just sounds weird. Like, a tooth gap in your thighs?

1.jpg
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    It is a casual apparel thigh that has struggled since the late 90's due to being sandwiched between a lower and higher sister company, those companies being Thigh Banana Republic and Thigh Old Navy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap = ***n rest....same thing.
    Overrated
    I'm really struggling to figure out what is censored in that statement. I think my "bad word" vocabulary is pretty limited.

Chin
  • tomcat941
    tomcat941 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I think she was just saying that she thought the person looked good in the before picture as well as in the after picture. i think some people find it attractive because it's appearing in a lot of magazines now, and a low of celebrities have it, which makes it desireable. However, it's mainly due to bone structure. You can't get it if you have narrow hips.
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m70an5EOPi1r97gquo1_1280.jpg this might help you understand.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Suddenly everyone seems to be talking about thigh gaps--what are they talking about? It just sounds weird. Like, a tooth gap in your thighs?

1.jpg

Bah ha ha! winner!

/thread
  • paine016
    paine016 Posts: 77 Member
    Options

1.jpg

Magical vagina?
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Some weird goal that a lot of girls go after. It's mostly due to genetics though so I don't know why so many people think they can achieve it by dropping to a really low weight.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    they're pretty hot when chicks have them.
  • WaltSeher
    Options
    is it against the rules to say I like the before pic in the above?

WHY ARE YOU SO MEAN!!!

YOU'RE OBVIOUSLY JEALOUS!!!

HATER!!!
    How is this a mean comment?
  • Lennox497
    Lennox497 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    thighgap.jpg

Thigh gap is just what it says - a gap between your thighs.

Someone beat me to it. I was going to suggest checking out the Chive's post for "Mind the Gap"

KCCO
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    LOL I asked this question on my feed one day a while back... I seriously was like, "what on Earth is this thing every already-super-rail-thin girl wants so bad???" LOL.
  • hannahbaby417
    Options
    It is a casual apparel thigh that has struggled since the late 90's due to being sandwiched between a lower and higher sister company, those companies being Thigh Banana Republic and Thigh Old Navy.

Best comment ever.
  • WaltSeher
    Options

1.jpg

Magical vagina?
    Oooh! A light! At the end of the tunnel!! lmao sorry, couldnt help myself!
  • kaycepo
    kaycepo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    HAHAHAHA That was great!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    why anyone else cares what others want for their own body amazes me. Who cares? If its not for you, its not for you. If others want it, let them have at it and worry with getting your own body the way YOU want it.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    it just means your thighs don't touch when you stand with your feet together. obviously, when you are heavier, your thighs are going to touch each other, and some people, no matter how thin they are, may still have touching thighs because that's just the way they are built.
    it is not weird or unnatural and does not make you look like a 12 year old as some people here have suggested, it is just the way some people are built and others are not, but it more likely to occur when you are thin
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't want a "thigh gap" where I look like a waddling bird-legged flamingo.... but I WOULD like to get to a point where I don't have to put baby powder on my inner thighs to keep them from chaffing because they're so dang flabby :grumble:
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    << is that a thigh gap?!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I remember a thigh gap meant you were a "sl*t".... Wow times have changed.