WTF is a thigh gap?

Options

Replies

• CinScotland
    Options
    Pretty sure that's the best answer ever. Poor Gap, it struggles but I like it so much better.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    So it still counts even if you're pulling your thighs apart? Looks like anyone can achieve this!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    << is that a thigh gap?!

No, your feet have to be touching.
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    << is that a thigh gap?!

No, your feet have to be touching.

LOL oh!
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap= weird lookin.
    It's like having a hole where there shouldnt be one..

but,thats just me.

hey! i have a thigh gap, lol
    i discovered it one day sitting outside and i tried to put my phone in my lap and it fell right thru, lol.
    it all has to do with bone structure apparently.
    im 142lbs, 5'7, theres probly taller and lighter girls that still dont have one tho.
    it has not much to do with how small you are and more to do with ur natural build.
    unless youre nothing but bones, then yes, youd prob have one too. lol
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THE THIGH GAP!
    :drinker:
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I remember a thigh gap meant you were a "sl*t".... Wow times have changed.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I remember a thigh gap meant you were a "sl*t".... Wow times have changed.
    LOL me too! I thought I was the only one. My sister and I were just talking about that.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered if you have be standing straight up, because my "thigh gap" is a lot bigger when I lean forward in that pre-teen-self-photo-shoot-in-a-mirror pose. If you want one, bend over. Might be more useful in that position anyway :wink:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

I hate the Chive at times. Really? Half of those girls are standing with their legs spread, that does not make a thigh gap, posers..

mind-the-gap-41-10

And what is with this? Shirt pulled up to show just a tiny corner of her hip bone/ stomach? Is this how people take pics of themselves? Because that is completely normal looking, probably her facebook profile pic too.
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I like my breasts and butt just the way they are, so I will never have one.....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, a lot of women want to look like 12 year old girls whos thighs dont touch when they walk. I dont get it. Id rather have thicker thighs than chicken legs. I dont think they realize that its how your built, not necessarily how skinny you are....

Was the body shaming in the first part of your comment necessary for the more accurate second part?
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Never had one ever. Even at a very thin weight. I don't think I am missing much.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    is it against the rules to say I like the before pic in the above?

I like the before pic too.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The 12 year old comment was gross. I wonder how people would take it if someone used some pejorative term against fat people.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    why anyone else cares what others want for their own body amazes me. Who cares? If its not for you, its not for you. If others want it, let them have at it and worry with getting your own body the way YOU want it.

So if I'm a healthy weight, young girl (who the majority of "thigh gap desirous" people tend to be) and I decide to eat 500 calories a week to aim for that... then that's ok? There is a highhighHIGH association between "thigh gap" and "pro-ana/mia" communities and ED behaviors.

Or, on the flip side, is it healthy for me to dislike my own body and desperately want a super thin, hipless figure if I HAVE wideset hips and that's never going to change? Body acceptance is different than body "desire"--thigh gap has EVERYTHING to do with the set of your hips and much less to do with your weight.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, a lot of women want to look like 12 year old girls whos thighs dont touch when they walk. I dont get it. Id rather have thicker thighs than chicken legs. I dont think they realize that its how your built, not necessarily how skinny you are....

Hater.
  • aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    its what happens when you get a girl liquored up enough

omg, lol
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I used to want one when I was younger only because all the cool skinny girls had one. Now I just want to get rid of the fat on my thighs. The gap will just be the end result of my accomplishment....I suppose...
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    why anyone else cares what others want for their own body amazes me. Who cares? If its not for you, its not for you. If others want it, let them have at it and worry with getting your own body the way YOU want it.

So if I'm a healthy weight, young girl (who the majority of "thigh gap desirous" people tend to be) and I decide to eat 500 calories a week to aim for that... then that's ok? There is a highhighHIGH association between "thigh gap" and "pro-ana/mia" communities and ED behaviors.

Or, on the flip side, is it healthy for me to dislike my own body and desperately want a super thin, hipless figure if I HAVE wideset hips and that's never going to change? Body acceptance is different than body "desire"--thigh gap has EVERYTHING to do with the set of your hips and much less to do with your weight.

Um, not sure why you would want to attack me. I merely stated to let people do what people want to do. In no way, shape or form was I promoting anorexia or anything else. That was QUITE the assumption. And WHERE pray tell did I EVER say one WORD about weight?!? I said worry not about others bodies and worry about your own. But, thanks for trying to put words in my mouth....

On a more positive note, one HEALTHY way to get a thigh gap is to lose body fat.