Have I gone crazy???

Options
Ok, so the hubby an I are going on a little "mini-vacation" this Thursday. We'll be staying in a hotel for three days, but he has some courses to do for work so he'll be gone all day.

Anyway, at first I just thought I would wing it on the food front, but have since decided to do this:

I'm bringing a bowl and spoon so I can eat my oatmeal.
I'm weighing out my snacks for those days, and bringing them with me.
I plan to go get "hotel friendly" groceries the first day, so I'll have bananas, apples, baby carrots, my oatmeal, and some milk.
I'm also going to boil some eggs and bring those too.
I'm contemplating bringing my food scale(for my fresh foods) and a measuring cup for my milk (is that too far? Does that make me nuts? Lol)

So my days should be ok, so I won't worry too much about what happens at night. He'll want to go out and eat, and I'm perfectly ok with chicken Ceasar salad....in fact, I love it! Lol

So, am I crazy? Or prepared? Lol.

Replies

• stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i dont think it makes you nuts! bring that food scale!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    having healthy snacks on hand is a good idea, the scale and measuring cup are a little nutty
  • lharvey2797
    lharvey2797 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds like good planning on your part and like you are very dedicated to your goals......NOT Crazy!
    Good Luck!:smile:
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Your prepared!! You seem to have a handle on what you think needs done :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Seems a little excessive to me. By all means plan what you're going to eat ahead of time and make good choices.... but COME ON! I highly doubt three days is going to set you back. It's a special occasion and i would hate having to limit myself on vacation.

I personally would eat what I want to eat when im there (within reason) and get back on track when you come back.

:)

Just my two cents.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If it's not a hassle for you, then good for you for staying dedicated!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    having healthy snacks on hand is a good idea, the scale and measuring cup are a little nutty

Hahaha! I know!! If I bring them, it'll make me happy....but I'm sure he'll look at me like I've lost it! Lmao! Maybe I can hide them in the bottom of my bag?? Hmmm.....hahahaha!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Seems a little excessive to me. By all means plan what you're going to eat ahead of time and make good choices.... but COME ON! I highly doubt three days is going to set you back. It's a special occasion and i would hate having to limit myself on vacation.

I personally would eat what I want to eat when im there (within reason) and get back on track when you come back.

Just my two cents.

Great advice!! Unfortunately I have a really big "moderation" problem lol. I can totally see myself getting hungry, and since "no ones watching" eating a bunch of McDonald's, and pretending that I didn't lmao!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Ok, so the hubby an I are going on a little "mini-vacation" this Thursday. We'll be staying in a hotel for three days, but he has some courses to do for work so he'll be gone all day.

Anyway, at first I just thought I would wing it on the food front, but have since decided to do this:

I'm bringing a bowl and spoon so I can eat my oatmeal.
    I'm weighing out my snacks for those days, and bringing them with me.
    I plan to go get "hotel friendly" groceries the first day, so I'll have bananas, apples, baby carrots, my oatmeal, and some milk.
    I'm also going to boil some eggs and bring those too.
    I'm contemplating bringing my food scale(for my fresh foods) and a measuring cup for my milk (is that too far? Does that make me nuts? Lol)

So my days should be ok, so I won't worry too much about what happens at night. He'll want to go out and eat, and I'm perfectly ok with chicken Ceasar salad....in fact, I love it! Lol

So, am I crazy? Or prepared? Lol.

Be yourself girl!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

Just my two cents.

I agree with you Rainbowbow!! I don't worry about food on vacations. I like to get out, enjoy the culture, try new foods and eat things I love! I have been known to bring a few sensible snack foods along to avoid the hotel vending machine and to sneak a work out or two in if there's a gym and we have time.
  • rickerred12
    Options
    Nope not crazy, just dedicated. When I go away for weekend tournaments hockey, baseball I pre-plan all my meals and bring em with me.
  • dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My husband plans our vacations and he makes sure we get a condo with a full kitchen so I can cook all of our meals. I bring my weights and work out videos. I may sound crazier than you. I know that is covered and we all have a wonderful time.
  • lizzylily16
    Options
    I think the measuring cup and scale might be a tad far, but I think bringing healthy hotel friendly foods so you don't run across the street and binge on junk food is a phenomenal idea! Enjoy!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know about crazy, but it sounds a bit obsessive to me. And I think it's amusing that you'd be that overly strict during the day but be 'okay with' caesar salad. Don't get me wrong, I love and occasionally eat caesar salad. But it is a very high calorie salad for someone so strict that they travel with a food scale and boiled eggs.
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I could use your dedication, lady!

Keep up the good work :)
  • mandapanda001
    mandapanda001 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think if it doesn't bother you to bring your scale or cause you any hardship then go ahead. It's your life and what you choose to do is on you and I say good for you for being prepared, I know I probably wouldn't even think to do that because I stress out about other details, lol! good luck and good for you!
  • jeleda913
    Options
    I vote for prepared, not nutty! If you're truly trying to make a lifestyle change, then your eating habbits need to change regardless of where you are. Even though it's a special occassion, it's good to plan ahead to keep yourself on track. Especially now that the holidays are coming up, there will be many "specail occassions" that will tempt you food wise. It's not bad to indulge, but if you plan ahead, it'll be easier to keep it in moderation. Also, I know for myself that when i go off my plan for "special occassions" it just makes it that much harder to be good afterwards.
  • hdjjones
    hdjjones Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think thats all good.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options

I agree. If it's just to weigh some fruit and milk, I'd go ahead and eyeball it for 3 days. But whatever keeps you on track is a good thing.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Go for walks and check out a museum or most hotels have a swimming pool and or gym. Take work out clothes. The more you burn during the day the more you can eat when you go out for dinner.:happy: