What's for dinner?

Options

Replies

• NickLavato
    Options
    Totally lacking inspiration for dinner so I figured I'd ask what everyone else is having to get some ideas.

Chicken Parm, Baked chicken with Panko over multigrain pasta and red sauce. Usually is less than 500 cal also :)
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Can never go wrong with fish or shrimp tacos.
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    Grilled turkey burger topped with sauted mushrooms and swiss cheese on a whole wheat bun and sweet potato fries.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/search?q=Fiery+pork+tenderloin

Skinnytaste's Sweet and Fiery Pork Tenderloin with wild rice and roasted cauliflower ....mmmm, can't wait :)
  • saffronblue
    saffronblue Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Roasted fall veggies, carrots, beets and sweet potatoes. Broiled lean chuck steak. Sauteed kale with leeks.
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Options
    beef and barley soup, courtesy of skinnytaste.com
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    No idea, hubby is cooking since I work late, but probably something with either fish or chicken. I'm not worried, he's on board with my goals and I have about 900 calories left. ^_^
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Leftover beef shortribs cooked in the crockpot with low-sodium beef broth, diced tomates, onions and lots of garlic over rice cooked with diced tomatoes and garlic with a salad and dressing (not sure which kind yet). :bigsmile:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Stuffed green peppers...with 97/3 beef, onions, mushroom, ricotta cheese, a little egg white, and a little tomato sauce ( nothing added to it)
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Tonight will be boneless sirloin pork chop with Dijon mustard, frozen broccoli/cauliflower and seasoned french fries with reduced fat sour cream
  • BubblySharon
    BubblySharon Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Turkey burgers, mini potatoes and peas tonight
  • mispotatohead
    mispotatohead Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Southwest Pizza.

The kids love it and it's a sneaky way to get them to eat some black beans.

I use 1# lean ground beef and leave out half of the cheese. Nutrional info is based on the recipe as written. Wehn I plug it into MFP recipes it comes to about 500 calories for 1/10th of the recipe. Makes enough for 8 - 10 hearty servings.

Original recipe below:

Ingredients
    •1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    •3/4 cup cornmeal
    •1/4 cup sugar
    •2 teaspoons baking powder
    •1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    •1 teaspoon chili powder
    •1/2 teaspoon salt
    •1 cup milk
    •1/4 cup vegetable oil
    •1 egg
    •3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    •3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    •TOPPING:
    •1-1/2 pounds ground beef
    •2/3 cup water
    •2 envelopes taco seasoning, divided
    •2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
    •1-3/4 cups (10 ounces each) shredded cheddar cheese
    •1-3/4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    •1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
    •1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
    •1 cup salsa

Directions
    •In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, cayenne, chili powder and salt. Combine the milk, oil and egg; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the cheeses.
    • Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
    • In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and one envelope of taco seasoning. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Set aside.
    • In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and remaining taco seasoning; mix well. Spread over crust. Sprinkle with the beef mixture and half of the cheeses.
    • Combine the corn, beans and salsa; spoon over cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Broil 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12-15 servings.

Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 slice) equals 460 calories, 25 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 1,041 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.

edited for spelling and to add that it does have a lot of sodium. If it's a concern get a lower sodium taco seasoning.
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am having this from webmd

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/meatloaf-shepherds-pie?ecd=wnl_dab_102512&ctr=wnl-dab-102512_ld-stry&mb=

Food & Recipes
    Meatloaf Shepherd's Pie

Save This Article For Later
    Share this:
    Font size:AAA

This Recipe Is:
    ALCOHOL-FREE, CITRUS-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, EGG-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, SHELLFISH-FREE, YEAST-FREE

By The Gluten Free Goddess
    WebMD Recipe from Foodily.com
    This is the perfect recipe for leftover night. How much meatloaf you have left over determines the amount of vegetables you add to the filling in order to stretch it to serve four. Here's a basic template.

Ingredients
    1/2 to 3/4 cupcorn kernels
    1/2 to 3/4 cupbaby peas
    2 carrots, peeled, chopped
    1 14-ounce candiced tomatoes with juice
    2 teaspoonsbalsamic vinegar
    pinch ofdried thyme, nutmeg, and cinnamon, to taste
    2 cupscooked potatoes, or non-mayo potato salad
    sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
    dill, or parsley for the top
    leftover meatloaf, crumbled
    Instructions
    For the filling you'll need:

Leftover meatloaf, crumbled
    1/2 to 3/4 cup corn kernels
    1/2 to 3/4 cup baby peas
    2 carrots, peeled, chopped
    1 14-oz can diced tomatoes with juice
    2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
    A pinch of dried thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon, to taste

For the topping:

About two cups of cooked potatoes or non-mayo potato salad
    Sea Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
    Dill or parsley for the top

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
    Place the leftover meatloaf in a bowl. Add the corn, baby peas, carrots, diced tomatoes and balsamic vinegar; mix to combine. Season with thyme, nutmeg and cinnamon, to taste. Mix and spoon into a single casserole dish or individual gratin dishes.
    Top with cooked leftover mashed potatoes, or vinegar potato salad. Sprinkle with dill, sea salt and pepper.
    Bake until heated through and bubbling- about 30 to 35 minutes or so (depending upon how cold the leftovers were when you assembled your pie).
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Leftover spaghetti.
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Polenta lasagna with sauteed veggies. My fave :)
  • jenniferdaniel1
    Options
    I had homemade chili for supper. Made with turkey burger, tomato juice, kidney beans (drained juices first) and whole wheat spaghetti.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    20 oz chicken breast, cubed and pan cooked (no oil) w/ herb & garlic marinade.
    255 g of white potato (call the food Nazi's!)
    200 g of steamed spinach leaf
    Coke Zero Cherry (look out aspartame is gunna' killz me)

Dinner. Nom nom.
  • katkrak
    katkrak Posts: 92
    Options
    Marvelous Minestrone (www.Katheats.com) :smile:
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian-style meatballs over jasmine rice, or in my case, romaine; a slightly healthier take on this recipe* (less sugar and more low sodium soy sauce, for example) with my own meatballs. NOT a regular rotation dish (I certainly wish sugar was cheaper to substitute).

*http://jamiecooksitup.net/2010/12/hawaiian-meatballs-and-onesweetlittletwinboy/