Am I the one MFPer who doesn't LOVE working out?

Options
13»

Replies

• cmacohio1975
    cmacohio1975 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. Hated it when I was just doing straight cardio (treadmill and bike) was seeing very little weight loss or body shape change and I was getting frustrated. Then I tried the ripped in 30 DVD and measured myself. 1/2 way through I saw real results and others started noticing too, so I stuck with it and finished that program. I am now on DVD #2 and hoping for similar results (lost 4 lbs and 11 inches 1st DVD) I still don't "love" working out.... but I DO like the results. :)
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Try different things - classes, different types of exercises etc - find a partner to workout with - when you find something you like doing you will definitely want to keep going - I agree with find a challenge for yourself - a fun run etc - it will help motivate you!
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I hate working out, I so gotta talk myself into doing this every day. Its the word "work" I think that gets me anxious lol.
    If you said hey lets go for a walk to enjoy the nice day, lets go for a swim, wanna go ride bikes, maybe hike that mountain heard the view is amazing, sure, those things are fun. But a technical "work-out" feels like its a punishment even though there are the rewards of renewed health and fitness, as well as looking great. Maybe if we change the name instead of work-out, to fun-in or something way cooler, the mind could be fooled into thinking its having a blast!
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I don't like jogging. I really don't like it, but I've found that what I really don't like is jogging under the hot sun. And in Singapore, if it's daylight, the hot sun is almost a given. So I've switched to jogging in the gym, which is more tolerable ^^ mostly though, I chose to get my cardio through aerobics, kickboxing, and various other dance classes. Especially kickboxing and dancing. I love those!
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I LOVE IT
    EVERY...SINGLE... TIME
    I feel like a mthr fckn BADA$$

Pick up things..sweat...do it again.
    yeah...I love it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all the replies but this has worked for me.

Find what you love to do as an activity. It might be a bunch of trials and errors but... eventually you WILL find something you love.

I used to heavy lift. I know how amazing lifting is. I still do it sometimes. I just donot enjoy doing it on a regular bases. Infact, typically I hate it. After doing it for a few months I got burned out and stopped working out.

Then I discovered boxing. OMFG do I love boxing! I now box when I can, along with biking and walking (I'm trying to get to the point of running). These 3 workouts I know I can do forever or atleast, for a very long time.

tl;dr: Experiment