Not all NSVs are good...

Options
13»

Replies

• GCAsMom
    GCAsMom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    D: I'm so sorry about your ring! I have to be very, very careful of that myself. I have my great grandmother's initial ring, (I was named after her and before I married, we had the same initials.) If I lost it, I would want to die, so I feel your pain.

Annoying NSV for me is my bras. I can't afford to buy new, so I just cranked the straps all the way down and use the last set of catches, but still... I could fit another half a boob each in each cup. :-O One of these days, I'm going to have to break down and buy a couple new ones. hehe
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Go to the jewelry store and let them make your rings thighter. This is not expensive and the problem is solved.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    My butt hurts when sitting on a hard chair. Lost the padding...

Gigantic work pants

Running capris/pants fall down my butt when I'm running outside and my neighbors get a fun show

Went from a C cup to a B cup :(
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    in no particular order:
    -butt hurts
    -cold hands if I dont do cardio for a couple days,
    -colder in general
    -ring fits only in the middle finger, and yet it is still loose. sometimes I wear it on the index
    -changed clothing a lot, though it is now stable, plus I was able to buy samples for a while
  • NCurtis7570
    NCurtis7570 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There should be a clothes swap or something on here...so we can all recycle our clothes we can only fit in for a few weeks at a time!
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't want to remove your rings you can get things that will clip on and keep them tight until you get to your goal weight.

http://www.amazon.com/Ring-Snuggies-Original-Adjusters-Assorted/dp/B0014DGXU8
  • ninabaz
    ninabaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    non scale victory
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I bruise easier. I mean, I used to bruise easy anyways, but now, they get awful. I hope it evens out soon, ahahah.
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My amazingly warm and waterproof winter coat from last year now buries me... it's a size 18 which I bought because it could still fit if I was wearing several layers underneath. I'm currently about a 12/14 so I look ridiculous in it :grumble:

On the counter-balance though... I couldn't bear to get rid of my favourite wool coat when I outgrew it a few years ago, and it now fits again! Even with a cardigan under it! :happy:
  • macmess
    macmess Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    For those with rings that are too big -
    I am still losing and don't want to get my wedding band re-sized until things "settle down". I heard there are sizers you can snap inside a ring if it is too big. Anyone seen/heard of this? I miss wearing my wedding band, It has sat on my night table for 3 months now...
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    For those with rings that are too big -
    I am still losing and don't want to get my wedding band re-sized until things "settle down". I heard there are sizers you can snap inside a ring if it is too big. Anyone seen/heard of this? I miss wearing my wedding band, It has sat on my night table for 3 months now...

You could put a little athletic tape on it to fit....I should have done this.
  • wildcata77
    Options
    I lost favourite ring today! Damn, I knew it was getting loose... Anyone else with *annoying* NSVs?

I did that too! A few years ago ... my engagement ring ... $10,000 ring slipped off in some wrapping paper in the bottom of a trash bag. We narrowed it down to that being the ONLY place it could be, and since we had taken the trash out to the big dumpster earlier in the day, my husband jumped into the dumpster, dug around and found OUR trash (yes, it was gross) and there, in the bottom of the bag, with some broken glass, was my ring. So LUCKY to have found it and to have a husband that would root around in a dumpster LOL! I hope you find yours.

I would have done the same thing.

For perspective, one of my "wake up calls" that I needed to lose weight was when my wedding set was stolen from our home. It was in my jewelry box because I couldn't squeeze it on my fat, bloated fingers any more.

Be sure those suckers are insured!!!
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Clothes! I made several sweatskirts (long skirts made out of sweat pants) and now they are literally sliding off of me. They are so comfy, I just adore them, but now way too big. If I alter them it will ruin the stretchy waist. I don't want to make more until I hit my goal weight, which is 48 pounds away...blah.
    Just tighten the elastic at the waist.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    My wedding and engagement ring currently reside on my middle finger, based on how they feel now, when I reach goal they'll be on my pointer. I think I'll use this as an excuse to hint for an anniversary band and have them all fused and resized when I reach goal.

Cold all the time. (temporary but still sucks)

Hormones stored in fat cells released and caused some of my hair to fall out like right after you have a baby hair loss. (temporary but still sucks)

due to the way clothes fit differently beyond just waist size I now wear "shorts" and "petites" not "averages" or "talls". I liked pretending I wasn't short.
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    For all of you that want to wear your rings that are getting a bit loose and dont want to lose them - any jewelrey store should have adjustable ring sizers - they're little band thingys that clip inside the ring band and hold it tight to your fingers - they've got a tiny spring in them so they stay tight (not too tight) - they dont pinch or hurt your hands at all and will definately keep your rings on - I have a couple for when my hands swell - they only cost a couple dollars and are completely worth it.
  • ladioffaith
    Options
    Too THIN for most of the PANTS in my wardrobe ... too FAT for most of the BELTS in my wardrobe. Of my vast collection of leather belts, there are exactly 2 that fit around my waist. Neither fits the actual clothes very well. Good thing I wear sweaters that hang over the belt, because it is not a pretty sight.

Did I mention that finding belts to fit me is more difficult than finding actual pants?

And though my clothes tell me I am at least one pound smaller than I was last week, my scale, and the one at the doctors, say I am lying and I have gained 3-5 pounds! Must be all that training at the gym. Yeah, that's it. I've really gained that much muscle in 3 sessions of strength training!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!