Suggestion for workout with low impact to knees

I started 30day shred and have loved the workout so far. But, my knees have been screaming at me today. Does anyone have a low impact workout that won't make me suffer the next day.

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 884 Member
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos! They are awesome. You can do as intense or as easy as you want.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    "walk away the pounds" dvds by leslie sansone, available at walmart less then $10. I love them:smile:
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    I like the elliptical trainer. Great cardio workout with no impact on my knees.
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    I love love love Leslie Samson's workouts and you do work up a sweat but it gos by fast.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Slim in 6 is low impact. Classic kettlebell dvd's are low impact strength and cardio.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Another Leslie fan! I found 30DS way too severe on my knees and my hips (I have hyper flexi hip joints) so I use Leslie. I get an equal amount of cal burns per half hour with Leslie as I do with Jillian.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    I also use the Leslie Sansone dvds. I have a knee injury myself (50% patella tendon tear) and need low impact. I've still got a ways to go but 24lbs and 17.5 inches lost in 3 1/2 months, I LOVE Leslie Sansone!
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Will save for later, I was just talking to my mfp friends about how my knees are suddenly bothering me. Don't know what I will do if they get worse because I love to walk!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Water aerobics and swimming are great if you have access to a pool.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    I wog (walk/jog) in the mornings, but in addition at home I like to do Physique 57 DVDs. They are VERY low impact and I feel the burn. Sometimes I have to talk myself through them, but I feel amazing at the end. Google 'em! :) Or message me and I'll tell you what I know.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Bike.... bike.... bike....
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Weight training. No impact. At all.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Walking; swimming; recumbent bike; elliptical and/or ski machine

If you do weight training stay away from lunges and squats b/c they are killers to the knees or do few reps with very light or no weights
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    bump
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    I also agree with Leslie Sansone walking DVDs! Her workouts are amazing, and you will work up a sweat but it's easy on the knees.
  • I have horrible knees... I am on level 3 of 30 Day Shred... I adjust the exercises that they jump my knees can't handle the impact. I still do the same movements just without the jump and have lost 15 lbs thus far.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Recumbent bike if you have the disposable income and space for one. My left knee is bone on bone on one side (and waiting for surgical approval) and I can use my bike a minimum of 12 miles a day without making my knee hurt more than usual. :smile:
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Bump for later...I have a torn Meniscus and I am trying to make it through!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Bike.... bike.... bike....

yes...yes...yes...

My knees are trashed, but I can ride my recumbent on a very low tension and spin. Ice them afterwards.
  • aqua fit training, walking, and eliptical. Those have helped me. :smile: