Suggestion for workout with low impact to knees

Options
I started 30day shred and have loved the workout so far. But, my knees have been screaming at me today. Does anyone have a low impact workout that won't make me suffer the next day.

Replies

• tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos! They are awesome. You can do as intense or as easy as you want.
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    "walk away the pounds" dvds by leslie sansone, available at walmart less then $10. I love them:smile:
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like the elliptical trainer. Great cardio workout with no impact on my knees.
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love love love Leslie Samson's workouts and you do work up a sweat but it gos by fast.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Slim in 6 is low impact. Classic kettlebell dvd's are low impact strength and cardio.
  • Shellitz
    Shellitz Posts: 188
    Options
    Another Leslie fan! I found 30DS way too severe on my knees and my hips (I have hyper flexi hip joints) so I use Leslie. I get an equal amount of cal burns per half hour with Leslie as I do with Jillian.
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I also use the Leslie Sansone dvds. I have a knee injury myself (50% patella tendon tear) and need low impact. I've still got a ways to go but 24lbs and 17.5 inches lost in 3 1/2 months, I LOVE Leslie Sansone!
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Will save for later, I was just talking to my mfp friends about how my knees are suddenly bothering me. Don't know what I will do if they get worse because I love to walk!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Water aerobics and swimming are great if you have access to a pool.
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I wog (walk/jog) in the mornings, but in addition at home I like to do Physique 57 DVDs. They are VERY low impact and I feel the burn. Sometimes I have to talk myself through them, but I feel amazing at the end. Google 'em! :) Or message me and I'll tell you what I know.
  • Colonel_Brandon
    Colonel_Brandon Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Bike.... bike.... bike....
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Weight training. No impact. At all.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Walking; swimming; recumbent bike; elliptical and/or ski machine

If you do weight training stay away from lunges and squats b/c they are killers to the knees or do few reps with very light or no weights
  • nana6380__Chris
    nana6380__Chris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I also agree with Leslie Sansone walking DVDs! Her workouts are amazing, and you will work up a sweat but it's easy on the knees.
  • Meribeth928
    Options
    I have horrible knees... I am on level 3 of 30 Day Shred... I adjust the exercises that they jump my knees can't handle the impact. I still do the same movements just without the jump and have lost 15 lbs thus far.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Recumbent bike if you have the disposable income and space for one. My left knee is bone on bone on one side (and waiting for surgical approval) and I can use my bike a minimum of 12 miles a day without making my knee hurt more than usual. :smile:
  • arsonsmom
    arsonsmom Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bump for later...I have a torn Meniscus and I am trying to make it through!!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Bike.... bike.... bike....

yes...yes...yes...

My knees are trashed, but I can ride my recumbent on a very low tension and spin. Ice them afterwards.
  • webarr2003
    Options
    aqua fit training, walking, and eliptical. Those have helped me. :smile: