150 Calorie per PINT ice cream....

Options

Replies

• sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    If you are going to sit down and house a pint of anything, you should know you wil have to do some hard work to get rid of it. Thats common sense.

I still think, personally, that it is better then a pint of B&J. And im not someone who can putdown a whole pint in one sitting, anymore.

Should you eat a whole pint this at once? Nope. If you are deciding to eat a whole pint, is it a BAD choice to pick this ice cream? I dont personally think so. And if youdo pick it, to eat on a cheat day, the whole thing, shouldyou do it everyday? NO. and that goes for ALL 'ice cream' and 'frozen desserts'.

I like this product, personally, and i thought id share. I would like to consider it to be about 220 cals per pint now, in light of seeing this stuff about it being higher. but i still think thats a pretty good deal. per pint. especially if im not sitting down to eat the whole pint.

I hope some one finds it and likes it, while still considering the possibility of having to adjust the calorie count. And i hope that if you find it abhorrent, that you wont go near it.

Can we all agree to disagree? Have our own opinions? Its just ice cream. And even with all these arguments considered, its still better than B&J, and most other frozen dairy gum based partially gelatinated whatevers..... in moderation. thats the key to this whole thing. dont eat the whole pint in one sitting, and dont eat it everyday, and accept that it is not 'ice cream' technically, but it also has a short list f ingredients, all of which are entirely pronouncable.

water
    whey protein,
    organic cane sugar
    chicory root
    dutch cocoa
    natural flavors
    sea salt
    and monk fruit concentrate.
    guar and xanathan gums as binders fro creaminess, bc there is... no milk.

also no MSG or HVP.

fat free
    lactose free
    gluten free
    14 grams of protein per serving.

I dont know guys... this looks like a good deal to me... possible caloric discrepancy considered....

What other flavors have you tried besides vanilla maple?
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've had it. It tastes awful. sort of like chocolate with something bitter and sort of salty. The texture is close to when you thaw and refreeze ice-cream. It's not worth it at all. Either commit to eating some friggin ice-cream or skip it entirely.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've had it. It tastes awful. sort of like chocolate with something bitter and sort of salty. The texture is close to when you thaw and refreeze ice-cream. It's not worth it at all. Either commit to eating some friggin ice-cream or skip it entirely.

^^^This! :sick:
  • sck2008
    Options
    OMFG.....My store by my house has this :) TY!!!!

After reading through the reviews...id rather have the real thing and make it myself at home lol
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thats right. You heard me... I have chocolate, and cookies and cream in my freezer, calling my name as we speak... even if it SUCKS..... ill make an almond milk milkshake out of it, and i still come out on top.

http://www.myarcticzero.com/

Hells yeah...

And in case you arent aware, a pint of Ben & Jerry's can have 1000 calories or more per pint, and 50 grams of fat....

It's a great find yes. Just watch the sugar...it's high in sugar.
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    If you think this sad excuse for ice cream compares to ben and jerrys you need help....Id much MUCH rather use 1000 calories of glorious goodness that is ben and jerrys sorry to say this is not an option for me
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    I wound up turning the pint of chocolate into a giant milkshake, with almond milk, 1 cup. So i rounded up 50 cals on the ice cream to 200, and added the 90 from the almond milk, and had a huge milkshake, for 290 cals. Im cool with that, and i personally think the taste was yumbo.

And Savageman, i never said it compared to Ben & Jerrys in any way at ALL except that they both have calories, and the point of the thing was to focus on how much less, of them, were in the one than the other. In this respect, the Arctic Zero is far superior, even with generous rounding. Just saying.

Once again...

Just saying, Its ice cream. Calm down.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    My personal experience:

It is very expensive even compared to Haagen Dazs and Ben & Jerry's. The quality is terrible, and I couldn't stand the taste.Not worth the money or calories. I think there are many better options.

I would rather just budget in quality ice cream or make my own low calorie ice cream
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    From a different perspective I worry about the message that this stuff puts out there.

Branding something as having 'only' 150cal per pint puts the message out there that it's ok to eat copious volumes of things as long as the calorie content is low. Whatever happened to portion control?! Weight loss and healthy lifestyle changes should be about educating ourselves into eating a nutritious diet with things a the right quantity. Not just wolfing down the latest fat free/sugar free fad that comes along by the pint load.

Anyway, being in NZ where the dairy is excellent quality, I'll keep my 2 scoops of Kohu Road vanilla or amazing Kapiti ice creams thanks... besides, if I ate them on a regular basis because they were low calorie, they wouldn't be nearly so special and coveted in my freezer!
  • Winner808
    Options
    didnt they run their own tests and clarify the calorie count to be accurate?
  • katielauren2001
    katielauren2001 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    A pint?! That's a lot of ice cream. I agree with previous poster about portion control. Just have a scoop or two of the good stuff for a treat. Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel is yum.
  • eddiesmith1
    eddiesmith1 Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    A pint?! That's a lot of ice cream. I agree with previous poster about portion control. Just have a scoop or two of the good stuff for a treat. Haagen Dazs Salted Caramel is yum.

^^^ Exactly, I bought a pint of good local ice cream for 2 of us, it provided 3 desserts for us
    OTOH we are far more likely to have the Creamy Yogurt Bars under the President's Choice Blue Menu label - between 80-100 per bar depending on flavour and I've yet to have one that wasn't good - probably not available outside canada :tongue:

http://www.presidentschoice.ca/en_CA/products/productlisting/blue_menu_caramel_greek_yogurt_smoothie_prod2040211.html
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options

I'm heart broken. I just had a box of those weight watchers ice cream bars in my freezer last week. :-(
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Gah!!!

"...But the biggest gut-buster of all: the new summertime craze, Arctic Zero ice cream. It promises 150 calories for the whole pint: Sounds great. But in our test, the results were less than appetizing.

Our sample of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple had a whopping 46 percent more calories than the label. The Chocolate Peanut Butter: an incredible 68 percent more calories.

Arctic Zero told us its calorie counts are accurate. So we asked to see their test results — and we're still waiting..."

-http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/

Jerks.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to try the cookies and cream flavor....Huge disappointment. Did not have the texture of ice cream more like a crappy sorbet. No cookie bits or even imitation cookie bits. Did not have a flavor of cookies n cream or even a hint of vanilla.
    I am willing to try other flavors though if they are better.
  • BellaDubs
    Options
  • Marionmmm1
    Options
    Publix also carries it... but yeah, it was disappointing... Gimme some Blue Bell and game ON!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Tastes pretty bad :(
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I fall into the "this stuff is gnarly" crowd. I tried two different flavors and both were pretty gross. But some people like it and it definitely beats the calories in polishing off a pint of ben and jerry's!
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options

This does not cite wether this particular ice cream was in fact higher or lower than it claimed, and actually, most of the products cited tested lower, than the labels even said.

Also, i would still have to eat 8 to 10 of these pints, to equal one pint of B&J. Even if itsnot 150, but 200, or 250, that beats the crap out of the usual 500 - 1000 cals per pint of most other ices...

Ummm... yes it does "cite" it:

"But the biggest gut-buster of all: the new summertime craze, Arctic Zero ice cream. It promises 150 calories for the whole pint: Sounds great. But in our test, the results were less than appetizing.

Our sample of Arctic Zero Vanilla Maple had a whopping 46 percent more calories than the label. The Chocolate Peanut Butter: an incredible 68 percent more calories.

Arctic Zero told us its calorie counts are accurate. So we asked to see their test results — and we're still waiting."

Oh, and FTR, I prefer a local ice cream called "Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream," which is NOT inexpensive. I buy a pint and I weigh out my portions and I make it last me for 4-8 servings, just a little at a time. That is far more worth it to me than wasting the calories on something that I won't enjoy. I'm glad there are others who like it, but I agree with another poster who pointed out that part of this process really is about learning moderation. Eating ice cream a pint (or a quart or whatever other amount) at a time is likely something that brought many of us here.