I don't watch or own a TV...am I the only one????

Options

Replies

• EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I don't watch TV at home(only dvds) or xbox. Though I like to watch food network when i hit the gym on their TV there.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I have two TV's and the one in my daughter's room is on ALL the time....whether she's watching it or not...i think she likes the background noise....

and the one in the living room which is never on unless i have some me time, which is rare, and then i usually turn it on to play the PS3 rather than watch TV. I just never watch it.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't if I wasn't living with my husband. He just HAD to have the big screen. *sigh*
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I own 6 tv's (including a 3-D one), ................but I never watch TV at all, everyone else does though.......................
  • noralynn71
    Options
    We have a TV, but no outside connection. The kids watch Netflix of occasion, but you will find us reading, playing games or on the computer. I seem to be the oddity too at work and around family. I just turned it off one day and decided there is stuff I like to do so much more!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Not alone. I despise TV . I could live very well without it .
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    i would die without a tv lol. i live in the country so i limit my trips to the city for shopping, visiting etc. my tv is on morning til nite even though i don't watch much of it til evening. i just need the noise. have the radio goin in my puter room too lol
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I do own a TV, I do not have any dedicated cable provider I use Netflix when I actually watch TV but I rarely watch a lot of TV. Sometimes I turn it on so i have background noise and I do have a couple shows that I watch (streaming video online) but usually thats on my down time - re: Saturday nights when I hide in my house and don't answer the phone or door.

I have so much going on - I am single but I spend time with my niece, have a hobby that keeps me pretty busy and work full time. TV/movies are generally the last thing on my mind.

Kudos to you for not owning a TV and keeping your kids active.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    we have two TV's but I hardly ever get to watch them...and when I do I get called lazy from my family and that I'm ignoring them...I would love to disconnect satelite...I could do alot with that extra money a month...Kudos to you for not having one...there is usually never anything on anyways except crap...
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't have a TV and I don't watch it. I hate commercials and most shows are crap anyway. I like to listen to the radio instead while I do other things.
    I do love to watch movies on the computer when I'm sick or something. :)
  • CarlyRobbinsGilbert
    Options
    We have a TV but it doesn't do much because we don't have cable. Sometimes we watch movies, but we are so busy that it is a treat. My husband watches sports games on a website he uses on the computer, or he watches games at sports bars or with friends. Cable is so expensive, and our complex requires that we use a certain provider. Even though we don't have kids yet, I like the idea (because I largely lived without TV as a kid) of encouraging them to be active and use imagination. Sometimes I feel like I am missing out when my friends talk about catching up on this series or that, but I find that if I really want to see something, it's better for me to have to go out of my way to do so just because there are so many other better things for me to do with my time!
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    I watch a lot of tv but I watch sort of like I read. I like ongoing sci-fi and fantasy shows so for me it's like watching a book! I do read a lot well.
  • DzNuts11
    Options
    There are two televisions in my house, but I rarely watch televeision. In fact, one of them hasn't been used in over a year and the other one I've only watched only Red Box movies, which I will rent about one a month, if that. When I lived on my own, I never had a television because I was always too busy working 2 jobs, working out, big social life, and the only thing I did at home was undress, dress, shower, sleep and clean. Thank goodness, I now have added in prepping food, home maintenance (bought a home 8 & 1/2 years ago), and spending time with my sister and her daughter who live with me. Recently (about 3 weeks now), we started to head over to another sister's home to watch the Bronco game and spend time with her husband and two boys.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think I might die without television! I love it and am endlessly entertained and informed by it. My husband and I have three in the house, for just the two of us. :laugh:

I still manage to work a full-time job, get an hour or so of workout a day in, take care of our three dogs, cook homemade meals, engage in my hobbies of hiking and photography, and do my housecleaning.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I own one, it's mostly for my daughter to watch cartoons on. I am a single Mom, work 45+ hours a week, go to school part time to work on getting my degree, and help transport a special needs child to and from school/daycare 3 times a week for my roommate. Add in cleaning, cooking, laundry and taking my daughter to ballet once a week and I don't have time to sit down and watch TV. What little bit I DO get to watch is usually whatever cartoon my daughter has on while I do school work or clean.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    Options
    I own four TVs but we don't have cable. Only time I watch one is for family movie night with Netflix...or when I'm playing video games. VIDEO GAMES FTW PEOPLE!!!!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Oh no. Not alone. I despise TV . I could live very well without it .
    This is a misnomer.

Considering you can find everything and ANYTHING on the Internet.

Stop acting like you people are doing something high and noble. The Jakes is on you.
  • Jimaudit
    Jimaudit Posts: 275
    Options
    Actually my wife and I divey up the evening chores and get twice accomplished.....

Once my daughter goes to bed, we sit down to relax and watch 1 show we have dvr'd.
  • Adina81
    Adina81 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have 2 tvs.... I only ever turn on CP24.
    Its more of a comfort thing from my childhood then it is of me wanting to watch it.
    The background noise reminds me of my childhood because my father use to watch that channel all day.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I do not own or watch TV either.